TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Yellowjackets (on SHO): Archive through January 10, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought just having one person on watch with wolves around was not the best plan...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Sea, just delete it now. I was bummed when I heard it was 5 seasons because I feel they will drag it out but I like the show and will stick with it. I am just irritated it will be 5 years before I know everything!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The article I read said they pitched it as 5 years. Who knows what they actually agreed upon. So it could be less than 5 years.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sea, If you don't like the show or the characters, can you explain why you are still watching it? Just curious.

(I'm not being critical. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around why I do that myself sometimes.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Something compelling, and having some discussion here, I think. And the links posted. But that is not always the case. There are shows that are loved and discussed that I do not watch.

And some shows that I initially loved take turns and I end up dropping them..

Pamy there will come a day when I delete, or I have a triple conflict in recording and we'll see what I choose and then will I bother going to watch on demand? Maybe.
I guess I keep giving it a chance.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Sea IS NOT A QUITTER!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Scooter! Sea, to be honest, I'm not as into it as I was the first couple of eps.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m still enjoying it. I like that it has some gritty characters. Plus (unless I’ve been missing them) it’s rare to see a show with so many main characters being women.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I'm not into it as much as I was the first few episodes either, but I'll stick with it - I think there's only a few eps left?

I do like adult Misty though - she's a hoot LOL

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoy the Misty and Natalie characters (well, I actually enjoy all of them). I've always liked Juliette Lewis. She was so funny as the daughter in Christmas Vacation and I love that she has made a career out of playing tough gritty characters.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I find it hard to enjoy a character who likes torturing people who cannot fight back.. like the nursing home patients.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well maybe “enjoy” isn’t the right word. Many TV shows and movies have less than perfect characters (or even horrifying characters) but I still enjoy watching the show and liking or disliking the characters.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm intrigued by these characters. They are a bit different and complex.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sorry I'm late with this.

Episode 8 recap

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just watched the latest ep. Some shocking moments but I feel like this show went downhill as the season went on. I dont know that I would even watch the 2nd season

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
eta...this ep almost seemed like a parody of the show. The scene when Jeff exclaims 'there's no book club??!!' was so laughable it took me out of the show

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is on tonight.. seems the week went fast.

I read the description and maybe I will watch later.. just didn't appeal.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have a few problems with the show at this point. One is that the characters have become so unlikable that I simply don’t care about any of them. Another problem is it is so unrealistic. They keep saying how they are miserable and starving but they all look great, they have lots of energy and their clothes barely look dirty. Obviously, the show producers have never watched Survivor. Pretty disappointing for a show that had a great premise.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Right Jimmer. I was trying to figure out how long they had been out there and then Laura Lee said she had been reading the "flight manual" for a couple of weeks. You are also correct that most of them are very unlikable.

And why does Juliette Lewis always look like she sucked on 10 lemons?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Juliette Lewis’ characters always look so weathered.

I was doing the same thing. Trying to figure out how long they’d been there and thinking maybe a few days. But as you said, that doesn’t add up for a number of reasons. Another is the girl who almost had her face torn off has healed up amazingly well (unlikely in itself). And how long would it take and how hard would it have been to clear that whole path for the plane?

Like I said, great premise, but the execution is lacking.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Right... when I saw that path that had been cleared for the plane, I was like "whu?"

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The girl who flew the plain said "I've been studying the flight manual for weeks". I took it as many weeks, not a couple.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ooops, I meant "plane".

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
My mom had an old farm expression for someone that looked like Juliet 'rode hard and put away wet'

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL yes Pamy that's a good description.

All those examples we've mentioned show that they've been hanging out there for weeks.

Shauna is a scary cold character. She just viciously killed a harmless guy she was having an affair with and it doesn't appear that she is even slightly conflicted over it. Plus her husband seems more than okay with her having an affair and killing the guy because she's letting him off the hook for messing up financially.