TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
AMC+

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: AMC+ users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Get 1 year for $23.88 IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is AMC+ free this week or something? I never signed up for it but it's letting me play the shows. Could someone else that has never signed up for AMC+ check if they can play it through their tv provider box? I have Xfinity.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have free Epix this weekend on DirecTV, but not AMC+.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It must have been a glitch because it stopped letting me play them now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DS and I sat down yesterday afternoon to finally try to watch Season 6 of Better Call Saul. I subscribed to AMC+ to do so, but then we find out that Season 6 is no longer on AMC+. It's nowhere to be found. Ugh! Why do they do this to us? It hasn't been that long since it aired. Now we have to wait. Why????!!!!

ETA: I know it's available on Amazon, but they want $24.99 to buy the whole season. That sucks!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What a strange business decision. Surely it would bring in viewers?!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Better Call Saul is now on Netflix or On Demand. Do you have Netflix?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Netflix only has seasons 1-5, not the new season 6.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh go figure...when I read the seasons available it says 1 thu 6...but when you go to it ...it does not have seasons 6. Sorry for the false hope lol...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
How about signing up for free trial Philo or Fubol etc binge watching then canceling...or wait until April for Netfix

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched seasons 1-5 on Netflix. Thought we'd need to purchase AMC+ app to watch season 6, so we put it off. Now it's too late.

Sincebb1, did you see somewhere that season 6 will be released on Netflix in April? I Googled it, and everything I saw said it would probably be 2 years.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Do you use a VPN that can switch countries for anything? Better Call Saul season 6 was available in the UK earlier this year, just tried to confirm it still was and it looks like it is, but not there right now so can't tell for sure.

If you have a US account for Netflix (or Amazon Prime, Disney+ etc.), if you login when you're in the UK you see the shows that are available to UK subscribers, which are different from US ones. So I presume if you have a VPN that you can set to UK, then you would see the UK offerings too. You might even be able to download them on the app so you only have to do it once, as some series allow downloads.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I tried to do what you mentioned and it didn’t work for me.

I first tried (on iPad), without logging out of my Netflix account, I switched my VPN to the UK. My options in my Netflix account switched to the UK but I could not play BCS season six. I would get an error message.

I then logged out of my Netflix account. Set my VPN to UK. Logged in to Netflix with my US account. I then could not access BCS at all, but I appeared to have a different UK Home Screen. Weird! It’s like they know we are messing around. 😂 When I try to play any of the UK offerings I get an error message, but shows I also have access to in US can be played.

The only way around this would be to set up a fake UK account, I think.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Baby , yes I read that season 6 would be out in April. I can't tell you where right now...but it was a very recent article.

Not saying that whoever wrote it was correct lol. I'll try and see if I can find it again

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh that's a shame, I thought it would work, I guess they are too clever for that!

Making a Netflix UK account wouldn't work as you'd need to subscribe as a UK user and pay again. :-(

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I can't find the original one I read. But in August on Decider.com they write a similar timeline. The article I read was more recent...but this says early 2023..inline with the one I read that said April

"The fifth season of Better Call Saul concluded in April of 2020 and was added to Netflix in April of 2022. Based on the show’s streaming history, we’d normally expect the final season to hit Netflix in mid-to-late 2023 (at the earliest). But as What’s On Netflix points out, it only took five months for the final season of Breaking Bad to premiere on Netflix. Since this is the final installment of the the series, it’s possible that Better Call Saul Season 6 could premiere on Netflix in early 2023.

Unfortunately, we’re in a wait and see situation because Netflix has yet to announce an official release date"

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they are basing access to the payment account. Drat

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My IT whiz DS found all episodes in Season 6 online. We're going to start watching tomorrow.😁

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, December 17, 2022 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol good for you! Goes to show...you really can find anything if you dig hard enough!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well, even though this is also on AMC in addition to AMC+ I figured it close enough

Mayfair Witches was excellent. If they had dropped all the episodes together...I would probably have stayed up all night to watch!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping it wasn't too confusing for people not familiar with the story. I've read the book a couple of times, but it still took me a while to confirm which time the women were in, which was the actual flashback and so on. I enjoyed it, but I'm worried people might have found it boring, especially compared to Interview with the Vampire.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have never read the book. It wasn't confusing to me. I'm sure when you have read the book you have such a better knowledge of what's going on. But I never felt confused with what they offered the viewers. I really liked it...actually more than Interview with the Vampire.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The thing that got me most was the shot where they transitioned from old-Deirdre's eyes to Rowan's eyes. I think they were highlighting the witchy eyes that ran through the women in the family, but if I saw that presented in other shows I would assume the two women were the same person, in different time periods (Rowan being the young version of the woman in the chair).

But I'm glad it wasn't confusing to you. They need to keep viewers as I really want them to give this show a chance, the story is so rich and involved it would be such a shame to cut it short.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I DID initially assume that at first, that it was the same woman. But they later made it clear they were related.

From the epilogue, I gathered that in the book author must have waited to introduce the birth of Rowan? Sounds like there must be some juggling around of timelines and events from the book to the series?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode and liked it enough to check out more. Some parts dragged a bit, but the story is interesting and I like the lead actress.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I can't remember for sure. I think it started off with Rowan and a character that hasn't been introduced yet, I don't remember the Deirdre story until later, either her as an old woman or the backstory. I think Lasher was introduced more slowly too.

The book series is three long books, I don't know how far they intend to go this season but I think they will be quite hard to adapt. Hopefully they can get the feeling of it right, and that will be enough for tv. A lot of the Interview with the Vampire plot is different/condensed too.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The movie/series is rarely better than the book, I have found. But I guess if you never read the book you won't be disappointed.

One of first books I think I read before the movie was the Exorcist. The movie was such a disappointment. It just took all the scary parts and mashed them together without any of the storytelling and history the book provided. So now I'd rather see the movie or series 1st and then read the book if I like it. At least that way it gets better lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That makes sense :-). All of the Anne Rice books are just feasts. It's strange, I have no visual imagination but her descriptions are so luscious you just kind of feel them. Definitely worth reading... eventually!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mayfair Witches: does anyone find Lasher sexy? Or intriguing? Or even charismatic? He just seems mean right now.

Feels like they should have chosen someone who was more appealing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
For me he doesn't possess the charisma I would assume his character should have. He is handsome..but not "intoxicating". So I agree with you.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The actor is almost unrecognizable compared to where I know him from. He was Richard on "Boardwalk Empire" and half his face was blown off in the war so he wore half of a mask over it. He's definitely more handsome and charismatic compared to that role.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2023 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mayfair Witches watchers: I'm wondering if they've reimagined this to the point where Lasher is essentially a stalker.

They seem to have a group of incels who think women are taking everything away from them, to the point of burning women they think are witches (presumably most of them are not witches).

They have very much a female empowerment storyline, both with Rowan being an independently minded surgeon, and with the Mayfair women being the strength of their family.

So it would be on message if they changed Lasher from an attractive and irresistable (even though he caused harm) force to simply a stalker who things he's charming but actually is completely unwanted, at least for Rowan and perhaps Deirdre too, and just won't take the hint and go away. Yes, he's an actual spirit (or whatever he is) but he's basically a menace, rather than a partner(?) to the designees, and gaslights them into thinking they can't do anything without him (like them believing Rowan wouldn't be a surgeon were she not his designee).

That would tie in to the character having zero charisma, and I still can't get over the miscasting if he's meant to be the Lasher from the books!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't know why I originally put this in Another thread. But I'll post it again here, because this is the relevant thread for AMC plus:

So I go to watch mayfair witches as usual, On my AMC plus subscription through Amazon. It Has a little yellow Padlock and it says I must subscribe or buy. Then I start looking at other things that are AMC+ exclusive, they also have padlocks.

I call Amazon prime video and ask what is going on. Customer service says that AMC+ has pulled episode 2 and 7 From available episodes with Prime! WHAT??? I said it's not like I get a discounted rate. How the heck is that OK to pull Episodes from a season?

I see there are also others series that have pulled episodes or the entire season...what is going on Amazon?

Anyway I asked for a refund for this month and I'm gonna just go straight to AMC and purchase there I will save money because I can get yearly subscription which is not offered thru Prime.

Unfortunately now though I lose all my bookmarks and saved shows Etc. What a pain

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Actually AMC told me I would lose all my info. I used the same email address and password from Amazon...and my lists and bookmarks and what is the next episode I haven't watched, is all there...yea! And I saved 20% from my Amazon/AMC± subscription. I'm going to look at my other subscriptions to see if by getting them directly from the streaming network I can save with annual subscriptions as opposed to monthly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: