TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The West Wing

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The West Wing users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Marathon -- In case you missed it HLN is showing a marathon of this series all week!!!

So excited, I really enjoyed this show, and some of the episodes are so impactful.

Anyway wanted a place to comment since I think this got lost the last marathon in random discussions.

I guess it is too old (began in 1999) so there is no thread.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Dipo. I had it set to record. I've never watched the series but have heard lot about it.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Dipo. I had it set to record. I have never seen the series but have heard lots about it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, I still crack up when Danny brings CJ a goldfish.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mrs. Landingham ... I just love her, she cracks me up.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
After all the positive hype here, I'll be binging West Wing over the next little while. Never saw it, although I was aware of its popularity when it first aired. I gather that I'm in for a treat!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Mameblanche, it is so good. I have been trying not to put any spoiler info in the thread in case people are starting to watch.

I am up to Season 3 and I just love Stockard Channing, she was so good as the first lady.

Unfortunately they are doing an congressional investigation which isn't as fun.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
From Google, just some info:

Each of its seven seasons earned a nomination for the award. With its 26 total awards, The West Wing tied with Hill Street Blues as the drama with the most Emmy wins until Game of Thrones broke the record for most wins in 2016, with 38 total awards.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha... the President calling the Butterball hotline!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Do you happen to know if I have to be pre-registered or something (to vote) ..... hahahahahahahahaha, this whole part just cracks me up ....

Season 4, Episode 7 .... Election Night. I was dying laughing at all the people asking Josh voting questions.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, December 30, 2022 - 2:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I love West Wing so much I owned the VHS tapes, then I bought the DVDs of the seasons and finally just bought the streaming versions. Every couple of months I will binge a season.

So many great eipsodes both from a comedy perspective and also dramatic. Great actors and also great actors in guest roles in seasons.

Some belly laugh moments - Lemon Limon.com, CJs root canal and Josh taking over the press room, Sam getting his ass kicked by "a girl", Sam's meeting with Leo's daughter's second grade class. The block of cheese day

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, December 30, 2022 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
When it was first on, I made a mix CD of songs from prime time shows.. many of those songs came from West Wing - mostly from the more dramatic scenes.

It remains a gem with everything we would want in an administration.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Dire Straits Brothers in Arms comes to mid Legal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Legal, everytime the theme song starts I get teary eyed ... it just gives me hope.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And I am cracking up at the "gift" of enriched uranium, hahahahaha. I don't remember this season at all (Season 6) so am thoroughly enjoying it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Brothers in arms was part of one of the most memorable episodes in tv history.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Agree Legal, It was such a rich episode, masterfully photographed, wonderful script.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So good ... stayed up until 3am to see the final episodes, I don't remember them from back in the day and even tho they were less focused on original cast they still were very good.

Love how they ended it and showed a wrap-up of some of the characters lives. I keep thinking I should google to see what they are up to now, hahahahaha, then I remember they aren't real people, too funny.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Darn it, I set it to record, but it only recorded an hour! Going to have to find the rest of season 7 somewhere else to watch!

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
All seasons are on HBOMAX. Same thing happened to me, so went looking.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I don't have that. Annoyed that it's a separate charge from HBO, which I get with my cable.

It's on Amazon Prime also, but $2-3 per epi.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kar, when you go to this page and choose "sign in with provider", does that get you in?
https://play.hbomax.com/signIn

Because I was under the impression the HBO MAX came automatically with HBO. I know I don't pay extra.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hmmm... I'll have to try that. When I try on my cable box... it only gives me a "sign up" link, but I'll try again.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I'll be darned! Thank you for that link! It worked!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, no it didn't... I try sign in with a provider, says I'm good, then keeps telling me to sign in again?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just can't figure it out. I finally got signed in and it says "can't verify subscription." When I first tried, it did say it was free with my account. So I don't know.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wish I knew how to help

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
From what I have heard HBO Max is an extra charge for most people, which makes no sense and my "TV Podcast" people complain about all the time.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, after doing some research, it's not included with mine, even tho I get all the HBO channels. :-(

It's weird because when I first go to HBO Max on my tv, it says it's free. But after I go thru all the steps to activate, it says, nope, I gotta buy it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: