TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Family

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: The Family users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Curious about additional feedback on this film. Hubby and I saw it yesterday, he said he enjoyed it OK but wouldn't see it again. I didn't fall asleep but was almost bored enough to give a nap a try. LOLOL I don't blame the movie though, think it was the marketing. The previews I saw made it look like a comedy, one synopsis even used the word... farce. If I had a more accurate expectation, perhaps I could have gotten more enjoyment from the film. No-one in our theatre laughed a single time, there were some light-hearted moments but not rising to the level of comedy IMO. It also didn't have a lot of suspense so failed on that level too.
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I will put this here to be safe.... Since the father and 2 kids all seem like sociopaths, you can't really care for them. Only mom (Pfeiffer) looked like she was torn between behaving and her instincts.
I went into this movie with a specific expectation and reviews all seemed fairly positive so interested in what others thought.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: