TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 09, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 09, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It has certainly attracted my interest but I don't go to many movies in the theater.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Or is it Extremely Loud and Very Close...now I can't remember...YIKES.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. :-)

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking about going to see this too. Something about the previews and storyline grabbed me. Which is Extremely Rare and Incredibly Far-between for a big movie release. :-)

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Just saw The Artist. Delightful. Shot in black & white & mostly silent. Not only the leads, but the dog deserves an Oscar.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
"Red Tails" was excellent!!!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.... stunk. Dont understand how it got 8.2 on IMDB

wooden stilted acting, took an hour to even develop a loose plot and worse, I love uk mysteries so had the entire show figured out and who 'did it' before the first half hour.

spent most of the movie hoping i was wrong and it was an active 'misleading'. I've watched movies like that before. where they kinda falsely suggest whom did it, then twist it at the end.

Presumptuous, gratuitously sexual and i would imagine that the book and the movie must have been very different.,

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
I have read all 3 books of The Girl . . . I loved the movie. The movie follows the book very close.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
After reading "The Gray" thread, it makes me really want to go see it. I won't go back into the thread because I don't want to be spoiled.

So I wanted to ask my question here: Is it absolutely terrifying? (I want to see it, but I'm afraid to see it.)

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I also read all three books of the Dragon Tattoo series. I enjoyed the movie. The book was so involved I was concerned how they could put it into a 2 hour movie.

They "pared down" a lot but still kept close to the novel.

I've also seen the "Swedish movies" of the books and they were good too! I was concerned about how "Hollywood" would do. I thought they did a good job.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Saw "Killer Elite" this weekend...9.5/10...the best action/suspense/spy type movie I've seen in a long time. The lead 3 actors were awesome. Supposedly based on a true story, I highly recommend this to anyone who is of age.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
so as i said in another area, a person had to have read the book to think the movie was any good.

i seriously thought it sucked and was too easy to figure out. too formula and too corny

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Not necessarily, Sunshyne

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Final Destination 5 7.9/10

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
The friend I went to see "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" with did not read the book. She liked the movie.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen "One for the Money?"

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Yes TNT. I took my 16 yr old dd last week. Not great but entertaining enough. Was as good as advertised and expected.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Well, the books are hardly great literature, but I enjoy the quircky characters!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Saw The Artist over the weekend. I got kind of bored with it, but can see why it is Oscar bait.

LOVED the dog!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
an older movie but One i've never heard of before and it was GOOD imho.

Everything is Illuminated

the deranged dog Sammy Davis jr jr cracked me up but i loved the feel of the whole movie

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I hope the casting is "right" for "One for the Money!" I so hate it when the characters don't look like I have "seen" them in my mind!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Anonymous. 8/10

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
What about Star Wars is that a remake?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One For the Money - just saw it today at the matinee and loved it!! I thought the casting worked out great, most of them were just fine, but I always had Danny Devito in mind for Vinnie, LOL. I don't know why but I did.

Was surprised that I bought into KH as Stephanie but she did a good job. Thought the chemistry with her and Morelli was excellent. I think I thought Ranger was taller but he worked out fine as well.

Oh and Sherri Sheppard did a good job as well, I would have like a little more attitude, but maybe in the next movie.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Dipo - You give me hope that the casting is "right!"