TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 24, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Thing About Pam: Archive through March 24, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I have seen 3 different names for this show, LOL, so I put 2 in the title and moved my comments here.

ABOUT PAM .. Did anyone watch this? It hasn't come on here yet but I have been intrigued by the commercials. Just wondering if anyone caught it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, the previews look hysterical. I love that it is sort of like Snapped/Dateline: Secrets Uncovered in that they have a narrator and I swear it is the guy who does those shows, or 48 hours, one of them.

There were a couple of slow points but I think that is just because they were laying the groundwork for the characters and storyline. I did really enjoy the story so far.

And so far, I think Pam is crazy as a loon, but maybe she is just a psycho, LOL. It is quite compelling in that I am dying to know what happens next and if we will ever get to the truth.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The full accurate title is "The Thing About Pam"

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I updated the title.

I’ll move some posts over as well (see below).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ABOUT PAM .. Did anyone watch this? It hasn't come on here yet but I have been intrigued by the commercials. Just wondering if anyone caught it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Definitely on my record list tonight! Can't wait!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Let us know.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, the previews look hysterical. I love that it is sort of like Snapped/Dateline: Secrets Uncovered in that they have a narrator and I swear it is the guy who does those shows, or 48 hours, one of them.

There were a couple of slow points but I think that is just because they were laying the groundwork for the characters and storyline. I did really enjoy the story so far.

And so far, I think Pam is crazy as a loon, but maybe she is just a psycho, LOL. It is quite compelling in that I am dying to know what happens next and if we will ever get to the truth.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded Something About Pam and will probably save my episodes for a binge-weekend.

I'm not surprised it has a Dateline feel to it (without having watched it). It was a Dateline special a few years ago when it aired. I want to say it aired over something like three nights (and then came the podcast).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It was Dateline revisited. Keith Morrison does the narration.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Renee Zellweger is perfect as Pam! And I barely recognized Judy Greer as the prosecutor. I love her!

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I'd like to listen to the podcast after this show is done, but I know nothing about them or how to find them - I can install a podcast player on my tablet, but don't know how to find the correct podcast - can anyone help?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tvwatcher you don't need an app.

All the places with the Pam podcast are listed horizontally above the big graphic at NBC.

https://www.nbcnews.com/thethingaboutpam

A couple are:

Apple Podcasts
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-thing-about-pam/id1479234915

and

Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/show/6ggmbItu0L9fPaRU3OmsCK

The hour long episodes aren't up yet. There seems to be just a short one so far with Renee Zellweger.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched The Thing About Pam. OMG that woman is irritating! Good show though and I plan to keep watching.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize this was based on a real event! How interesting.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
thanks Naja!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Me too...love it!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think this show may be a hoot. It doesn't appear to take itself seriously, almost a mockumentary style.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't believe I forgot this was on yesterday, was it on? I found episode 2 on the internet. Off to watch it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, it doesn't seem to be available so I will have to wait.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, how could that trial even try to be considered fair. And what is the deal with that prosecuting attorney, sure seems like prosecurial misconduct to me.

Off to read about the real situation, the whole trial was making me crazy for how bad it was, and I mean bad as in unfair.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
There was an article on this case in People Magazine. Pam was a master manipulator !
The actor playing the hubby is sorta pitiful and I look forward to seeing him get off.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Wikipedia has a long article about Pam. It's a fascinating and horrible read. There is more info on the prosecuting attorney and judge too.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Im loving this show!! Looking forward to finding out more about the real Pam.. off to read up

Im also loving Josh Duhamels look.. so perfect