TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 08, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Facts of Life / Different Strokes Live: Archive through December 08, 2021 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They are doing it again this year! :-) It will air on ABC, Tuesday, December 7.

"Live in Front of a Studio Audience" is presenting "Facts of Life" and "Different Strokes"

The cast of Different Strokes will include John Lithgow as Mr. Drummond, Damon Wayans as Willis, Ann Dowd as Mrs. Garret, and.... wait for it.... Kevin Hart as Arnold! hahaha!

The cast of Facts of life will be released in a few days.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
can't wait!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Ann Dowd will be Mrs. Garret in both of them. That would make the most sense, but I think it would be hard to do both live shows one after the other.

eta: I am so used to Ann Dowd playing the horrible Aunt Lydia it will be hard to think of her as wonderful Mrs. Garret.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 19, 2021 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant wait to see her in this role!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 20, 2021 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Love Ann Dowd! Hubby and I saw her in something else (we watch a lot of Acorn and BritBox), and I was saying "Aunt Lydia!" the whole time. I'm sure she'll play Mrs. Garret in both parts. It's only two half hour shows (40 minutes when you count commercials), less than doing a Broadway play. She's a professional!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 20, 2021 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm more into seeing how Kevin Hart will play little Arnold. This is all going to be so fun and silly.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw the cast of "The Facts of Life"!

Gabrielle Union as "Tootie", Kathryn Hahn as "Jo", Allison Tolman as "Natalie", Jennifer Aniston as "Blair" (haha),

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, this sounds like fun! Can't wait!!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Somebody please post the day this airs to remind the rest of us this is on.

Since I cut the cord, I have no clue what's on when or where. Lol!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tues, Dec. 7th on ABC. It's at the top of this page in the first post.

We cut the cord two years ago. I see an occasional commercial, but I mostly get new shows by word of mouth (ie reading the posts in this group). We have Hulu Live with no ads, so we rarely see a commercial (mainly live events if we forgot to record).

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
So these are the grown up versions of the characters? Why not use the real actresses? I thought this was a reboot of the original. So confused! LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Remember, they replay actual old episodes. So the adult actors will be playing children/teens.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m confused. Sounds kind of odd to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's going to be silly fun with adults play acting that they are teens or children.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I set it up to record. Should be nostalgic fun.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 01, 2021 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm recording it as well. I am surprised they didn't cast young talent, but I think part of the fun is that actors this age likely grew up watching these shows, so that adds to the nostolgia. And anyone who's watched Pen15 knows that older actors can do justice to their young characters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you can watch last night's Jimmy Kimmel (Dec 6), he has the whole cast as guests.

OH! And it's on tonight! On ABC!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I just don’t understand using adult actors. And if they are using adult actors, why not use the original actors who are the same as now as the actors playing the parts.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am watching now and still don’t understand! LOL the REAL Tootie, Natalie (bless her heart, what happened to her face?) and Blair opened the show.
And seeing Jennifer Aniston (who I love) playing a high school student is just bizarre.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I did not like Aniston as Blair, she played it too serious. I thought the Different Strokes remake was better, there was something off about The Facts Of Life. Kevin was great.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I was coming to post the same as Lakecat. I enjoyed Different Strokes but Facts of Life was bizarre. Half playing it straight, half goofy. And what is up with Aniston’s face? She looks like she has had so much filler and botox that she is partially slurring her words. Surprised because she was one of the people who talked to Courtney Cox about that and got her to stop. But glad i watched and didnt give up because Different Strokes hit thenright balance. Kevin Hart was a great casting choice.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Eta. Anyone watch the sitcom premiere that followed? Abbott Elementary? Was kinda cute!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I started watching the Facts of life and turned it off after the first few minutes. However, I thought Different strokes was great. Perfect casting of Mr Drumond, Willis, and, of course, Kevin Hart. When he got on Mr. Drummond’s lap, well that was so funny. And trying to climb down from the bunk bed. I thought that one was good. It kept me entertained.
I hear that this all started because Jimmy Kimmel thought that Kevin Hart would make a perfect Arnold. It all evolved from there.
I watched Abbott Elementary.... not bad. I liked the main teacher character and the one played by Sherri Ralph Lee? Fun to see the grown up Everybody Loves Chris actor in a role. I would watch this again.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Where was Nancy McKeon (sp?)?
I felt Ann Dowd did an amazing Mrs. Garrett. And the actress nailed “Jo” too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
All of them actually did projects over the past couple years so it does seem weird that Nancy wasn't there for this. She still looks great, so it can't be that.

It was so sad when Todd Bridges was doing the introduction and we were reminded that every single one of his cast mates is dead.

For me, Kevin Hart was the highlight of the night, and Kathryn Hahn as Jo was perfect casting.

My biggest laugh out loud moment was when Kevin was sitting in John Lithgow's lap. LOL!