TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 14, 2012 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There have been a million commercials about it this past couple day on ABC, and there is a lengthy synopsis in the comcast guide. I truly don't think the absence of a synopsis in the TiVo guide means a thing except that the service getting worse. I still have a TiVo on the upstairs TV.

I'm going to watch it just because I enjoy watching the President and Mrs. in interviews together. They are a wonderful couple.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BTW, and thank goodness, we have two weeks of reruns starting Monday. I need a break from the train wreck :-)

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Barbara may be past her day but I still give her a lot of slack. I can clearly remember her on TV cohosting the Carter Innaugural with harry Reasoner and the guy was a total jerk to her, constantly belittling and insulting her on air. She kept her cool, showed a lot of class. All these women in front of the cameras, owe where they are to Barbara, She got pretty bruised up sticking up for her rights.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Awww, it was a wonderful interview The President and The First Lady had with BW. (and Bo)

The question about lying was a silly little part. He answered like any of us would. Such as when commenting when someone's dress looks lovely when it doesn't.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 27, 2012 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I felt a bit, for lack of a better word, "happy" when EH admitted today that there were times she didn't want to come back to work after things that have happened on the show concerning herself. She actually said they are the things that you can find on youtube. Also, the way she, BW and Bill talked today, it definitely seemed like there were days she was out of control, and they did not like it at all. So it's not just us Democrats out here who thought she went overboard with her crap.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 27, 2012 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Btw, I am pretty sure the last Bill Maher incident was the first thing that came to everyone's mind...LOL

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I havent watched in awhile but tuned in today to see the woman who wrote the latest Kennedy book about her affair with JFK. Wow did Barbara and Joy make it clear they dont approve of her writing this book! They were very vocal about it!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I did not watch it, but why would Barbara disagree after the book that she wrote...."you know,her tell all book"?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BW really was rude with how many times she said "I'm sure you'll make a lot of money". But the Author kept her cool and she seemed like a nice person.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The author of the book hasnt run into much doubt or dis belief about her story. I guess a lot of people knew about Kennedy and kept quiet about it for decades! Imagine anyone doing that for a politician these days???

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
(I watched Ann Curry of the Today Show interview that author. She said quite a few times "if it is true". I found the author to be believable.)

BW is acting like such a hypocrite. She did the same thing with her book, admitting an affair with a married man, a senator.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I will remain on this thread only long enough to voice my opinion that I hate this show and can't stand anyone on it except Elizabeth and Barbara and sometimes find them hard to take as well. Whoopi, Joy and that other motormouth are TV torture. If that does not sit well with the rest of you, I don't really care. Just voicing my right to an opinion. Yes, I can change the channel, and believe me I do.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I found this story in an English newspaper about Mimi Alford and about halfway thru, they describe her appearance on The View "which sees five women pitted against one interviewee" and mentioned that Barbara Walters 'harangued' her for making money from the Kennedy name.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9079446/Mimi-Alford-tells-of-her-secret-affair-with-JFK.html

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
I was once a fan of The View, up until Elizabeth became the punching bag for Whoopie and especially Joy. It wouldn't have been so bad if Elizabeth would have been allowed to retaliate, but it has become clear that she has been given an ultimatum where by she is not permitted to retaliate in kind, she must simply back down, and this has led to the View becoming the Whoopie Show, and so I seldom watch it unless a guest is on that I particularly want to see. I really don't care who disagrees with me... as this forum is all about stating our opinions.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching it for the same reason. It seems to be 3 against one and every time EH tries to prove something or defend herself,Barbara cuts her off.I dont know why EH puts up with how un even and un fair it is,but I guess I would too if I got paid what she gets paid.
I watched it yesterday to see what theyd say about Whitney and I believe Barabra spouted off tabloid details about Whitneys death before they are proven. I think Whoopie tried to stop her but it fell on deaf ears.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Lake, I caught that too. About Barbara stating it was drugs and Whoppie trying to say that had not been proven, and Barbara said, Whoppie, it was drugs. The toxicology report has not been released nor completed. I thought it was a huge blunder on Barbara's part yet everyone must back off correcting her.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Maybe EH puts up with it because she wants / needs the work, but isn't getting any other offers. If so, why would that be? Hmmmmm.

I caught that too about BW. Time now for you to go, BW.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Oh my, heaven forbid King Kennedy's name is smeared in the mud. The ultra liberal Joy would never go for that. I for one, think that the only reason Kennedy is revered, is because he died young. If he had lived out his presidency, I believe he would have been known as one of the worst presidents in history.
So, I agree, about Joy and Whoopie and Sherry as well.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm back because I tuned in to see Mimi Alford, thinking that Barbara might take her side having written her own tell all book about an affair with her married man. I couldn't believe the hypocracy! Barbara should have taken her story to the grave with her too. Instead, a rich old woman became richer by writting a book that had to be humiliating to Edward Brooke's family, then tries to shame another woman for doing it. Again, TV torture! These women, minus Elizabeth, make me want to vomit.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I think EH behaves like a child, I wouldn't be surprised if she held her breath and stomped her feet. She has yet to have a conversation that includes listening to others, BW tends to explain things to her these days, bc she goes off into left field, leaves the field, then heads down a crossroad and no one knows where she's going. I don't dislike EH, but to me she's out of touch with how things are for people not in her income bracket, it's sad that she chooses ranting as a means to communicate, not to mention following along like a sheep to her political party, she says the same things they do, same hot words, nothing on her own. I don't listen to her much at this point, it's always the same.

I got the same impression about BW during the View's interview with that women about Kennedy, BW made no sense to me, if it's true, then that woman has a right to express her story, not when BW thinks she should, but when she feels she is ready. I don't know if it's true or not, in part or in full, I do know something happened. And I get that BW would be upset about Monica Lewinsky, I don't like what people have done to her either, she was a young naive person, but this women in the interview is not responsible for that. People like Joy, who I like, are the ones who perpetuated what Monica L has gone through, not this other woman.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
.I can't stand joy she can be a bit radical sometimes. I do like Whoopie shes more reasonable and not lock step with the far left I could
Have said your first paragraph about joy too. She's lock step
With all those Huffpo Koz etc talking points.
I'd probably act lime EH too if no one let me
Finish a sentence and I was Ganged up on every morning

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I think Joy says what's on her mind, not what's on other people's minds. She has said things that are out there, but she says it about everyone. Joy has never seemed like a follower to me, she stands on her own and takes the hits if she has gone too far. I liked her show on CNN, I wish it didn't get cancelled.

I really like Whoopi, she's the main reason I watch when I do. Sherri sometimes gets on my nerves, but today she was so cute when her new hubby serenaded her, that was so sweet. It was hilarious, she looked like she was going to have issues with Whoopi for a second there, lol.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There is very little balance to the panel. EH is the token conservative and not remotely intellectually strong enough to have any other impact other than looking frustrated, futile and foolish. Whoopie does offer some tiny balance and perspective.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Well, what the heck do we expect from a 'show' that is run by a liberal? they aren't going to put someone on their to challenge their propaganda. They are going to put someone on there that makes all conservatives look stupid, shut down, frustrated, etc. Does no one else see this? It's an insult to anyone's intelligence to watch this drabble, IMO.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, I've watched Fox News and come away with the same perspective - that conservative commentators are often shallow, frustrated, mean and don't have a deep understanding of the issues. :-)