TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Silver Linings Playbook

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Silver Linings Playbook users admin

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
This movie has big buzz. It stars Bradley Cooper as a man coming out of a mental hospital, and Jennifer Lawrence as a girl he meets. It's won some festival awards. Both are predicted as potential Oscar nominees.

Jennifer was nominated for BA for Winter's Bone. Got that one on DVR but haven't watched it yet. I love her as Katniss Everdeen and in XMen. Looks like she's going to be big in the industry if she can carry blockbusters but be loved by the critics.

I'm also happy to see Bradley Cooper getting good notices. :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I love the previews for it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, December 01, 2012 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just saw this today. I loved it. There were uncomfortable parts, but the acting was awesome. Who would have thought that Bradley Cooper had that kind of acting range. When the theatre applauds at the end of a movie, you know that it was a good one. Glad to see Chris Tucker in it too. I haven't seen him in awhile.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I read the review for this today on Fandango and thought it sounded promising - glad to hear that I was right!

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
I went and saw this last weekend. It's an amazing movie. Yes, it's quirky, but it is definitely a cult classic.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Saw this last night. It was really enjoyable and funny. Now to read the book.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
I saw it today and was very surprised to see the theater so full! I enjoyed the storyline and the acting was excellent. Bradley Cooper....oh my!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Acting "craxy" like acting "retarded" has to be done so skillfully to not look like a parody! Outstanding acting here!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Finally watched this last night. I guess I expected more after all the hype and nominations. I didn't even think Bradley Coopers and Jennifer Lawrence's character were attracted to one another. I just thought throughtout the movie they were both just struggling with their own issues and using dance as a way to cope with it. Granted Lawrence's character did seem to know what Cooper's character needed but I was surprised he 'loved' her at the end. I did find some parts funny but didn't like the role of the his psychiatrist and then him showing up at the game. It was an ok movie for a night when nothing was on tv. Didn't have me yearning for more.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just watched this and loved it. Great cast and great performances.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
My DD's copy just arrived yesterday from Amazon...I finally get to watch it. I hope I haven't elevated my expectations too high.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought my expectations would be too high too Ophilia -but I really enjoyed it. Not sure what I was expecting- but at first I thought the movie was going to be a real downer but it was well done and enjoyable.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's on my must-see list. I'm hoping it's on cable On Demand soon.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
9.5/10

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
IMHO the only part worth watching was about the last half hour. i'm not exposed to profanity in my world, so the 'F' word ruined most of the film for me.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I agree with Mizinvanccouver's assessment. I didn't see Jennifer Lawrence's performance as Academy Award-winning caliber (although the nomination was warranted. FWIW I didn't think what's-her-redhead's performance in Zero Dark Thirty should have won an Oscar either.) I did think Bradley Cooper had a superior performance to Daniel Day Lewis' in Lincoln. Colossus hated all the screaming. And the thought the ending was kind of abrupt and not adequately supported by the rest of the movie.

But it was good.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
If you don't think Jennifer Lawrence deserved an Academy Award, watch her face when she is explaining how her husband was killed. The whole range of emotions expressed is astonishing.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, May 06, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The best faces without saying a word were Judy Dench in Mrs. Brown; and Joan Allen in The Crucible.

Justforme

03-26-2004

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justforme a private message Print Post    
Agree...nice to see you around Weinermr.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
We saw it last night and loved it. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I loved this movie and was impressed with both Lawrence and Cooper in it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: