TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Hobbit:An Unexpected Journey

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: The Hobbit:An Unexpected Journey users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 2:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Not too shabby

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not really into those sorts of movies, but for a 2hr 4minute movie I wasn't bored, so that's a good sign.

I have to say though.... the singing?!?! The second song was reasonably in context but for that first song I was scared agreeing to go see the movie could have been a terrible mistake!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kitt, there's singing in The Hobbit? I thought Les Miz was the only flick out with singing right now.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
The songs are in the book, so I rather enjoyed seeing how they were interpreted musically. We saw it yesterday and enjoyed it as well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I saw a live theatre version of The Hobbit at a Young People's Theatre years ago, (took a friend's then young son to see it) but I don't remember squat about it. Meanwhile I just discovered that this film is # 1 on DH's wish list. (I usually have to drag him to the flicks.)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There were two songs, Mame, the first is a little bit "say what now?!?!" but the second fits in pretty well. I guess if they're in the book it makes it a bit better, but when the first one started I just looked at my husband and we both had mouths agape, it was a little... disney.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 1:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads-up Kitt & Teach. I'd probably fsllen out of my seat stunned. LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Definitely not my thing/genre,but it is my bro in laws. I want to get him the book for Xmas. I thought there would be a new book to coincide with the film but all Ive found on Hobbits is a book released in 2005. Is that the only Hobbit book?

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
loved the movie! I read The Hobbit when I was 14 and that was many years ago.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hated it. Loathed it. Did I mention that I didn't like it even a teeny tiny ittie bittie bit. Booooooooooooring! Blech. Les Miz was sold out, so we saw this instead. A rare form of torture. Feh. Mind you, DH enjoyed it, so not a total loss.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
DH and I saw The Hobbit today and really enjoyed it. I've never read the book but DH was quick to tell me about the songs in relationship to the book, so that was cool. I hear there are two more movies after this one and we both look forward to seeing them. I love Gollum the best!

Mame, I'm so sorry you had to sit through a movie you were not interested in, poor thing. I'll be going to see Les Miz by myself because DH isn't interested in seeing it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Eggie, It's my own danged fault. I'd forgotten that I slept through the Lord of the Rings films... and I NEVER sleep through films. I will spare myself the last 2 of the Hobbit films. Glad you enjoyed it though. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: