TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Last of Us: Archive through March 11, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, They don't Don't give anything away on the Podcast. But From what they've been saying they stick very close to what happens on the video game. Even reactions of the actors. The only thing they changed was the boy being deaf.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Slightly off topic but Pedro Pascal is on The Graham Norton Show this week and he is SOOOO LOVELY!!! It is episode 19, I think it's on BBC America next Sunday (not tomorrow).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
He is lovely! He is such a sweet genuine guy! He seems to really appreciate the journey he is on and loves his fans!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Last nite's ep was ok. I needed to see more Pedro!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Agreed. He's the star. I did appreciate getting some back story, but things moved along a bit slowly. I wanted to know more!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
See it's this format that follows the video game that I don't much care for. They present a new character every week and then they kill them.

They do a good job of developing the characters. Otherwise I wouldn't care if they died lol All of these one episode actors are fabulous.... But I already know they're gonna die in an hour.

I love Joel (Pedro)...but now are they gonna kill him off too? I have to say, I don't really care for Ellie (Bella). Which is strange because I loved her and all her other roles.

It was really apparent to me in the last episode. Riley (Storm) just had so much depth to her. Ellie not so much.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree Since!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But.. and I agree that Ellie is hard to like so much, but the key information was given by Riley.. Ellie never had parents that she knew, while Riley had known parents and then seen them, who loved her and she loved, killed. Ellie never had that love and was kind of hardened to the killing or dying, as she laughed when the man who had OD'd fell through the floor.

In Joel, she has begun to feel some love and loving though it is hard for her to trust

Now we see that with the finally admitting to loving Riley, that will be taken away, as it is doubtful that Riley was immune to the bite and mold..

Now I wouldn't know most of this without the podcasts. I watch the show, full of tension, being almost angry when they take chances, like being so loud that they woke up the one infected guy there, but then the podcast somewhat explains a lot of their reasoning and details. I am not as excited as they are about the explanations and it is really hard to have great characters who are there and gone on this show.

Is Joel dying? Yes, they keep saying he is but at the end of the podcast, they say the stitching cannot possibly save him... or, CAN IT?

So I have hope that we will see him live

But this episode was flashing back to help explain more about Ellie.

And, still, she is hard to like, but I see that she has been emotionally damaged pretty much her whole life.

And, as the podcasters pointed out in the time frame of the flashback, lgbt people were way less accepted than they are now, so there was that going on with her too.

Since, I know you are listening to the podcasts. Anyone else?

I am lucky that I already had HBO (have for years since way back when HBO was the only way to see Wimbledon, then just kept it) and if you pay for HBO, you get HBO Max. Yay.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes Sea I do listen to the podcasts. It helps explain stuff as you said. You know though, I think it isn't the character of Ellie I don't like...it's the actor. I just feel like she doesn't have the layers of emotion necessary to do the nuances of the character of Ellie justice? That's just my personal opinion of course.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I actually do like Ellie, as well as the actress who plays her. I think the character is pretty damaged and puts up walls so she is hard to like at first but she has really grown on me.

However, I fully agree that the new likeable “soon to be dead” character of the week is a bit tiresome and discouraging, though I fall for liking them every time.

Is there a link to the podcasts?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I have warmed up to Bella Ramsey. But don't entirely love her yet.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hbos-the-last-of-us-podcast/id1660320068

This is just one link. They have on spotify and numerous other Podcast channels also

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, where do you watch the show itself? I have long had HBO, so I get HBO Max with that and so I just get the podcasts on demand with my cable package.

They are audio only so it is funny that I'm using a 60" screen to listen, but I enjoy them very much

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that’s interesting. In Canada, we have a service on our TV cable that’s called “Crave” and that includes all the HBO stuff. I’ll look for them there but I don’t recall seeing them.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just saw Since’s post and link and that makes them available on my iPhone and iPad. As they are audio I think I may listen to them there. Good for when walking our dog.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, good listening for sure. What I like is their enthusiasm. I don't play games like that, so they fill in some information on them as well.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well "Ellie" acted her butt off in this one last one!

I wish she'd told the men early on that their guy was the aggressor, it might have made them a bit less obsessive about getting revenge. Or not, seeing as they all seemed pretty far gone already.

Only thing I can't help but mention was at the end, where were all the townsfolk? Maybe the housing was away from that big meeting hall.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I wondered why no one came when the building was on fire. Maybe they had strict orders about where they were to be and when. That's how the 'secret' was able to carry on.

I thought of that too -- telling them that their guy was killed in self defense, but I don't think it would have mattered. They had a warped view of themselves and others already.

The end of the ep brought a tear to my eye. And then when the announcer said only one more ep, I really wanted to cry!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And what show has nine episodes, I was expecting at least 10!

This has been so much better than I feared it would be. Somehow the first episode really put me off, because of the disappointment of losing that really exciting, relatable first half, to be with a grumpy guy and a difficult teenager. But in the end it really came through.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, I reluctantly started to watch because of the buzz. And several times I've been in or near tears. They really have pulled together a remarkable story. And the podcast just enriches it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I quite like The Last Of Us and wish there were at least 13 episodes.
I had guessed pretty much everything about the last show. I told my husband a few seconds into the church service, the preacher is a perv and there will be a Donner party thing going on there.
I also knew Ellie had to save herself just as Joel would save himself and do everything he could to get to Ellie.
Pedro Pascal is my newest celebrity boo.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL. My daughter is crushing on Pedro. It's funny because I watched him in Narcos and I can't even remember him in the show! (I always think of the blonde agent). Also watched him in that Silly Nic Cage movie that came out a year or so ago, and I enjoyed it, but was not as mezmerized. Of course he's the Mandolorian, but you can't ever see his face, so it could be anyone behind that mask. His star is shining really bright from this show!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
For a real treat check out his scenes in Game of Thrones

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
That last episode was epic! So much was happening with the main characters being so close to death! Ellie was formidable, taking care of Joel, trying to hunt, holding off those creeps, and defending herself so well when the leader tried ti kill her!
She survived and so did Joel against big odds. I felt bad for the horse and the deer though.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The first movie I saw Pascal in was Kingsman: The Golden Circle. He did his character as if he were Burt Reynolds playing it. I laughed at that fact throughout the movie. He's the only reason I was willing to watch a show based on a video game and I'm glad I did. But boy this last episode was violent!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 11, 2023 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just watched.. Yes, epic, but I hate being so happy seeing people die (or not seeing it).

Sorry for the horse. I guess it will feed some people, though all of that was about to burn to the ground.