TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 02, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: La Brea: Archive through December 02, 2021 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I like this twist. That said, I'm not picky and I'll keep watching.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Remember when Marty McFly went back in time and met his mother before he was born? Yeah, these things happen sometimes.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm now wondering about alternate universes.

It could get a bit weird if Gavin's son realizes that Isaiah is his daddy. And Eve might feel a bit awkward if she learns that her son is actually the product of her and Isaiah!

Maybe when Isaiah left the Below and came to the Above, it started a new branch in the timeline (which would start the timeline of an alternate universe). The timeline changed when he arrived up top because it brought new people into the modern world. Gavin's family would not even exist otherwise.

Maybe every visit from Above has created more alternate timelines...others have come through over the years. The Above folks that are now stuck in the Below are changing the timeline by just being there....as we already know from the necklace and the airplane debris.

This could get really complicated.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This was in the summary of last night's episode:

quote:

They then both attended the vigil/met up with Andrew, until Sophia called with an address for Ella β€” in Topanga Canyon, near where she and Gavin had been found in 1988.

https://tvline.com/2021/11/16/la-brea-recap-season-1-episode-8-origins-isaiah-grandpa/

Can anyone remind me about the Ella/Gavin being found in 1988 bit? I guess it was in an early episode and it didn't sink in.

Sounds like there will be a baby Ella in the Under as well.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Either last week or the week before, the episode revealed that Gavin and an older girl were found wandering the road in 1988. They went there and found the old woman who worked for a church and who had discovered the lost children and handed them over to child services where they wound up separated and adopted by different people.

(It was very improbably convenient that they could unseal Gavin's adoption information, find out where he was found, who he was found with, and who found them and where that person was now, 30 years later...all in just a couple of hours.:-))

The girl was named Ella and if I'm remembering this correctly, she was older than Gavin, not younger....so if she was in the Below world now, she'd be a tween or a teen there, I think. I may be remembering this wrong but that's what my old brain is telling me. I had been thinking since then that the girl must know more than Gavin because she was older when they arrived up top.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You all are making my head hurt. Stop it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah thank you! I missed all that. Was probably "resting" my eyes at the time :-).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It just now occurred to me....didn't Eve meet a little Below girl who introduced herself as "Ella"?

I can mentally hear her voice telling the girl "That's a pretty name"....but I may be confusing this with a different show. That happens a lot. :-)

But as I scanned through that last episode looking for that scene (didn't find it), I noticed something else that might be important that I missed when I watched it.

Eve was talking to Isaiah and he said he and his grandfather only arrived there "a few years ago"....and when Eve asked where they came from, Isaiah said "I'm not supposed to talk about that". That looks like it could be a major piece of the puzzle.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Also, how do the grandfather, and Rebecca who "stole" Isaiah, know he will grow into Gavin?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 18, 2021 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Also, how do the grandfather, and Rebecca who "stole" Isaiah, know he will grow into Gavin?"

Maybe the grandfather is Gavin's grandson!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 3:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
😢😢

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The La Brea season finale airs on Nov 30. Only 2 eps to go before this season is over.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's a short season. Hope we don't have to wait too long for the next.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 20, 2021 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
At least the TV Guide article I read said that the finale will have some really big and unexpected reveals. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 21, 2021 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think we pretty much figured out the reveals. I would be surprised to be surprised.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So now we know there will be a Season 2.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The mammoth was cool!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So is the son going to be in 1988? I guess he could be in any time, as it was just a pulse and not the original hole.

Hope the dad walks the 1000+ miles to La Brea before the others leave ;).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ah....maybe they can hitch a ride on the woolly mammoth?😊

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He was a big boy. I'm not sure the scale was right. They're only up to about 12ft tall, not much bigger than an elephant, but it seemed the height of the cliffs.

Although for La Brea the size of the mammoths would be the least of the errors ;).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, this season was still fun, even with all flaws and overlooked logic by the writers. Of course, the missing logic might be a hint that time travel in La Brea has different rules that most other time travel shows.

"So is the son going to be in 1988?"

If he did land in 1988, I just hope he has the presence of mind to buy as much Apple and Microsoft stock as he possibly can.

I wonder....

Now that Gavin is back in the Under, if he returns to the Above via the 1988 route, and goes back to the Below *again* 30 years later, he'd be a very old man, like Silas! (Maybe Gavin is his own grandpa!)

I keep trying to figure out who Silas is.

I've even wondered if he is a much older Josh and now I can see how he very well could be.

If Josh did actually wind up in 1988, got rich in the stock market, started his own quest to find a way to save his parents and sister, and after 30 years or so, went back to the Under, he'd be 50-ish. One additional round trip like that and he'd be 80-ish.

This show has as many fun possibilities as it has logistical errors.

I just need to know how Ms Aldridge was able to build some kind of skyscraper in a world with no power tools, electricity, and all the assorted building materials needed for such a project.

Ooooh....it just occurred to me that maybe, rather than a "skyscraper", it's just some kind of scaffolding that would allow people to climb up to reach a green light portal in the sky. We already know of 4 sinkholes...there could be hundreds of them.

Gee, I keep thinking of stuff....Josh wouldn't necessarily have to make two trips to 1988 to get that old. Maybe Josh doesn't go back Below until 2050. And that makes me wonder even more. Maybe that tall structure Aldridge made was actually created by people (or maybe by Aldridge) in 2040 or say, 2075, etc... We already know that the 1988 route is a time tunnel to a different era, so maybe there are lots of different times they could go to. Hundreds of sinkholes in the Above could mean hundreds of possible time periods of the Below are accessible.

Oops. I see a rabbithole coming up around that last turn....so this post is done before I get dragged in any deeper. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"Now that Gavin is back in the Under, if he returns to the Above via the 1988 route, and goes back to the Below *again* 30 years later, he'd be a very old man, like Silas! (Maybe Gavin is his own grandpa!)"

If Josh did go to 1988, then unless he went back through some other sinkhole, he should be somewhere in the Above in the current timeline, like Gavin and Ella were.

But yes, if each sinkhole is a different time jump from the Above to the the Under, Josh could theoretically go back at any time if he found the right sinkhole. he just wastes years of his life to get from whatever time period he lands in, until a sinkhole develops that gets him close to where (when!) he wants to be.

Oh wow, I never thought about the building being a sort of ladder! Now you say it, why else to build something up, rather than just building housing or labs or whatever, depending on their needs. Thing is I strongly suspect Sanfran is smarter than the La Brea writers, and they might not have thought of that idea :-).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I cannot keep track of who is where, and when.

The wooly mammoth was cool..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, thanks for the compliment. :-)

As for the Mammoth. He (she?) seemed to be the right size for a mammoth. It looked to me like the beast was maybe 100 yards or more from those cliffs, not right next to them....the farther away the cliffs are, the smaller the cliffs appear.

Like this:
one
link to image source

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, it could have been perspective, it just looked so enormous!