TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 14, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: So Help Me Todd!!: Archive through October 14, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A really fun show on CBS on Thursdays at 9pm.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
So Help Me Todd CBS starts tomorrow. Skyler Astin and Marcia Gay Harden.

Meticulous attorney Margaret Wright hires her talented but scruffy son Todd as her law firm's in-house investigator. As the black sheep of the well-heeled Wright family, Todd is a laid-back, quick-thinking, excellent former private detective who fell on hard times after his flexible interpretation of the law got his license revoked. Margaret's penchant for excellence and strict adherence to the law is at complete odds with Todd's scrappy methods of finding his way through sticky situations: by the seat of his wrinkled pants. When Todd inadvertently teams with his mother on a case, she's surprised to find herself duly impressed by -- and proud of -- his crafty ability to sleuth out information with his charm and his wide-ranging tech savvy. At last, Margaret sees a way to put her son on a suitable path to living an adult, financially solvent life she approves of, and she asks him to join her firm.

Previews look promising.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I love Marcia Gay Harden, she was great in The Newsroom.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She was great in that Netflix series with Neil Patrick Harris( forgot the title). Never really paid any attention to her but after the Netflix show, I became a fan.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Same!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I have it on my calendar for tonight. Looking forward to it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The part was initially given to Geena Davis. She exited the role abruptly. They had to stop filming the pilot to recast role. Meet you back here after watching 1st episode to see if that was a good move or not lol

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Watching So Help Me Todd. It’s set in Portland, yet I know it’s filmed in Vancouver BC. Interesting the way they are interspersing Portland landmarks into the storyline.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So Help Me Todd -- I am really enjoying this, it is quite intriguing and moves along at a good pace. I think it could be really good!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I quite liked it too! It was reminiscent of watching an older style of comedy who-done-it genre...like a Monk or a Murder She Wrote...but modern with new technology.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"So Help Me Todd" was great! Loved it! Now that I've seen, Geena wouldn't have been right for this role at all.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It was a lot of fun! Skylar is so incredibly likable. Even my husband liked it and he is very picky. And I agree about Geena. Marcia is so good as mom.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am going to start a thread and have the mods move our comments, LOL. I loved it.

Cracked up about the husband.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
My husband looked at me half way through...said "You like this?" I thought oh oh....I said I did, but he didn't have to watch it with me. He said "no, I actually like it. It's different than anything out there right now. It's smart and funny"

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Moved posts over. Thanks for starting the thread, Dipo. :-)

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
It's on my DVR, I thought I'd give it a shot! From how it sounds, I made a good decision. Will check it out this weekend.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer!

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer. I enjoyed it and I think this could grow to be a great show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 08, 2022 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The 2nd ep wasn't as good, imo. I feel some of the things he is doing is so over the top, especially now that he works for a law firm that it is distracting

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 08, 2022 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I was entertained by it. It is annoying that the Law Firm seems to be preventing him from following his methods but I am sure that is just setting up the season for some other things that will occur.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 09, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched them back to back and found both pretty entertaining. The first one was definitely a bit better. They will have to be careful not to make it too unbelievable. That said, I like it because of the humor, not necessarily his stunts. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was joking with my husband and said it was the little boy. Not too far off. Another enjoyable show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I still like it, altho I still think the first show was the best. Hopefully it gets back to that.

I didn't know this show was produced by Dr. Phil!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Mamie, I didn't get the little kid but at first, I suspected the Uncle, then I saw him at the dance club .... hahahahahaha, that was hysterical.

Finally, the Dad came into play and I figured it was him somehow, but the little boy was a nice twist.