TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Gravity

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Gravity users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 01, 2013Rissa25 11-01-13  2:52 pm
Archive through March 11, 2014Countrydaze25 03-11-14  10:48 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I watched the movie recently and felt the same way Countrydaze, I was gasping for breath sometimes - mainly after holding my breath when we knew the oxygen levels were depleting. I also should have taken a half Xanax, my anxiety during the movie was pretty bad at times.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
There are quite a few programs/movies I have to watch in small amounts at a time to keep down my stress level. 24, The Amazing Race and movies like Gravity.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Thanks Brenda...those "honest trailer" were very funny, I ended up watching several. Really like the one for Catching Fire

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Glad you enjoyed. The one for Wolf of Wall Street is good, but rated R, like the film.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Saw this on my home screen; didn't like it. Didn't care for Wolf of Wall Street, either but I'll grant that Gravity probably was a different experience on the big screen. Wolf - not so much. Have been avoiding 12 Years a Slave and Dallas Buyer's Club because of the difficult subject matter (not so much for me but for Colossus - he wants to be entertained by movies, not upset).

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Finally saw this movie yesterday since my son was bragging about it for so long, I am more sceptical and I understood right away that the point the movie was making was to protest against all the space junk out there orbiting the earth and polluting our space with the potential of destruction as we saw in the movie, potential for sure but in real life we know that NASA has it all covered... so they say. Anyway, special effects were great and I felt 'gravity' in every single space movement, although I think Sandra could have easily pulled in Clooney towards the station, because how is it possible that he was pulled away while she was pulled in towards the station without the extra weight (aren't they weightless) but I guess gravity is such that one can smash against another object that easily and cause the destruction we saw. I felt like I wanted the whole space junk out there pulverized but unfortunately it keeps orbiting for ever and ever... who knows, maybe it will happen eventually as we saw it in the movie... how many more satellites do we need? oh well...

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Special effects were great. Story was a bit "meh" - very glad that it was only 90 minutes long.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I finally got around to seeing this myself last week. It was for better or worse pretty much what I expected. The special effects and acting were top notch but the story was very predictable and a bit painful. I agree that it must have benefited greatly from the big screen and 3D.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just caught this on TV, didn't see the whole thing, came upon it just as Clooney was being pulled away and Sandra was trying to pull him back in.

I understand in space, according to what I have seen not sure it is real, that it is the exertion that produces the flying away, and you can't stop it.

Anyway, I was very intrigued, wondered how they filmed it to appear that there was no gravity, I was caught up so I bought it. Really enjoyed it even though I wasn't totally clear on the plot.

I just wish they would have ended it with a helicopter or something in the background, I wanted to see her rescued.

So for me it was enjoyable, but then I didn't pay $8 to go and see it, LOL.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I remember thinking I couldn't possibly enjoy a movie with only one actor in it for the majority of the time but I was hooked from beginning to end. I credit the director and Sandra Bullock for making it work.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: