TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 30, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 30, 2012 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yea! Movie day, and there is an embarassment of riches out there to choose from!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I saw "Magic Mike' today and thoroughly enjoyed it! What a fun romp!

I have never been to a strip club - but I am young yet LOL! - how do the guys (or gals) get the money on the runway that is not stuck - or doesn't stay stuck - into their g-strings? It seems way un-sexy to be out there picking it up after their act is over!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yes, Tnt, they pick up the bills from the stage at the end of their dance.

Most male 'reviews' here in Las Vegas are choreographed shows, no dollar bills thrown on the stage (Thunder from Down Under, Chippendales).

Strip clubs are where mostly women dance, single dances on poles or private "lap dances". There are a couple that have male dancer sections in separate rooms (Sapphires and Olympic Gardens are ones I know about - haven't been to either). Possible that this movie may inspire them to offer the male dancers more often...but I suspect it will be shortlived demand and go back to usual pretty soon.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I suspect you are right, Kona. I can see a male strip club as a fun night out for a birthday or bachelorette party but not a regular Friday night after work thingy -

How can anybody look sexy picking up money off a stage like litter gathering?!?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed MM,it had a story line,not all dancing. I use to go to LaBare in Ft Worth in the early 80's and I would say it was exactly as it was then.If you are a Joe Mangenello? (Alcide from True Blood) fan,you will be disappointed,he had literally one or two lines and only a few brief shots.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Saw Spiderman today and really enjoyed it! Would say it exceeded my expectations, but I haven't seen the other Spiderman movies to compare it to. This one had lots of action, some humor and even some tear up moments. There was no swearing (that I recall) and though there was some violence it wasn't overly gruesome or graphic.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am on a complete movie binge! I saw "People Like Us" today and enjoyed it. Not a great movie, but not a waste of time either -

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I agree about "People Like Us" Tnt, good movie and I enjoyed it. The kid did a great job but I was distracted trying to think of who the heck he reminded me of. I think I have decided it's Meeno Puluce from the old TV Series "Voyagers" (who doesn't have a son in acting - I checked LOL). Didn't it say at the beginning that it was based/inspired by a true story? Can't find anything online so maybe I got that wrong.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
"People" certain had the best language of my last three movies! I thought it was a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.

Sorry, I don'tremember the "true story" part, and I was there well before the previews started -

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I saw "Safety Not Guaranteed" last night. Very quirky independent film (which I normally don't go for) that was quite funny. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was on 90 minutes long!

Glenn

07-05-2003

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
People like us did say it was based/inspired by a true story. You never know just what parts of the true story was used.

I enjoyed the movie and choose to think that the ending was a key part of the true story being used.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
LOL! I must have been having a senior blond moment when th true story part was revealed! Thanks, Glenn, for clearing that up -

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
You never know just what parts of the true story was used.
Yah, that's why I was trying to find it online.. to separate fact from fiction. Thanks for letting me know I wasn't hallucinating. :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Amazing Spider-Man 8.88/10

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Sherlock Holmes:Game of Shadows 8.99/10

Alexander(2004) 0/10

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
anyone seen Savages?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Saw Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection today! Very funny! Not recommended for anyone unfamiliar with "Afro-speak," however, as parts of the dialogue are very rapid.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL I love that you are familiar with afro speak...love you my sexy redhead!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Don't know if anyone is interested but I finally found the information re: People Like Us. To say it's based on actual events is a bit of a stretch. Writer/director Alex Kurtzman's father had a long term affair which resulted in 2 children. Alex always knew about them but they didn't meet until they were adults and his sister tracked him down at a party. The end. LOL Not really worth all the time spent googling. :-)

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
{{{Pamyluv!}}} My AA friends use the exact same vocabulary, speech patterns, and pronunciation talking to me that they use talking with their own families. Hence, I am very familiar with Afro-speak!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
(((sexyTNT)))

I saw savages and it was really good.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Mirror Mirror 8.01/10

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
The Awakening

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1687901/

In 1921, England is overwhelmed by the loss and grief of World War I. Hoax exposer Florence Cathcart visits a boarding school to explain sightings of a child ghost. Everything she believes unravels as the 'missing' begin to show themselves

okay i like a good thriller. if you like gorefests, this isnt the movie for you.

Period piece done by UK, great locations, great costumes and best of all, EXCellent acting and twists.

i'll say no more, but i found it well done

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Has anyone see "Step Up Revolution," "To Rome with Love," and/or "Moonrise Kingdom?"

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thumbs up for Moonrise Kingdom. Thought I had come to TVClubhouse and mentioned it, just not sure where. It's charming and quirky. I really enjoyed it.