TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
21 jump street

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: 21 jump street users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
ya many of us remember the tv series with johnny dep. this is a comedy which takes the whole schtick to a different level.

I thought many parts were hilarious. there was some MILD off colour jokes but most was pretty PG13. it was a cheezy teen-type comedy.

i dont really like Channing tatum ?? but the chemistry worked between the two main characters.

at least i thought it was silly but worked

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I also liked this it was funny. I remember the show. My daughter also liked it and she never saw the show. So it was good for everyone. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought it was appalling...how many ways can you use bad language and make really bad sexual innuendos? I thought it was just going to be a light funny movie and I was very disappointed. They could have left out a lot of the language and talk about a woman's rear end and it would have been a much better movie. Definitely not recommended for the younger teen set.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i dont remember any talk about anyone's rear end. The only mildly offcolour situation i recall is when the 1% leader was being talked to then arrested.

i dont remember any nudity of any kind.

interesting how so many are ok with kids killiing kids, blood guts and murder graphic in hunger games- people posted that was ok even for preteens.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Watched it last night and thought it was hilarious! I never got Channing Tatum until watching him in this. I guess I have a very lowbrow sense of humor.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it too. The leads had good chemistry and the cameos from the original cast were fun. I loved Johnny Depp's and Peter DeLuise's spot. I found it to be a good escapist "popcorn" movie.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
I liked it. I can only assume there will be a sequel and I look forward to it. It was a fun movie. There was a lot of language, and the nudity was at the party when he opened he bedroom door- it was about 1 or 2 seconds long.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, September 17, 2012 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
OMG apologies to all. I saw a version of this movie yesterday that had additional scenes and Different cuts of a few segments.

There WAS SOME dirty pervie semi naked stuff.

Apologies to anyone who read my first post and thought this movie was 'clean'

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see this in the theater?

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I'm wondering if you recognized DeLuise in the background of those shots? I think Depp was in enough disguise that he wouldn't have been recognizable, but I think I would have recognized DeLuise if I hadn't been watching on a small TV.

The lead student -- I just knew he had to be James Franco's brother. They have similar mannerisms and look alike.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
from IMDB
Dave Franco ... Eric Molson

"In one scene the bad guys are actually watching the TV series 21 Jump Street on TV. While other original cast members show up in cameos in the film, Dustin Nguyen (Officer Harry Truman Ioki) does not. But he is worked into the film here as almost all the shots on the TV are of Ioki."

"Footage of Dustin Nguyen from the original show are shown on television screens during the shootout at the prom. Whenever Nguyen is shown, a TV screen gets shot."

"Hanson (Johnny Depp) is seen in disguise as a biker eating a jar of peanut butter, based on a suggestion by Depp during his last season on the show. Penhall (Peter DeLuise), was also seen in disguise as a biker based on one of the character's attires in the original series. The disguised characters were written specifically for Depp and DeLuise by Jonah Hill."

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I saw Ioki on the TV. Nice that they got him into the movie somehow. I'm just wondering if people who saw it in the theater noticed the other cameos before the reveal of them.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: