TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 19, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 19, 2013 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed "The Big Wedding" - hackneyed plot but great cast!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Hangover 3. best part is the final scene after the credits roll :-(

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 27, 2013 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yes, don't leave the theater too early. There is Schwarma in Hangover III.

We enjoyed it. Always get a laugh how they film in Las Vegas. Glad there was closure....until the Schwarma.

The Big Wedding has LOL moments, very predictable. Could have waited for cable.

Loved Star Trek: Into Darkness (but we're trekkies). Liked how the Kahn story (and the ST universe) was tweaked so it wasn't completely the same as TOS or ST:II (movie). We think the next movie will get more into a Klingon conflict?

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, May 27, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Oblivion - It really worked for me as action/sci-fi/mystery/romance movie and as art. And Procol Harum's Whiter Shade of Pale, was the PERFECT song at the exact right time...took my breath away!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Finally got around to watching "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" (Ewen McGregor, Emily Blunt, Kristin Scott Thomas). Really enjoyed it, nice story, well-acted, beautiful scenery.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the "new" "Great Gatsby" so much that I have the "old" version checked out of the library to watch - Robert Redford and Mia Farrow.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Also saw 'Love is All You Need" yesterday. Very pedestrian story line, but I found the scenery lovely!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
THE SAPPHIRES is highly recommended. Keep an eye out for this Australian dramedy that had a limited release. It is based on a true story about four Aboriginal girls who form a group and entertain the troops in Viet Nam circa 1968. It's a sweet feel good story with great music.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Side Effects is worth a Redbox rental imo.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Monsters U.... cute, fun movie. I highly recommend seeing it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Alex Cross 6.66666/10

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I finally saw "The Heat" last night. It's a non-stop laugh riot, but be forewarned: the F-bombs are relentless. McCarthy is her usual hysterical self and Bullock is equally funny. At least one sequel (if not more) is more or less guaranteed.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I saw "The Heat" yesterday and was SHOCKED at how many white/grey heads there were in the audience. This piece is screamihgly funny - but the laguage can be pretty crude -

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Saw The Heat today and agree, funniest movie I've seen in a long time. I think it was extra funny to me because I live in the area of MA where a lot of the movie was filmed. In fact, the theater we saw it at is in a mall right across the street from the Denny's that was in the film. In my youth I had many a late night/early morning breakfast at that Denny's after a night out.
One thing I noticed was that some of the humor towards minorities or racial profile made me cringe a bit. Probably because of heightened sensitivity due to all the Big Brother controversy.
Overall, the movie was non-stop LOL funny.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
White House down is awesome!!! Great summer flick. Grownups 2 sucked. I laughed more in White house!!!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just saw "The Heat" and it was great! Laughed so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes. It's a lot of slap-stick humour but great fun.

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
Loved The Heat. I want to see it again, was laughing so hard, there are things I missed.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
The Heat was soooooo funny. Loved it!!!

Despicable Me 2 was a lot of fun for adults and kids :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Were the Millers is HYSTERICAL!!! very raunchy. If you loved Ted you will love this, maybe even more!

I literally feel like I did 100 sit up cuz my tummy hurts from LOL the whole movie!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just saw Despicable Me 2 and it was a lot of fun for both me and my nearly 7 year old daughter. I think it's more interesting because it has a spy/sci-fi gadgets and such.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Hope to get to see "We're the Millers" in the next few days!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Has anyone heard anying about or - better still - seen the new White House butler movie? Amazing cast!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, August 19, 2013 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Saw the above movie today. It is long but quite good. As I said above, an amazing cast.

My only issue was that - with the exception of the Reagan actor - I would have had NO idea going by looks who was being portrayed had I not lived though those times in history.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, August 19, 2013 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Saw the above movie today. It is long but quite good. As I said above, an amazing cast.

My only issue was that - with the exception of the Reagan actor - I would have had NO idea going by looks who was being portrayed had I not lived though those times in history.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 19, 2013 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'd love for my daughter to see The Butler, but like you say, unless you know your history you're not going to get as much out of it. So I think we'll wait for her to see it on home video where we can pause and talk.

I saw it in the theater and found it very well done. Big thumbs up. I found Reagan to be the most distracting of all the presidents.

Spoiler *******
Professor Snape as Reagan just about did me in. LOL.