TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Les Miserables

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Les Miserables users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 30, 2012Jimmer25 12-30-12  5:32 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Westtexan

07-16-2004

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Westtexan a private message Print Post    
I cried because it's beautiful. The music and the story. I cry when I hear certain hymns and patriotic songs and I cry when I hear Les Mis songs. It's a swelling of emotion that pours out my eyes. It's not all sad, but for me it is all emotional; a story of redemption, love, forgiveness, devotion, patriotism, love, sacrifice, repentance, and love, love, pure unconditional love.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well I am a sap and even well up at some tv commercials, so something as powerfully emotionally exquisite as Les Miz is bound to sweep me away in a puddle of tears.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
ditto westtexan and mame..i am all of the above! LOL

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
If you don't cry over Gavroche, you have no heart!! :-)

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Snoopsmom, there definately is a lot of crying to be done. Had I known what I was getting into I would have preferred to watch it at home too. I had no clue what Les Miserables was about, and was not planning to see it.... A couple of my sister-in-laws overpowered me and I'm glad they did. It was awesome & I truly enjoyed it. I didn't even look at my phone once to see how much longer...LOL but make note: Concession napkins do not do the trick....Bring Kleenex!!! and lots of it

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Actually, Teachmichigan, Gavroche was practically the only part that made me cry. I thought most of the singing was horrific. Ann was good, Russell passable, but the only thing I could think of every time Amanda opened her mouth was Minnie Mouse. Ack! Just awful.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched the DVD. Anne was perfection as was the lad who played Marius.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
This is the ultimate Valjean...Colm Wilkerson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsYnhVITf9E

This is why as good as Jackman was he just didn't do it for me.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh, and Wilkerson played the priest in the movie.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA OG! I actually saw him onstage as Valjean in Les Miz. I've seen it onstage 4 times over the years, and he starred in one of the productions.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh, Mame, you were indeed blessed to hear that wonderful voice in person. Since I watched the movie yesterday I can't get the music out of my mind. For years every summer when I canned peaches I'd listen to the 10th anniversary CD.

I got to watch a traveling company of LM, but it fell short of what I was so used to in voice quality that I was a bit disappointed. I am very much a voice snob when it comes to LM.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I had the great pleasure of seeing Wilkinson live in Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages Theater in Toronto. He is indeed an incredibly gifted artist. I do enjoy Hugh Jackman, as well, so Les Mis with both of them was much enjoyed - especially since I went in assuming it would be quite a few steps below the onstage version.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: