TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Facts of Life / Different Strokes Live

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Facts of Life / Different Strokes Live users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 08, 2021Naja25 12-08-21  6:50 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree about Anistons face. The lighting was really bad bc it wasn’t kind to Jason Bateman and a few others too. I would have much preferred to see the original actresses play their parts instead of the ones that did.The Facts of Life seemed like a highschool production, and a poor one at that.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Julieboo Nancy McKeon played Jo in the original

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
It was so sad when Todd Bridges was doing the introduction and we were reminded that every single one of his cast mates is dead.

I agree, Naja. I wanted to reach through the screen and give him a hug.

Lisa Welchel has barely aged! She looked great.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When I saw Jennifer Aniston, I thought it was the makeup that made her look differEnt. It seemed much lighter than she normally wears.
I think Nancy McKeon has given up on anything related to tv and Facts of Life. She’s moved on.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Sorry I misunderstood Julieboo's question above :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it seems odd that they didn't have the original actors, but maybe that is part of the fun? I thought most of the Facts of Life were fairly good except Aniston. She just didn't have the spunk of Blair. I did enjoy seeing Bateman and Arnett as those guys make me laugh. But having three unknown guy characters with so much screen time hurt the episode I think, because we don't remember those other characters.

As for Different Strokes, I had no idea Keven Hart is so short, but he was perfect for Arnold as the other actors were so tall. And that was a fun one to watch.

Did you catch the commercials? Those ones that were square format were clever throwbacks. The oscar meyer one was a hoot and the ketchup one with the party line phone number. I called and it was a recording of Jimmy Kimmel.

I'm glad I watched this as a fun diversion down memory lane.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I forgot how funny it was to see Snoop Dogg (That wig!), and the joke they put in about him! At the end Kevin/Arnold says to Willis "Hey Willis, how come Vernon always smell like weed?" haha

I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the original script.LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, not in the original script. I just read a review of the shows that indicates they should do more of that. And more casting of people who can bring a new comedic edge to the role like Snoop dog and Kevin Hart did. I think it's a great idea. No reason they can't update a few lines in the script while still in keeping with the original.

The reviewer also wondered about Anistons poor performance. For sure.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you made me look
Nancy McKeon is still an active actress and also does cartoon voices.
She was on a TV series Panic this year, did a hallmark movie, was on dancing with the stars in 2018. she does some stuff every year.
Generally stays out of the spotlight.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The commercials were hysterical!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The one with shoulder pads that were Jack in the Box burgers! haha

They put the commercials together as a montage on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yKx5x8NalY

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I just read through all your posts and everyone covered the details nicely. Someone mentioned "Natalie", Mindy Cohn's face, which to me, had a frozen appearance and certainly caught my attention. I enjoyed both shows but Kevin Hartman as Arnold made Different Strokes really good. And yes, the commercials were funny.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 09, 2021 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
When Lisa Welchel was on the Collectors show she said she lives in Texas, near to Nancy McKeon.

She said she went to Nancy's house and borrowed the open/closed sign that Nancy 'lifted' from the set.

I think Nancy is still proud of the Facts of Life.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 09, 2021 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found this.

"Explaining Nancy’s absence, she[Lisa] said, “Nancy was home and they just recently moved and her kids just got into school, so it was difficult for her to make the trip out.”

https://extratv.com/2021/12/08/lisa-whelchel-reveals-why-nancy-mckeon-missed-facts-of-life-live-show/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: