TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 07, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Last of Us: Archive through February 07, 2023 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I give credit to the actors for keeping me engaged in this show. Last week I was frightened and this week I was absolutely heartbroken. Tremendous job by Nick Offerman and Murray Bartlett. And OMG ~ the reaction of Ellie at being in a motor vehicle for the first time in her life! Such a delightful innocent moment. I may have to rewatch the first and second episode to get the timelines straight in my head. I wasn't expecting to be this engaged in the story.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Very good episode. I haven’t felt that emotional watching a tv episode in a long time.

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Statement from the producers on the passing of Annie Wersching, who played the original Tess in the video game: https://www.reddit.com/r/thelastofus/comments/
10oivcz/from_craig_neil_on_annies_passing/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow. They had me from the first Linda Rondstadt song reference to the last.

Just wrung out.

Now the podcast.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
This really was quite an episode. It was poignant and just so well written..and acted.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Was just thinking...this episode is what Tales Of The Walking Dead wanted to be..but never quite got there. I read that this episode was considered to be the best one. They said there is one other...almost as good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The podcast was good, too.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I quite liked episode 3. It was charming, heartfelt, sweet and full of lovely moments.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I went back and watched the rest of ep 1 and then ep 2 and after ep 3 I am totally hooked!!! The only complaint is they make me fall in love with a character and then kill them off in the same ep!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Even the main guy was a bit more appealing this last episode, before this he just didn't have much personality. I hope they keep it up.

And Sincebb1, while I was watching I was thinking it's like a GOOD Tale of the Walking Dead too! What a shame they didn't have better writers.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am in love with the main guy since GOT! and I am a huge Mandalorian fan so Pedro can do no wrong in my book lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kitt yep!

Every episode, as soon as I become enamored of a character...they are toast. This last one was rough. But I guess that's what happens in a video game. Everybody dies.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I binged this last night. Ep 3 was powerful and moving and I liked it a lot.

Overall, I sometimes think shows like this suffer from not being forced into a hour timeslot. I found my mind wandering. I also do not, at all, get the appeal of zombies. It just seems stupid to me. I mean, really, a fungus is going to make an old woman who couldn't even walk or feed herself suddenly be able to chase and kill you?!

For me the more interesting part is how you survive in a world like this, where something has happened to kill so many people and disrupt society. The bandits are more frightening to me than the zombies.

I will keep watching and hope the show focuses more on their survival and journey (both literally and emotional/personally). And I'll have to stop expecting him to pull baby yoda out of his pack. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Brenda! I just want to hear him work in the phrase This is they way at least once!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That would be SO perfect Pamy!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I am going to see Mando and Grogu tomorrow :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
At disneyland?! Oh how fun. I don't think they had him yet when we were there a year ago. It's my perfect happy place.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes :-) it is for us too!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Next week's show clashes with the Super Bowl, so for anyone who has HBO Max or On Demand:

"To cushion the blow The Last of Us will inevitably sustain opposite next Sunday’s Super Bowl, the pay cabler has announced that it will release Episode 5 of the post-apocalyptic drama two days early — on Friday, Feb. 10 at 9 pm/ET — on HBO Max and HBO On Demand. The episode will still make its “linear” debut on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 9 pm/ET, opposite Super Bowl LVII."

https://tvline.com/2023/02/05/the-last-of-us-episode-5-release-date-hbo-max-super-bowl/

A good episode again today. Slow but steady. They do have good chemistry now, it just took a while to build.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well,I loved episode 3 but now it is back to causing me anxiety.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hear you about the anxiety. I mean I know they have to survive the episode as they are the stars, but gosh do they know how to build the tensions!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved this ep!! Pedro was fantastic on SNL this week!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I know, but it just causes a clenched stomach. And you knew as soon as they were driving in that city that it wasn't going to be a good thing.

But in honor of the sweet episode last week, one of my songs for our Wednesday zoom is Linda Ronstadt singing "Long, Long Time".

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ah but did you know before this that diarrhea was hereditary?

Linda has been singing in my head for a week and I am more than okay with it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I love that song and the way she sings it. Beautiful episode and, as everyone’s been saying, the most recent one was good in a different way. I like the way they are slowly building the relationship between the two main characters.