TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Snow White And The Huntsman

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Snow White And The Huntsman users admin

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Didn't see a folder for this, so I started one. Went to see this with friends yesterday. Over-all, pretty good, but the lead was the weakest part.
Charlize Theron stole this movie! The character and the way she portrayed her, were both superb. On the other hand, Kristen Stewart was in no way the fairest in the land. We all agreed that her expressions run the gamut of various degrees of constipation.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Best part was the evil Queen, and her costumes.
Special effects to take advantage of the 3D (we saw it in 2D).
Weak story, end dragggggeeeeddddddd.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I kept being told that I can't judge Kristen Stewart from the Twilight movies. That those movies were such crap that no actor could elevate them and that Stewart was good in other projects. But I so agree with you Darrellh! Constipated is the perfect word for her every expression in this film. The extent of her ability to act intense is to heave her chest and breathe heavy. Was disapointed in her, went in expecting more. Theron was great, 7 dwarfs were either hot or cold. I read somewhere that this was supposed to be the first of a trilogy but the bombing of John Carter and the other Snow White movie (the one with Julia Roberts) scared the studio and now its on hold. I suppose that might explain why a lot of the storylines ended with a whimper and not a bang.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Darrell and Rissa! Constipation is the word I have been looking for ever since I first saw Kristen Stewart in a movie. What a perfect word to describe her facial expressions!

I grew to accept her in the Twilight series even though I couldn't understand why so many were enthralled with her but now I just think she is beyond over-rated. Put her next to Charlize Theron and boy does it show!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't really think any of the acting was worth mentioning in Snow White. Kristen had little to do and Charlize just screamed most of her lines. Sometimes being quiet can seem more evil than screaming every line. I did enjoy the movie a lot, but not for the acting.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, September 17, 2012 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
its visually beautiful tho. great CGi

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne, I agree I was struck by the visuals. Got this movie by mistake when trying to rent Dark Shadows. It was weird and weirdly interesting to a point, but basically I just thought the visuals were compelling. I kind of checked out before the dwarfs showed up, although I woke up long enough to wonder whether there's some rule that says dwarfs are required to have big noses.

We'd seen Avengers a couple of days before this, and had a few cackles over Thor and The Arrow re-appearing in a second movie that week. Other than that, I got nothing. Don't really recommend unless you're a student of cinematography.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: