TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Last of Us: Archive through February 24, 2023 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I like that she still has playfulness and enjoys making him laugh. In WD the teens were never so fun

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I see a relationship developing between the girl and the man trying to get her to safety. He is fighting it because it brings back the pain of losing his daughter

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Reminder: this week you can watch the show on on HBO Max or on Demand already, rather than waiting for Sunday.

It was good. Won't say more until more people have watched.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2023 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was good. And once again, the people are more scary than the zombies.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 11, 2023 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And once again characters I liked were offed...lol These a!zombies are like lighting! And what was that? Zombie monster King?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2023 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The giant Zombie!! Yikes.

Yeah, sad to see Henry shoot himself, but he was just so damaged by then. And the brother was gone. Sad.

But why do they get so loud at times and keep lights on??

Listening to episode 4 podcast now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2023 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And episode 5 podcast.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 13, 2023 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK, for the infected, after an early stage, they are Clickers.no eyes. use echolocation like a bat, then most just go to a wall and the mold grows out of them. But some are super strong and become Bloaters. That huge one was a Bloater.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 13, 2023 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So it was fortuitous that they didn't go down to the tunnels that were supposed to be clear of zombies, according to Henry.

However, I'm not understanding something. According to zombie timelines...

"Runners are the first stage of fungi Cordyceps infection and begin anywhere between 12 and 48 hours after the initial infection. Runners lose their higher brain functions and become hostile, simply looking to spread the infection to other hosts.

A further stage of infection creates Clickers, which occurs around a year after infection. Clickers begin to grow fungal plates on the outside of their heads. This blinds them, resulting in Clickers developing a primitive form of echolocation.

Bloaters are created around a decade after the initial infection, which sees the fungal growth from Clickers' heads extend over their entire body. This creates an armor-like covering of fungi over a Bloater's entire body, making them increasingly difficult to kill due to the extended period of infection"

Those coming out of the hole first looked mostly like "Runners". Some like "Clickers". If they were "run underground 15 years ago"…and I'm assuming they were trapped there? How are any of them still Clickers let alone Runners??? Wouldn't the majority of them be Bloaters after 15 years? And do they get their sight back when they are Bloaters? Seemed like perhaps the Bloater Monster had "eyes" and could see people far away from them?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 19, 2023 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.. was that end misdirection? Apparently not, given the previews.

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
It looked like the next episode is a flashback?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, that makes sense. I mean not that this whole plot makes sense that isn't crazy, but, yes.. flashback makes sense.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes looks like a flashback to me. I'm excited to see some back story on her.
I had to laugh at the college they went to. It's supposed to be colorado state home of the Rams. Not eastern CO, home of the big horns. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great ep! I agree next ep is a flashback. Perfect place for it because it really looks like he is dead but I dont think they would kill him off this soon. He is the ONLY reason I started this show and I dont know if I would stay without him

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I binged watched all current episodes last night. Wow, what a great show!! There were so many turn of events that shocked me or made me sad. I'm hooked!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes having him die would be odd. Personally, I never heard of the actor, never watched any shows with him, that I know of and he is not the most pleasant character ( but given the circumstances, being pleasant would probably be hard to pull off). He was starting to soften a bit.. But then one would think it would be a good idea to wear protective clothing, considering the dangers out there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Eggie, could there be a tumbleweed zombie bloater in your future??

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sea, did you watch Game of Thrones?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One episode. That was enough.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I confess that I couldn’t figure out which character he played on Game of Thrones so I looked it up. Amazing!

It’s hard to imagine The Last of Us without his character but a knife in the stomach is not an easily recoverable injury, especially in primitive conditions. Pretty brutal.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't know anything about the video game... But thought the television show follows the game? I Googled it and it tells you what happens...if anyone is curious.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Not familiar with the game, and do not want to know what happens in the show. I'm along for the ride and enjoying it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's kind of like, as in the Walking Dead, everybody knows what's gonna happen more or less because of the comic books. But sometimes they stray.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The podcasts talk about the game and any differences and why, but that is week to week, not about the end. I am behind on the podcasts.

I come from no pre-knowledge of the game.

Never read or watched anything about Walking Dead, except blurbs about actors who would be on it.