TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Looper

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Looper users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
huge disappointment. I'm a big sci fi fan and was really excited to see this 'time travel'movie

the imdb rating was over8 so i figured wOW. instead i saw a low budget movie with virtually NO SPECIAL effects, an obvious plot with NO twists and worse, a huge amount of mindless shootem up gun fights.

the end made NO sense and i cant say anymore due to spoilers.

worse still was the kid,he was supposed to be ten and i thought 5 or6 maybe. very strange

anyone seen this yet/? what think you?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I saw it a couple weeks ago with hubby and dd (16 yrs). We all absolutely loved it!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't get anywhere that the kid was supposed to be 10, my take was that he was young but gifted in areas.

And I had no expectation going in that it was going to be high tech. Previews, and I avoided them as much as I could, did not indicate any technology what so ever.

I did like the movie. I'd give it an A+ for originality. It's the kind of movie that has to sit with me for a few hours or days while I mull it over in my mind. That said, I did enjoy the experience of the film. I didn't love it -- I won't add a copy to my home movie collection, but I'm glad I saw it.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
she said he was ten. the Mom?/aunt?

yes i avoided previews too. i remember a car flipping and people floating... but that happened like once??? in the whole movie. like i said, low budget effects.

Let me be clear, i love a great 'thinking' movie. 12 monkeys was watched immediately again because I found it so enthralling, that didnt have special effects but that Plotline was GREAT.
this movie was obvious to me and i kept hoping i was wrong.

i do not want to say anything that spoils anything so I'll finish off with "so, whos Rainman?"

i was left confused.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's just so bizarre to me that they would cast a 5 year old to play 10. I didn't catch his age, but in my mind he was about 5 and just gifted in areas.

As for the Rainmaker, I'm sure you can find many theories and ideas, but this is what I concluded
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Sid was the Rainmaker. In the original timeline he grew up to be evil as a result of both his mother's unfortunate death and seeing his realmom/aunt's death. In the new reality, Joe kills himself so that old Joe can't kill the mom/aunt and thus Sid has a chance to grow up to be someone who does good, rather than evil

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I recommend "Primer" if you're into time shenanigans.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just saw this one. I like time-travel shows/movies, and I have to say that I did like this one, but it could have been better. The "final solution" was disappointing and a total copout by the writers, but the journey to get there was entertaining at times.

For a pretty compelling time-travel flick, I'd recommend 1997's "Retroactive". But truly, time travel is best approached in books, rather than movies.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
8/10

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I liked for the wild theory of these loopers going back in time to kill themselves once their job was done. It was the first time I saw something like that, and obviously my hero Bruce Willis manages somehow to survive that...

Another great move with Bruce Willis going back in time was Surrogates and of course Twelve Monkeys...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: