TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 10, 2012 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the laugh at the 5 gal pail of eye liner.

The rest of it is too complicated for me except you make sense about the dorm room. I would think an older woman would really have stood out.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm going under the assumption is a young woman who would fit in well on a college campus. And yes, black nails are in and I LOVE them. And I barely wear eyeliner. LOL.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When I saw that this computer hacker said her name was "Root", the first thing I thought of was "root directory", a computer term:

root directory
noun Computing
the directory at the highest level of a hierarchy.

(From New Oxford American Dictionary)

-----------------------
I think she and Finch were both involved in the creation of "the machine" and also the subsequent conspiracy. Finch uses the machine for good but Root uses it for evil (or profit, or both). If they are both using the same "machine" they are pretty evenly matched,

The look on Finch's face when she said he was worthy opponent, looked a little like affection to me...he's met his match and he realizes they're a lot alike.

"One other thing puzzling me is in the last scene where Root closes her laptop and wipes her hand across the top of it as if removing any dust it almost looked as if she was caressing her laptop. "

I took that as a caress directed towards Finch!....like when a school girl kisses an envelope containing a loving letter that she's mailing to her boyfriend or a loved one.

I definitely think it's a she and that she is someone from Finch's past but Finch has no idea.....yet.

Did Finch ever have a daughter?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Interesting.....according to imdb.com, "Root" was played by Rachel Miner. (She also played Meg on Supernatural!)

She's a pretty girl.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001540/

and

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2181307/combined

--------

Of course, this might be like American Horror Story. The man credited with playing the Rubber Man for his first appearance in that series wound up never being in the series at all....except for that one scene, which wound up on the cutting room floor!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Also "root" is used to refer to the person with all the privileges to alter anything on a system. Don't know what you call it these days, maybe superuser?

She is young. I got the impression that she did things that might have put Finch in danger, which might rule out a daughter, or at least a loving one. If they played it well though, it could have been that Finch was always safe if you looked carefully enough.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten that everyone is not a computer geek. Root is certainly a computer term. And her caressing the computer -- nothing wrong with that! Computer geeks love their computers, just like football fans love their TV's. :-)

I thinking she's not related or from his past, just some super hacker we'll likely see again. But who knows.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have my nails done every two week and have them cut down to a "working" length because they grow so fast. When you type as much as I do, it is difficult to type with long nails - and it is even harder to type correctly on a laptop with long nails. Long nails are soooooooo out of style.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I get my nails done also, and for the same reason as Lexie, have them fairly short, so I can type. I know some women type with the nails themselves, but that never worked for me. Although I don't do black polish--that's definitely a 'youthful' look. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can type with long nails and it's a pity that they are not in style because my nails grow SO fast -- it is much easier for me to keep them long than short. Keeping them short requires much more work. *sigh*. And I do like the black polish -- trying to recapture my youth. LOL. Although I read it's out of style and 'black cherry' red is now in style.

Either way I hope, and expect, we'll see Root again soon.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I LOVE the Black Cherry red!!!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I don't watch this show, but saw a commercial for it on Sunday night. If my eyes weren't deceiving me I think I saw Astro (the kid from the X Factor) in it. Gack!!! Glad I don't watch this show cuz I don't ever want to see that arrogant little kid again.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Rvon, he played a very small part, the son of the police detective. Doubtful that he'll have a recurring role.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Doesn't he have a large role in the upcoming epi? Is he the kid that 'hires' John Reese?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yup, he has a big part on this Thursday:

You might remember him from The X Factor, but 15-year-old rapper Astro (right) will soon be famous for plotting a murder — on CBS' Person of Interest. On Feb. 9, he'll play a boy who wants to avenge his brother's death, but Reese (Jim Caviezel, left) persuades him to back off. Astro says Caviezel taught him the key to acting. ''You gotta drop and do 50 push-ups just to have people say, 'He's crazy,' '' Astro explains. ''Then you got nothing to be embarrassed about.'' Now he says he's ready for any role. ''I want to do a movie with Spike Lee.'' —Melissa Maerz

http://tinyurl.com/473t9xo

Link is to short blurb by EW.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Thanks for setting me straight Karuuna. I was hoping that it would work out for Rvon to be able to watch the show but I guess not. I love the show so I'll watch anyway. Rvon, maybe after 2/9 he will not be on again and you can watch ...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think it's probably just one show where Astro is the 'number'. I don't expect he'll have more than cameos in other shows.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Ok, Jenjackso, maybe I'll give this show a try.....after February 9th.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Well, now I'm sick to my stomach. I just saw previews that "Astro, the rap star" will be on the next show. He is the one that many did NOT like on X Factor. Now he's a "rap star"?????? He's only 14. I know I won't be watching!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, I love this show and I have no clue who Astro is so I'm excited for a new episode tonight !!!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I hear you. The show is good. However, Astro (on X-Factor) was full of bad attitude and very difficult to listen to. He does not know what the meaning of "humble" means. I think people reacted negatively to his attitude and bad manners more than anything. I hate the idea of him getting extra exposure. So, just blink when the kid is on and you should be o.k.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching also. Didn't see Astro on X Factor, don't care. Besides he won't be 'himself', he will be acting the role of a juvenile who wants to avenge his brother's death.

I watch a lot of shows with actors whom I don't like in real life.

He will be a big part of the show, since he is the 'number.' So if you are planning on blinking, you may want a blindfold... LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I trust the casting people. I have no idea who he is and don't care if he's a brat offscreen. Bring it on! :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Wow, I was wondering who that kid was and knew I had seen him somewhere before. He wasn't much of an actor. And I don't regularly watch either Fear Factor OR Person of Interest. Huh! Tonight was only my second episode of this show. It was okay, I guess.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought he did okay as an actor. I found his facial expressions distracting -- like Courtney on Bachelor! I liked some of the interaction between the boy and Reese, but overall I'd say it was an average episode.

I wonder what's up with the lady that lives in the no cell phone zone? Why'd she look so freaked out at the mention of Harold's name??

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He wasn't such a great actor, but I liked the episode.

I don't know who the woman was either... she wasn't the govt' person who helped negotiate the $1 deal, was she? Maybe she holds Harold responsible for Ingram's death?

And fascinating that Harold already had a false name long before he invented the machine....