TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 11, 2012 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Brenda! The previews looked intriguing -

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The Watch.
Wasn't sure if I really wanted to see it. But it turned out to be funnier than I thought. Very much a sci-fi/alien invasion comedy. No nudity but way too much suggetive language. Violence was more comical than gruesome.

If you don't feel comfortable explaining a grocery cart full of batteries to your child...don't take him/her. I figured it out before they opened the door. Had a good laugh with hubby and the friends we were seeing it with.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I went and saw the latest Diary of a Wimpy kid movie with my daycare. I hadn't seen the other ones but I really enjoyed this one. It had a very sweet message and I so love Steve Zahn.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Not new at all...Lars and the Real Girl. I really liked it. It was not what I thought it would be. I thought it was a comedy. It was very touching and nice, and somewhat inspirational.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Lars and the Real Girl was a real surprise for me too. I thought it was very touching. Big thumbs up.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
My Way 9/10.................................. The Raid:Redemption 7.5/10

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Expendables 2 8.00000000000000000001/10

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Re Lars and the Real Girl, my post wasn't very clear. I should have said that before I saw it, I thought I was going to be watching a comedy. While watching, I realized it was not a comedy.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I was not expecting to enjoy The Campaign (not a huge fan of Farrell or Galifianakis version of humor). But I was suprprised. Lots of LOL moments (no, they did NOT do that).

It also made some very poignant observations about the state of politics and the process in today's elections and in Washington.

Good date movie (without being smaltzy chick-flick) as an alternative to the action-adventure stuff.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was curious about that movie Kona. Question-is it just a smear the right wing at all cost type of movie or is it an equal opportunity script that makes fun of both political sides? If its the latter,Id like to see it,altho like you,not a big Ferrell fan.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Considering the incumbent (Farrell) is Democrat and pretty bad politician...

The brothers who are trying to buy the election are obviously a take on the Koch brothers (the $$ behind the Tea Party) who are played a lot like the brothers in Trading Places, and so they find a Republican candidate (Galifianakis).

And both sides do some stupid stunts, commercials, etc.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kona.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The Campaign...VERY funny! Zach G's acting ability in this movie is just great. Funniest character I've seen in a long time.

The movie slows down and is less funny towards the end, but overall, really entertaining. I give it 6.5/10 overall. But for purely entertainment 8/10.

I did not find myself really noticing the politics of it much at all.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Expendables 2 - ZERO out of 10. Probably the worst movie I've ever seen. The acting was horrible, the funny parts weren't funny and these guys are all too old to pull off being tough guys. I was hoping the bad guys would kill them all off. Bruce Willis was the best of the old gang, and that's not saying much.
I realize it's making a ton of money, but I've seen better direct to video movies.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
"Hit and Run"
Fun, indy romp. Warning: Lots of swear words and 2 brief full frontal elderly (both men/women) nudity. Blatent gay references as well. Tom Arnold & Bradley Cooper were funny.
Written & directed by Dax Shepard (the male lead) with his fiance (Kristen Bell) as his co-star.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Saw "Hope Springs" yesterday and enjoyed it. Light, fluffy entertainment which is what I look for. At times the music was so loud that it took my attention from the action - I like my background music to stay in the background! I am a huge Meryl Streep fan -

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oooh sounds right up my alley, TNT. And ITA about movie music!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Saw "the Weird Life of Timothy Green" today - had to get out of the way of my housekeeper - and enjoyed it. The young boy in it did a spectacular job!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
That was a strange movie I thought.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Is Raiders of the Lost Ark a new movie with Harrison Ford or are they just showing the old one?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's the old one.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Thanks Brenda I hate when they do that. That what I thought I have already got my ticket I don't remember the one. They slso being doing that with other movies bring them back.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I kind of like the opportunity to see my favorite films on the big screen again. Watching at home is not at all like watching in a dark theater.

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Me, too! Going to see "The Birds" in a couple weeks.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Appropriate Adult 10/10