TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Vampire Academy on Peacock

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Vampire Academy on Peacock users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, boy! If you were a fan of The Vampire Diaries and Legacies, you want to check this one out. Produced by Julie Plec (who also produced the aforementioned shows), Vampire Academy premiered this week on Peacock. The first four episodes were dropped on Thursday, with new episodes coming out on subsquent Thursdays.

I read all six Vampire Academy books and loved them (don't judge the series by the awful movie they made in 2014). If you're a reader, there was a spinoff series (another 6 books) called Bloodlines, which was even better.

Anyway, did anyone else watch this show? I've only seen the first episode so far, but so far I'm pleased and excited. Hope this one's a hit!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Babyjax I saw the promo and wondered if it was going to be good. I said YES, vampires are BACK! My husband started laughing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've watched two episodes, and so far it sticks pretty close to the books (but I read them several years ago, so my memory is flawed). I did read that they're going to play with timelines on this show and move events and characters around a bit from the books. I'm okay with that, as long as the writing is good.

And I still think Dmitri is miscast (as he was in the movie). He was supposed to be really tall and devastatingly good-looking. This actor is not. Can't wait to see Adrian (who I read is going to be brought in during the first season--he didn't show up till the second book in the series).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
If you loved The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, you will love this one, too! I just finished the season on Peacock, and I loved it. I read all the books, and the series mixed things up a bit, but still stayed true to the books (which were excellent). Highly recommend. I hope we get a second season. 🤞

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: