TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 26, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Christmas Season Movies: Archive through November 26, 2021 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is the one they posted on Facebook yesterday.

Christmas 2015

ABC Family

https://www.facebook.com/abcfamily

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Here are the movies that will be showing on ION
http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2015/10/ion-announces-new-christmas-movies-for.html?m=1

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
This list covers all the channels
http://www.mostlychristmas.com/tvsched.php

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
"I absolutely adore Christmas movies. Their intent is to make you feel warm, loved, and content"

Misspoufy - that's a great way to say it, and I totally agree. My husband and I have a pile of Christmas movies we watch every single year:
Elf, The Santa Clause (I, 2 and 3), Fred Claus, Millions (love this movie) Miracle on 34th Street (any version - well, maybe not the David Hartman version), Christmas in Connecticut, The Shop Around the Corner, The Holiday and the Family Stone.
The one movie I can't watch anymore is It's a Wonderful Life. I don't know if its because i have seen it too many times, or most of it just seems really depressing to me. I like happy Jimmy Stewart much better in Shop Around the Corner.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Awww, Christmas In Connecticut. LOVE, love, love that movie.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I've been happily bingeing on Christmas TV-movies too since November. :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Me too!

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Don't you wonder how many times we have seen some of these movies?

Gurliegirl - when you watch Christmas in Connecticut, don't you wish you could just step into that house? I LOVE that house.
And the characters in that movie are just so awesome. I think it's my favorite Barbara Stanwyck film.

I just thought of another old favorite we used to have on VHS but haven't seen in a long time - The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant.
I will have to look at some of the older movie channels and see if they are broadcasting it this year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My all time favorite house in a Christmas movie is the McCallister's home in Home Alone. I was sad to see that when the house was up for sale in the real world, everything was painted plain white, with no pizzazz.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Naja - that is a great house, I agree.

A lot of my favorite movies are because of the houses. I love to go to hookedonhouses.net
She has all the movie and tv houses and lots of fun trivia facts

The right feel of the house just makes the movie. Christmas movies, especially.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Put a "www." in front of the link of you'll get an error message. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can get to it this way. What a fun place!

http://hookedonhouses.net/

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Sorry about the bad link. Thanks for fixing it Naja.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Oooh! That site looks great. I know where I'll spend some time today. :-)

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
The Christmas movie, The Holiday" had two awesome houses. I loved both the California house and the cottage, but I think the cottage has a much better Christmas feel with the snow and roaring fireplaces. It has such a cozy feel.
It's such a sweet movie, and I think the two little British girls are adorable.
(Both houses are on the Hooked on Houses website)

One of the old movie channels had "It happened on 5th Avenue" on the other day. That is a really sweet old movie and a Christmas one that I had never even heard of until a few years ago.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Scout, I was just coming here to mention "It Happened on 5th Ave"!

It is one of my favorites. Gale Storm plays a young woman, so you know it is an old movie. 1947

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I've been reading everyone's posts and thinking I've never seen Christmas in Conneticut or the 5th Avenue. My cable provider only seems to have them listed on demand and they are charging for them. Grinches. Then I remembered a DVD I bought last year and both of them are on it along with The Shop around the corner and lots of other stuff.

I watched the Holiday Affair with Robert Mitchum on TCM today.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Don't forget to check out your local library in their DVD section!

The other day my DS walked in and asked "since when do you watch the Hallmark Movie Channel?" I replied "ever since they started their Christmas movie season. It makes for great background sound as I do other things. Yes, I have become my mother, sigh.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kellie Pickler's new Christmas movie, "The Mistletoe Secret", is adorable. It's a Hallmark movie. I want to make sure Dipo doesn't miss one of the repeat showings.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahaha, I saw it, LOL. I thought it was good, I have a twitter friend who hated it, and she loves all Christmas movies.

She doesn't think Kellie can act, LOL, but I enjoyed the movie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL

I like Kellie so much. I think she's always worth watching.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow night, Thurs, Dec 19,
FX channel is premiering their own version of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", and it looks scary!

https://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/fxs-a-christmas-carol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Probably won't watch, but Kellie is really adorable and entertaining as herself. Funny, too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Everything above this post is from past years.

--------------------------------
--------------------------------

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Remember the first time The Waltons were on tv in the the Christmas movie "The Homecoming: A Christmas Story" (1971). Well they have remade it to commemorate its 50Th anniversary, and it's airing this Sunday night, Nov 28, on CW.

This time it's called:
"The Waltons' Homecoming (2021)"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cw-waltons-homecoming-reboot-original-cast-classic-holiday-movie

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that’s amazing. I’ll have to take a look at this one!