TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Total Recall

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Total Recall users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Let's start over and this time I will try to be nice. LOL Didn't like it. Hard to say if it was because of the original or not but I do agree with the reviewers who said it lacked Arnold's charm. A LOT was changed but mostly nonsensical, can't expand without spoiling. Just don't think the story they came up with was very well thought out. One very minor example that isn't spoiling (because they say it as the film opens, even before credits) is that there are only two populated countries left on earth... Britain and Australia. So why do they make a point of showing that the money has a picture of Pres. Obama? Also, the chases got old really fast. We have chases on foot, chases over tall buildings, chases in cars. After about 20 minutes my dd turned to me and said she was getting really sick of the chases and I had been thinking that it was her type of movie and I was just there for the popcorn. LOL When I asked hubby afterwards he felt the same, not even the standard action-flick-its-just-fun.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I wasn't going to see it, it look boring and it didn't make any sense in the previews anyone can tell if you want to see a movie if the movie looks good or not.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I am with you Rissa. Also if it is UK and Australia. How come everyone had
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
an American accent. We thought maybe the US took over the world. That explains the money

the part that bothered me was
Spoiler
the three breasted woman. In the first film she was from Mars. Why did she have three breasts this time?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Pippin, the short answer is:
Spoiler
because of the chemical pollution, but of course the next question is.. why does she seem to be the only one affected?
The more accurate answer is pandering to the audience of the original and perhaps trying to convince us that they had actually SEEN the original. {sigh}LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A totally unnecessary remake. The only good thing about it is it makes me want to see the original again.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
not surprised, havent seen it yet and usually i boycott remakes of classic shows.

i think i'll hold my nose and pretend its a completely new movie and Try Not to compare anything to the original.

my issue with so many movies is that they are full of fakedy fake explosions and other CGI stuff,NONE which looks the least bit real.

we can forgive stuff like the Cab Chase scene from Fifth Element because it was done like a decade ago. But when the same schmaltzie CGI is used in a high budget thriller now, i get PO'd.

that was my issue with Prometheous. I'm a avid watcher of STNG, TOS, Sg1 and SGA. Almost every concept and special effect in Prometheous had already been done to death on SG1 SgA a decade ago.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I tend to forgive bad CGI if there is a good story and forgive a bad story if the CGI blows me away. It's when they bill themselves as just a fun action flick with no excuses for storyline and then the CGI is horrible as well that I get ticked. With this one the CGI was pretty good, nothing special but it does the job.

Pippin, was thinking about it and
Spoiler
Just to be clear... the mutants from the first movie were not Martians, they were humans who had been affected by the polution/radiation in the mines. So in that respect the sequel had the same rationale for the 3 breasted woman but it was totally gratuitous that they chose her to be the only mutant (on the whole planet apparently LOL)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: