TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 06, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 06, 2012 users admin

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Is Rotten Tomatoes updated movie, I thought it was done in the 80, I don't they hype for the hunger games I am not going to see that movie

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It would be fun for us all to go together!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Me and sister are taking the girls to see it. Do you think 9 and 10 is too young?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think (as usual) that depends on the kids. The story premise means that a lot of young people die and it gets pretty emotional at points. My 12 year old DD is reading the books and she can't wait to see it. I'm sure my 10 year old would be fine with it as well.

I don't know about 9.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
after reading the books, i think that 9 and 10 is too young. the premise is that there are 24 young people (1 boy and 1 girl from each of the 12 districts) and only one comes out alive. they have to kill each other. that can be a bit much to take.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'll be interested to hear the reviews. I'll admit the premise is very off putting. Neither I or DD have read the books.

I remember as a kid Logan's Run was one of my favorite movies. I can't remember how old you were when you were supposed to give up your life and be vaporized, but they were at least adults, not kids.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was (as I'm sure most of you know) reluctant to read the book, but they are so well-written and so absorbing that I managed to get through all three of them in about a week. They are that good. You can't put them down once you start reading them.

I agree that it depends on the individual child - what their tastes are and what kind of movies they have seen in the past. I really never edited my daughter's movies when she was younger so she had seen many movies that I probably shouldn't have let her see by the time she was old enough to even think about seeing them, but probably nothing as graphic as Hunger Games (most of the movies I watched tended to be of the romantic comedy genre - but even those could have pretty graphic language and sexual stuff in them). She just now has started to watch stuff that has a more gritty feel. But she does want to see Hunger Games.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Weren't they 30 in Logan's Run? (Remember "Never trust anyone over 30!")

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Hunger Games is being shown 8 times on Friday here!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I find the concept very off-putting - "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" made my violence quotient for the next five years at least - only saw that because it was my book club selection, and I KNEW I didn't want to read it!

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
I agree with Landileigh. :-)

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I have a 9 year old daughter and I won't let her read the series yet. My 11 year old son read them last summer, he was s little tweaked by them, but he is a little immature. He is excited to see the movie though.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Raid:Redemption

"The best action movie in decades"

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I just saw "October Baby" - a really intense experience! I thought it was a good story, and, if you go, be SURE to stay through the credits as there is a backstory with one of the cast members!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
J.Edgar 7.8/10

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Mirror Mirror, very good movie I am buying the DVD

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I went today to see "Friends With Kids" as a pick-me-up after the seriousness of yesterday's show. Lots of good laughs -

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night I watched one of the strangest foreign films ever. And I totally recommend it for anybody that enjoys quirky mixed with light horror. It's a film from Belgium called "Vampires", released in 2010. It's a mockumentary. A film crew follows the lives of vampires over several months. The humor in it is so dry at times that I think some may not find it funny. The horror aspect is very light. I really enjoyed it. Of course it's subtitled.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Mirror was cute. I coulda waited til for the dvd. Seeing the costumes and production of this movie really makes me appreciate a little tv show called Once upon time. The costumes in this movie didnt impress me as much as the tv show

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I went and saw "21 Jump Street." I am glad I went and saw it at a matinee because I would have been really upset if I had paid full price. Too much unnecessary foul language, every bad reference to oral sex you can imagine (is that really what men think about ALL the time?) - I wanted to like it because I love Channing Tatum but I was disappointed in this movie...although I did like the cameos from the old cast.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Immortals 8.2/10

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Warrior 9.99/10

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
War Horse 9.99/10

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I usually love period pieces so I watched War Horse, but if you dont like sad situations involving animals, dont watch.I kept FF thru the bad parts which was more than half the movie.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Martha Marcy May Marlene 7.99/10

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy 8.01/10