TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Dark Knight Rises

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: The Dark Knight Rises users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
One reviewer said it had the best conclusion of a film since Shawshank Redemption. Another compared it favorably with The Godfather II.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
can't wait I am on vacation when starts

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 2:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
10 dead in Colorado

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Now it's up to 14 dead, 50 injured. Suspect in custody and his apartment building has been evacuated while police search it. 24 year old male. He entered the theater through a side door dressed all in black with a face mask on. Opened fire during a gun scene in the movie. Survivors saying at first they thought the gun sounds were part of the movie and didn't realize what was happening. Horrible.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 3:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
What a terrible thing to happen.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I just saw this news story. How awful. I feel so sad about this.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
It's horrible what happened in the theater and it seems there were some problems before it even opened. I came across this and it's very odd it happened right before the shooting.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-rotten-tomatoes-shuts-down-batman-comments-after-death-threats-20120718,0,2005167.story

Sorry for long addy; can't get \newurl to work anymore.

It's doubly sad that the people thought the gunfire was part of the movie, so they didn't even know what was going on. Where are you safe anymore?

The suspect identified as James Holmes. His apartment is boobytrapped. Suspect was armed with a semi-automatic; a shotgun and two handguns.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Now we have 2 parents looking for missing children. One is 27 years old, today is his birthday. One is 17, and his mother is sure he was at the movie.

The shooter was essentially in riot gear - gas mask, kevlar vest, ammunition belt. He threw the tear gas, and then shot at the ceiling before turning on the crowd.

Some of the wounded are military from the nearby Buckley Air Force base.

His apartment is heavily boobytrapped. He apparently wasn't planning on going back there.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
12 killed, 38 wounded (official count this morning).
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

News conference pending at 11a Pacific (12 noon Colorado time).

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Probably not the right place for this but one of the victims was actually at the Eaton Centre shooting in Toronto a couple weeks back. Aspiring Sports Reporter feared dead.

In June, Ghawi had been visiting her boyfriend, a minor league hockey player, in Toronto when they narrowly escaped a deadly shooting in the city's main downtown mall.

"I can't get this odd feeling out of my chest," she wrote in a blog posted on June 5. "This empty, almost sickening feeling won't go away. I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm's way. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting."

So tragic.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
It is awful, I just want to say one thing about it who would have a infant at a midnight showing of of The Dark Knight, that is a little late for infant to be out. I feel bad for the parents. I saw the Dark Knight, in my mall they had a lot more mall security but they didn't go in to the theaters which didn't make sense to me.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Can we talk about the movie in here (and the tragedy in the news threads?)

konashark & I went to the marathon show last night. Seeing Batman Begins for the first time since the year it came out, as well as Dark Knight (it's been 8 years) was great. Made for a long night (knight) but when seeing the little continuity in Dark Knight Rises calling back to the first two, made it worth it. Fun hearing reactions of (believe it or not) FIRST timers (Harvey Dent's face was a shocker to the woman sitting behind me).

The first act was a little slow paced. Very much like Anne Hathaway's character - well done (writing, casting, etc). The audience responded well. Bane was a worthy villain. Still not sure why his thugs blindly followed him - what did he offer? Maybe that's more clear in the comics.
I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

In the end, there was good closure for this trilogy and Nolan is ready to move on to The Man of Steel franchise.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I thought Dark knight came out in 2008. I didn't care for the "reveal", **** is older than ******* **** Gimme a break

Joseph Levitt was good. Anne Hathaway was mostly just there imo. Joker>Bane (imo)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
In the mythos it's been 8 years since the Joker was captured. (Sorry).
Ketch, I don't understand your concern.... sometimes people age well (or not so well).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
They looked about the same age to me.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
One negative - Had a hard time watching the stock market scene after what had happened in Colorado.

That aside, the movie drew me in and didn't feel like 3 hours at all. I agree that it's slow to start but the 2nd half is very good.

Loved Joseph Gordon Levitt. Thought Anne Hathaway was very good as Catwoman. Christian Bale's low-key portrayal this time around perfectly fit the ending.

Loved the ending.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize they had a 4 yr. old with them too that is a little young to be out too late, he should have been in bed that was a 3 hour movie I am sure he would have been cranky in the movie and everyone knows how kids can get.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Regarding small children in a theater watching movies, especially action ones: I can't imagine the damage the loud sounds are doing to precious baby ears. The little ones should not be allowed in on grounds of child abuse to their well-being...hearingwise. I always use earplugs in a theater because of sensitive hearing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
One negative - Had a hard time watching the stock market scene after what had happened in Colorado.

Kappy, I felt exactly the same way. It was very disturbing. Took my nearly-12 year old, cause he wanted to see it. I was bored to death and kept looking at the time. Didn't feel like 3 hours to me. Felt like 5.

It was way too long and incredibly violent. I hate how they always make the police look like such bumbling idiots that the superhero has to save them. It's insulting to our public servants who put their lives on the line for us every day. Maybe this is just not my cup of tea, but my son didn't really care for it either. He was picking out inconsistencies and things that were just stupid. I've trained him well!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought the middle was too long. I enjoyed the beginning and the end. I always think Christian Bale's performances are good. I just did not like some of the material. Funny, I enjoyed him more as Bruce Wayne than THE Batman. IMO Joseph Gordon Levitt was absolutely wonderful. I was interested every single time he was on the screen and loved his portion of the ending... Perfect to me. There was not enough Morgan Freeman.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: