TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: La Brea: Archive through February 26, 2023 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I mean, it really is pretty awful. Yet, it gets renewed and shows that I like and that are so much better get canceled? Is this something about the American public (that I probably don't want to know)?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" Is this something about the American public (that I probably don't want to know)?"

Uh....aren't we part of the American public that watches this show? If so, what's wrong with us?

LOL

I think it's watchable based on it's flaws and simply cannot be taken seriously.

It's that improbable vs impossible dichotomy. Impossible can be exciting but improbable is just distracting and often eye-rollingly funny (to me at least).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
But the CGI is sooooo bad... those buffalo?

Yeah, we are, but I only half watch at this point... have to be doing something else while it's playing back.

But my point really was, why we aren't watching really good shows? So that they don't get canceled. But we are watching the bad ones?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
ABout the renewal... a *short* 3rd season...

Deadline hears NBC approached the cast about doing a short third season. Because the series regulars have a 10-episode minimum guarantee, NBC & Universal Television asked the cast to reduce their contractual minimum guarantees to six episodes, sources said.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/la-brea-canceled-end-season-3-episode-count-nbc-networks-strike-contingency-1235245795

So maybe just a series ending renewal?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
One can hope lol

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But my point really was, why we aren't watching really good shows? So that they don't get canceled. But we are watching the bad ones?"

I watch some really great shows....but they get canceled anyhow. And the "binge model" of watching probably isn't helping the networks.

I often wait until I can binge a whole season of something so I don't have to watch them one per week. I'll watch cop shows (L&O) or Doc shows (Resident, New Amsterdam) one per week because they just go on and on unlike the serialized stories like AHS or Star Trek Discovery or Hell on Wheels.

There are fewer great shows out there...note the loss of originality on the broadcast stations. "Remake, Reboot, & Repeat" is their mantra lately.

There are just too many stations and not enough "great" content. Heck I'll wait all year (or longer) for a new AHS season and then watch them all in one day....then I start the 364 day wait until next season!

La Brea is just a junkfood of TV to me....it ain't great but it's fine for a quick snack. The best part is that I'm not exactly invested in it, so when the season's over I pretty much forget about it until it comes back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Two hours though.. yikes.

And as usual, people just insist on separating.. Like telling everyone to go in PAIRS and be armed and what does she do? When her partner turned out to be barefoot (why??) she sends him back and then starts poking around on her own.. BAD CHOICE!

And so many mistakes and lack of group cohesion (which actually is what would be the downfall in any dystopian situation here because working for the common good isn't really celebrated with so many.

I did like that she saved the bunny after she distracted the bear.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sea, her partner wasn't barefoot, he was wearing flip flops that broke while he was walking. You'd think he would have worn some other kind of shoes tho... that was kind of a stupid plot line.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2023 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh I just saw bare feet, but she should have gone back with him and stayed together.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ugh, Is it just me or has La Brea become totally unwatchable. I think this is it for me. too stupid to live. The plots make no sense, it is like they have an idea for a scene and they make up a plot so they can film it. The only question is if people stay dead or come back to life.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol...I'm telling you..between the confusing plot lines and the breaks in the show...I literally can't remember what timeline they are in, who went where to do what, and half of their names. How it got renewed is beyond me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was so caught up with what was going on (or thought I was) at the start of the season and I still have no idea what is going on now! The only thing that really caught my attention is that they are now talking about resetting everything. They should do that and end and put us out of our misery.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, I was kind of hoping that last night would be the finale... yet I keep watching!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Next week is the two part finale. But it's already been renewed, so there will be more!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It really is frustrating!! I almost feel like rooting for whoever wants to erase half of them from ever existing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Seamonkey. I feel ya!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I want a rift to open and see a mammoth herd chase a bunch of spear wielding villagers into it and they all wind up at a pretzel stand in Central Park.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, how come the portals never work in reverse? The best parts are the animated animals lol...I would love a mammoth running down Rodeo Drive. Maybe they could stampede some of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The animals are the best.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, your storyline would be a lot more fun!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I know! I think I must be "hate-watching" this show....it's only redeeming quality is that it's so easy to make fun of it.

I'm still waiting to see them get at least a little dirty...so I'm hoping for a mudslide.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Their dirt is only temporary, it seems.

That hot tub.. Was waiting for it to erupt..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Their dirt is only temporary, it seems. "

Maybe their clothes are all made out of some super material like hi-tech-teflon-fiber or something so any dirt or stain on it just kind of falls off in a slight breeze. :-)

I still want a mudslide, though

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Teflon skin and hair, too..

We can only hope for mud..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
there was a movie in the 30's or 40's starring Alec Guinness called the Man in the White Suit.
he was a scientist who discovered a cloth that repelled dirt. He thought he would be a hero, but cotton grower, cloth makers and tailors all hated him, eventually he was chased and hated by everyone. I am a sucker for those bittersweet kinds of movies.