TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 15, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: La Brea: Archive through February 15, 2024 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And detergent makers and anything to do with laundry would hate him too. Progress is rejected when it loses customers. Think of the buggy whip industry and buggies (I mean that word is sort of alien now. I remember in the late 50s, I think, my grandmother was telling a story from her past, and said "and the buggy overturned" and my brother and I just laughed hysterically about a "buggy". She wasn't amused by our reaction..)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But yes, these people just happened to find that stash of clothing and such but magically it never seems to stay dirty.

And what are they eating? That huge herd of bison, but no one seems to have tried to hunt one and cook it and use the skin for clothing or blankets..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's like Gilligan's Island. Somehow everything they need seems to appear...and no one got dirty on Gilligan's Island either lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Aren't they getting food from their alliance with the people that already lived there? That was my impression from several episodes.

When that alliance was broken, they were worried about starving, and there was some stealing back and forth, but that's all resolved now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So I had two episodes on my DVR, part I and Part II.

SANfRAN.. that giant sort of Komodo Dragon is awesome, though I don't think just a wooden spear would turn one around. Just watched part I.. on to part II.

This is like a tangle of spaghetti plotlines.

I also have to be doing something else, or several other things while watching this.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yikes.. T Rex in part II and where/when did Eve go?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Ya know...I keep thinking that somehow or another Eve might somehow turn out to be the original biblical Eve in the Garden of Eden.

Maybe she's there now! Is there an "Adam" in the show?...could that maybe the hubby's middle name or something? LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hanging out with a Snake and an Apple..

But it seems like all sorts of people and things may have landed at once, including a huge T-Rex.

And if someone rescued medication that would cure my terminal cancer, I would quickly stash it away and not just stand around holding it in my hands amidst all the chaos that was going on..

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I actually thought it was a pretty good ending for the show. Eve time-travelled to who knows where? and Gavin and the kids running away from a giant T-Rex.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 07, 2024 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not reading because I haven't seen the ending yet but..

This about the tribute at the end of she episode that aired on cable this week.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news/717031/peter-muston-la-brea/

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 09, 2024 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I taped the first show this year, and I realized I hadn't remembered a lot of the show and was basically lost, so I deleted it and stopped watching, If I don't care enough to remember things, I have other things to do.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 09, 2024 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I may be the only one watching...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 09, 2024 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. This season is a lot easier to follow, as they're just tying up loose ends, rather than trying to create multiple paths that are confusing. Last season I watched but gave up trying to work out what was going on with the weirdnesses.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching. Only one episode left. I hope the ending is satisfying!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too.. I wonder who will end up where and when..

I do watch for the various giant animals, too.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm still watching. Hope they wrap up the ending well.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Tonight is the season finale!Hope they wrap it up well.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It was okay, I guess. They really didn't answer too many questions.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they just wrapped up all the love stories, and everyone lived happily ever after, back in 2021.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven’t watched for a while but I am curious. Can someone tell me how they got back to 2021?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I wasnt' watching that closely, but portals magically appeared in the last 2 episodes. Not sure how they got there, I must have missed that part. They were red and blue with one color leading to 1965 and the other to 2021.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I don't know where the portals came from, but luckily one went to 2021 just a month or so before the original event. Ty was sucked in by accident (when they didn't know when the portal would go to) and when in 2021 he persuaded the 2021 others to help him fix everything. Then he went back to the past and helped the stuck-in-past versions of themselves go back and live happily ever after.

Ty stayed in the past to be with his wife from the tribe. Scott realised the girlfriend he broke up with just before the portal wasn't too good for him after all, and they got back together again. The main family found Eve. Levi was killed last episode (conveniently, so no divided affactions with Eve there). And Lucas and Veronica had a baby.

Such potential, and a lot of it was enjoyable, but I'm glad it's ended.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer after the portals closed they fought to get the microchip bacj, with help from a T Rex. Then he flew the plane, with everyone who wanted to leave.

They got back, Eve still missing, the son went to see his 10000bc girlfriend, who had surgery done by her father to save her. Eve showed up at a tree where they got married and would hang pictures of events like the marriage and ultrasounds of the kids. He remembered the tree and she showed up, in 2021. All who returned plan to stay friends.

The plane barely made it over the head of the T Rex.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I binged all 6 eps yesterday. You know something's out of whack when you totally forget that one of the MAIN characters (Eve) was MIA for the ENTIRE final season, aside from one flashback at the "memory tree" and then a token appearance in the final scene at the exact same spot....and she was still wearing her like-new tan suede(?) jacket that has remained fresh and clean for all 3 seasons.

Yeah, they mentioned Eve a lot, but her final appearance felt kind of rushed. My guess is that Natalie Zea only had one day to shoot her scenes.

------

Btw, I did learn some actual scientific facts from watching this crazy show! After Layla got stuck in the tar pit up to her armpits, I wondered just how big and deep the La Brea tar pits really are...and Mr Google gave me a link that says it's only "a few inches" deep. I never knew that...I always thought they were really deep, likely with all kinds of bones way, way down at the bottom. Apparently that's just an urban legend.

15 Things You Never Knew About the La Brea Tar Pits
https://suburbanturmoil.com/about-the-la-brea-tar-pits/2016/06/28/

-----

Writing this post made me realize that, as far as I remember, the message in a bottle that was tossed into the "asphalt pits" was never found. Did I miss that or was it just something they chose to ignore? You know, like how they ignored common sense and the laws of "dirty clothes physics"?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I kind of remember it being found, but it would be hard for me to give specifics.