TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Argo...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Argo... users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
bleep yourselves See the movie for context

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL. We were discussing this in the "recommendations" thread. Excellent heart-pounding movie even if Affleck was "fast and loose" with the facts.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Affleck looked so good and the film was so exciting that I can forgive some Hollywood-izing of the facts. :-)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
LOL @ KL's post!

GREAT movie! Super interesting and exciting, great acting, very well done movie.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just saw this. Very suspenseful even though I knew how it ended. Excellent cast and acting.

Biginjapan

07-23-2005

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biginjapan a private message Print Post    
My parents dragged me to this movie. It was awesome. So intense. And that Ben Affleck has never looked better in his life.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
KL, every time I hear this movie that's the one line that sticks in my head LOL I loved those guys together laughing at themselves when they would say it

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I went to see it right when it came out because it seemed like a great film and was well reviewed by the critics.

And it was very good! I remember the sensation of looking at boyfriends cell phone when he checked the time at one point during the movie and going "Really?!? has an hour and twenties minutes gone by already??" cause it had felt like more like thirty minutes. The movie just flew by for me because it was so suspenseful.

Along with the famous line from above my other favorite moment was when the guards kept the drawings at the end (when they'd just scraped by right before getting on the plane) and were laughing and using hand gestures to depict the action scenes in them. It was just funny how into it there were lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It was my absolute honour to meet Ken Taylor, many years ago, in New York City at a VIP event for Canada Day. One of the thrills of my life. I've met more Stars than I've had hot dinners, but this man is a real live Hero.

'Argo': Former Canadian ambassador Ken Taylor sets the record straight

http://tinyurl.com/a66g5v9

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
On principle I was prepared to skip this film, (due to the HUGE liberties that were taken with the facts, cuz this movie is 75% fictionalized, read the article I posted above).

But hubby wanted to see it cuz it's winning so many awards. Must say that as a fictional-action film it was a real nailbiter.

Loved it!

Also want to point out that I was hesitant to see it in case it was too violent, which thankfully it wasn't. At least they didn't sensationalize that aspect of it. And I appreciated that.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 2:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just watched and really enjoyed this movie. I was on the edge of my seat even though I knew they would make it out.

Thanks for the above article, Mame.

In addition to the Argo bleep yourselves line, I also loved... "this is the best bad idea we have sir".

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Mame, I liked that it was edge of your seat without being violent. That's what made it so good to me. Although, I think Silver Linings Playbook should win the Oscar. Both were really really good. Loved seeing Alan Arkin and John Goodman playing off each other..... they should make a movie just about them!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Arkin and Goodman were WONDERFUL!!! ITA, they should do SOMETHING together...Hmm, maybe a revival of THE ODD COUPLE!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the movie too.At the time I was 18 and my only concerns were partys,discos,young studs and whether or not it was an odd or even day to fill my car with gasoline. It was nice to re visit that time through adult eyes.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought Argo was a lot of hype. Ben Afflect managed to have lots of shots of Ben Afflect. I think it is an interesting subject and liked the scenes with Goodman & Arkin. I don't get the "poor Ben, didn't get an Oscar nod for director..." Neither did a lot of other directors. I would have preferred to see Life of Pi, Les Miserables or Lincoln win. I believe they were all better films.
I think a lot of nominations and some wins were big misses this year. Poor Hugh Jackman, he really deseverd the Oscar. Daniel Day Lewis was compelling, but I think overall, the character Jackman played was more compelling and difficult to portray.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We watched it on pay-per-view last night. It was entertaining I guess but we both thought it wasn't as good as you'd expect for an Oscar Best Picture award.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 15, 2013 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My biggest issue with Argo was the fact that it wasn't true how they portrayed it.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
We both liked it, but didn't see it as a Best Picture Oscar winner. Then again, I don't think it was a particularly strong field this year. Haven't seen Life of Pi, and am really looking forward to that one. Ang Lee can do no wrong in my book.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
DD talked me out of watching it. She said my time would be better spent doing something else. I bow to her judgement as she knows me very well.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I was hoping this movie was really worthy of an Oscar, but what a disappointment. Such cheaply made movie and why did they have to give Hollywood the merit for that great escape, for once I thought the Canadian Ambassador was the real hero, but here comes Ben Affleck wanting to make me believe otherwise... who knows if that fake movie was really what made the difference, I won't believe it. Kudos to Canada!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Argo is premiering tonight on HBO in about 45 minutes. I am so looking forward to this.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I built this movie up in my mind to be so great, and I was so let down. I was fooled by the hoopla. It was pretty boring.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think that happens often when you see a film late, after it's received so much praise and awards. I saw this film as soon as it was released into the theater and absolutely loved it. My heart was pounding. I thought it was so well done. I think that is part of the downfall of waiting to see a film on home video. For me anyways.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Since I know the story is mostly fictional and never happened, it would take a lot of the suspense out for me. Can't be bothered. Too bad because the truth is always more interesting.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I see lots of films very late, after they have been praised, because I wait for them to come to the cable channels I subscribe to. I have loved many of them. Really, this one was a dud.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: