TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 16, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 16, 2011 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
My favorite show of the new season. I do wonder how long he can get away with leaving his finger prints etc. all over the place. I also don't believe for a minute that he killed his former partner.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I am...but I am waaay behind!!! I do enjoy it, though.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am still watching.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's my favorite show of the season. I have a huge crush on Jim C's character, altho I'm sure I probably wouldn't agree with the real Jim C on much of anything.

I think he did kill his former partner. I remember a scene where she shot two guys and he was rather shocked by it. I think he ended up thinking the CIA was hopelessly corrupt and untrustworthy, killed her and made himself look dead in order to get himself out. Or maybe.. she had something to do with the death of his love interest?

I think it may be going on hiatus now, that seemed like a mini-finale? But I'm encouraged to see that the ratings guru have moved it from "on the bubble" to being "likely to be renewed."

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, you are probably right. I don't remember that scene, but I am old so I don't remember a lot.

It did seem like a season finale last night.

Hmm, I had never heard of Jim C until this show, so I will have to Google him and see what he is all about.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is the only new show of the season that I am watching. I recorded last night's episode so I can't comment on it. However, I'm thrilled that the ratings guru said "likely to be renewed."

Love me some Jim C. and Michael Emerson is still one of my favorite actors - going way back to when he played the psychopath on The Practice. After the psycho on The Practice and Ben on Lost, I would imagine that Finch is a rather refreshing character for him to play. Hopefully, we will get some answers as to what happened to Finch.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I remember the scene where she shot the two guys.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I like this show. Is it just me or doesn't Jim C.'s character, or personality of his character on this show, seem very similar to the movie he was in with Jennifer Lopez called "Angel Eyes"?

Seems so similar to me in terms of his acting and personality from both roles.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, they were sitting at a table and she shot them, right?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Lexi for confirming that. I couldn't remember if she shot the two guys, or she made him shoot them - but I do remember the look on his face, that he wasn't happy about it. I also remember her telling him that he had to stay away from any personal involvements (which is why he was not contacting the woman he loved?). I only remember those things because I re-watched the premiere.

Never saw Jim C in angel Eyes. He played Jesus in "Last Passion of the Christ." He later said that if he did take the role, Mel Gibson told him it would be hard for him to find work as an actor afterwards, and Jim C said that was true.

But what bugged me was his making a commercial to oppose Michael Fox's plea for more stem cell research. He is a staunch Roman Catholic, so he's entitled to his beliefs, I just don't agree.

I still think he's hot, however.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lazylu, that was the scene.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank you. I will also have to disagree with him about stem cell, but it is his beliefs.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Really good episode last night. I hope this show survives. It is good week after week.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, it has been driving me nuts to find the name of the actress who played the agent that shot those two men.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lexi, Here's the imdb cast list for episode 1:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/fullcredits

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, why did Mel Gibson and Jim C say that it would be difficult to find work afterwards if he played Jesus in Gibson's movie? Did they state why they believed that?

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Do anyone know why the lady detective said "it's you" when she saw (don't know his name, the guy from lost)? What is their connection???

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
My memory is vague on this, but there was a case that the detective had worked on in one of the prior episodes and Finch posed as a witness as part of one of his and Reese's assignments. She interviewed Finch as a witness. However, I don't recall the particulars about that episode or who they were trying to save.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Back a few episodes ago Jim C posed as one of a group breaking into a safe(?) and the police had footage of it. The guy with the limp posed as one of the innocent customers, but the lady detective was suspicious he was involved because it looked like he spoke to Jim C. So I presume that's how/why she remembered him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ahnicka, here is an article that explains it, from the Huff Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/jim-caviezel-rejected-by-my-own-industry_n_856587.html

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thank you.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Mame. I checked all of the episodes and I don't see her listed. I know she definitely wasn't in episode one because it showed him with his girlfriend way back when. The episode where the woman shot the two men was later in the series. This is going to drive me nuts.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, you're referring to episode 8, titled "Foe." I think her name is Annie Parisse. I hope that helps.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You're right Ahnicka. That is her. She looks a little bit different in the photo they have of her on IMDB, but when you scour her photographs on IMDB, you cam't miss her lips. (I have very thin lips so I'm always noticing other lips.)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thought I'd just put a plug in for this, you can vote for Person of Interest in the People's Choice Awards:

http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/vote/votenow.jsp