TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Dark Shadows

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Dark Shadows users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Posted in the 'recommendations' thread that I can't say I really recommend this film. I'm sure Depp and Burton fans, like myself, will see it anyway, because they always bring an originality to the screen. But I didn't love the film. It seemed to be lacking a lot. I think Ebert said it lacked story. I saw missed opportunities (with the teen daughter).

I'm glad I didn't take DD because the blood and bit of scary stuff would not have been her cup of tea.

While I was watching one of the main characters was so familiar to me and the movie that popped into my head was Bad News Bears, the original. Now I just watched that film a week ago! Well, it bugged me the entire film -- where did I know that guy from, it just can't be Bad News Bears. Well it was! :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
You may enjoy researching the original series.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed, as I expected to be after seeing the trailers.
I'm not a Depp/Burton fan, but am a diehard Dark Shadows fan. Other than the names of the characters and the setting at Collinwood this film did no justice to the original series. It was also slow moving, and as Brenda said, lacked story.
That said, Depp did a pretty good job playing the vampire character, despite the lack of resemblence to the original Barnabas Collins. Once I let go of the the Dark Shadows aspect and just viewed it as a campy comedy/horror vampire movie it was more enjoyable. My husband, who is not a DS fan, enjoyed it more than I did.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Great Movie, I never even watch the show Dark Shadow, could follow. I thought it was going to be lame but it wasn't. Alot of good movies coming out this summer naturally.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i enjoyed it. dont understand why it was rated r though

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's PG-13.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hmmmm the previews said r, so i assumed thats cuz the movie was too. ty brenda

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I dislike when they show R rated movie previews at PG13 shows. Some of the previews nearly send DD under her chair. I have to tell her to close her eyes and plug her ears!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
did you all have that movie prop in your theater? me and my bff had fun taking pics in the chair

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Pamydoll that looks like so much fun!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I took a picture of me caressing Barnabas Collins' face. I just had to.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They didn't have this at my theater. :-(

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just saw it on Blu-Ray. I was very young when the series played, but I remember it a little.

This movie made me smile. I liked it for what it was and didn't try to think too much. I knew die-hard fans would have complaints, and that goes with it, I guess. I thought Depp was awesome..

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
We watched it last night and liked it (not loved, but liked). We were afraid it was going to go too far into Tim Burton camp, but it never did. It's worth a Redbox rental. (It's weird hearing Helena Bonham Carter with an American accent. She does it well.)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
9/10

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched this yesterday. Enjoyed it for what it was. I did see a little of the original series when I was a kid. I don't remember it very well. It was my sister's favorite back then. Going to talk to her about it later. I'm interested what her take on it was.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: