TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 16, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: La Brea: Archive through November 16, 2021 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" But the one who was dead inside the handprint seemed the original age, whereas the ones in the fort had had grandchildren??!"

If Time travel is the culprit, we should keep in mind that the group of men who arrived there previously came from a different sinkhole located in a different place at a different time.

Maybe....the guys in that picture arrived at different times - minutes, hours, days or decades apart. Maybe the dead guy just landed there last week.

Or....maybe the dead guy was the grandson of the guy who was in the picture and had a strong resemblance to his ancestor. His face was a bit of a mess so it could be difficult to correctly identify him.

Time travel science (officially referred to as "Timetravology") is only what you want it to be....or what the writers tell you it is.

We just need to wait for more fictional timetravology science to learn this show's particular rules for how it works.

:-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yes for the stick, but before when the few were inthe cave, they had to swim under the water to get out of the cave and one woman was wearing a fur jacket that would have been drenched but somehow she came out of the water dry and was not pulled under by the weight of the wet fur.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought the guy that was dead was part of the same mission where the two women had also lost their loved ones? Three years ago?

Same mission that the woman leader of the hand clan was from, when she told her people not to kill the new ones?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! About the hair, clothing etc.. in both water scenes..

And had they gone into the water all armed with sticks and stakes... and been watching.. they might have seen and fought off that snake sooner. After all, WE could see the snake through the water..

I am liking some of them. Others, not so much.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have had it with Eve. I am ready for her to be killed off. enough already with making decisions for everyone and involving a crazy person. Needless death, destruction of only chance to leave. stupid bossy lady.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Except she was right.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
We...we learned an important fact about "timetravology" in this ep.

The "past people" learned that the plane had crashed because the "today people" found it underground where it had lain buried for 10,000 years. They had said that wreckage had "appeared" without explaining what that meant.

At the end of the episode, the husband asked one of the government people "What about the debris at the dig site?" (in reference to that buried airplane wreckage) and Government guy replied. "It disappeared. It looks like your wife got the message."

Aha!

Now we know for sure that in this particular time travel story, you CAN change history. That plane had crashed and wreckage was found 10,000 years later, in the present. However, when Eve stopped the plane from taking off, it could not crash, and, in fact, it did not crash at all....so the wreckage disappeared in present day because the crash never happened.

Huh?

UNLESS they created a new alternate timeline, one in which the plane crashed and another one where it never took off.

I'm wondering about that because when history shifted and the wreckage disappeared, the people in present day still knew about that wreckage and that it disappeared. How could they know that if it never happened? It's like if someone went back in time and accidentally killed your mother before your brother was born, would you remember that brother and know that he vanished? I think not.

If it wasn't an alternate timeline, and that crash was undone, nobody in present day would remember that wreckage because they would never find it because it never happened. Period. But if it is an alternative timeline, that would mean there are multiple timelines so far.....at least 2...In one of them, the plane crashed and that timeline would continue on based on those facts. In the other timeline, it did not crash and whatever happens thereafter is in the alternate timeline....the one we are watching.

But in present day, they have seen BOTH results..."crash" and the uncrash"....

But then again, sci-fi gets to make up it's own laws of physics and logic, I guess. If I can accept that going down a sinkhole will drop you into the past, I should be able to talk myself into believing some screwed up timetravology logic, too. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well they never tried out, "it was repaired" which was the third choice. and these people don't know the wreckage disappeared, all they know is she took their choice away.
And it is possible the plane disappeared because the two found and fixed a problem.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the Under timeline and the Above timeline are tethered somehow. The Under timeline became tethered some time in the past, presumably with the first sinkhole/nexus (which might not have been the Mojave one), and since then decisions affecting the future made in the UnderUnder change the future the very second the decision is made.

So think of both timelines running linearly. Once a moment in either place, Up or Down, is experienced it's experienced and can't change. And as one minute passes in the Above, one minute also passes in the tethered UnderUnder. But as the Above's linear timeline is in the future of the Under's linear timeline, a change in the UnderUnder can change the future moments in the tethered linear timeline of the Above.

So say it's 1pm on 1st June -10,000 BC in the Under when they arrive, and it's 1pm on 1st October 2021 AD in the Above when they leave.

Levi arrives 2pm 5th June -10,000BC in the Under. He crashes, so from that point in the Above (2pm 5th October 2021) they could find his original crash site, if they were looking for it.

5pm 6th June -10,000BC Levi and the woman "fix" the plane in the Under. At this point the plan is set that they will fly out, but as the plane isn't really fixed, they will crash en route. So from that matching point in the Above (5pm 6th October 2021) they could find the new crash if they looked for it, as the decision had been made in the Under which means it would crash there in the Under timeline, and remain in that position for 12,000 years until it was found in the Above timeline.

1pm 7th June -10,000BC Eve sabotages the plane so it will not crash. So from that matching point in the above (1pm 7th October 2021) the plane is back to being in its original crash site (where they were fixing it) and disappears from the other crash site.

I think that all works out, from how it's played so far.

If Levi and the woman actually fixed the problem that made it crash during the escape (what Sadies said) before Eve sabotaged it, then there could have been an hour before 1pm 7th October 2021 when the crash was in neither place, as the plane was going to successfully leave the Under at some point. The Above wouldn't know the plane would arrive until time had passed in the Under to make that happen. I.e. if it took another 24 hours for the Under to get the plan back through the Nexus, then it wouldn't arrive at the Above for 24 hours either.

But from earlier sciency mistakes, I think this show will probably be inconsistent with all this, and something completely against the rules they seem to be establishing will happen because they didn't notice (or didn't care). Although the last few episodes don't seem as bad as the first couple for that.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And it is possible the plane disappeared because the two found and fixed a problem."

My point is that there are two different things that happened 10,000 years ago (plane crash and no plane crash). People in the present know the plane wreckage was there. But they also know that it disappeared (for whatever reason).

Either it was buried there or it wasn't. Each of those results stem from a different event that happened 10,000 years earlier. However, the people in the present have witnessed the results of BOTH events (plane crash and no plane crash).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 03, 2021 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think the Under timeline and the Above timeline are tethered somehow."

I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking it was like "Outlander"....Claire goes into the past for say...10 years, and when she returns to the present it's 10 years later, not the moment she left to go to the past.

But it's all so complicated. A little TOO complicated for network TV, IMHO. But then again, network TV never shies away from a story that it cannot finish or explain...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's been renewed for a season 2!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Cool! It's not as well written as I would like, but I'm into mindless entertainment these days.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah it's very watchable.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I agree Kitt, it's very watchable and I'm glad to hear there will be a Season 2.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching. Once I got past the fact that it isn't "Lost", it's not bad.

Sanfran, as aways, I absolutely love your analysis. So much fun!

In fact, I love everyone's comments. It makes it so much more enjoyable to be able to see everyone's thoughts.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 13, 2021 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Why is everyone so clean on this show? Did a shower stall, a battery operated washer/dryer, along with iron and ironing board, fall down the sinkhole, too??

I noticed right after the big storm *and* after Eve had helped dig people out of a pile of rubble *during* that storm, Eve and all her cream/beige clothing looked like they were just picked up at the dry cleaners a few minutes before.

Sinkhole to another time? I'll accept it.

People remaining immaculate after manually digging pulling rocks and rubble from a cave-in? I just don't buy it.

Image taken from the episode that aired this week:
eveclean

Of course, now they they have access to a truck trailer of fresh clothes from that wardrobe truck they found....but Eve is wearing the same thing in the above photo that she wore during her excavation of that rubble.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 13, 2021 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, it's the wonder of TV land!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 13, 2021 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is watchable and mockable..

Interesting that the various animals seem to appear and then never are seen again.. Bring back the giant sloth!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, November 14, 2021 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Watchable and mockable...

"That's a perfect description for this show.

I enjoy this show, but I constantly laugh at all the (sink)holes in the plot.

I do wish that the wardrobe truck had been wardrobe for a different time period...so when their own clothes had to be replaced, they'd only have flapper dresses or zoot suits to wear...or better yet, fancy frilly lace outfits designed for a Louis XIV period piece. :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, November 14, 2021 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why is everyone so clean on this show? Did a shower stall, a battery operated washer/dryer, along with iron and ironing board, fall down the sinkhole, too??

LOL exactly! As I mentioned, they can splash away in water and minutes later appear stylish and comfortable. They are the best looking bunch of people roughing it outdoors in history. Though I will give the writers some minor credit for writing in a handy wardrobe truck.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 14, 2021 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They might take a clue from those who have been there long term and start working on some furs and skins if they are to endure those cold snaps.

Or maybe they won't even show the wind and cold weather again?

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Whoa!!! Did anyone watch this tonight? My mind is blown! lol!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So now Isaiah is Gavin? That's weird, but that's how these shows about time travel are. Weird and convoluted.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Why on earth did they choose such a Scandinavian looking little boy for the very Irish looking Gavin?

So Gavin must be 35-40. And can't remember (until now) coming up from the Under, so presumably he's not much older than he is (as Isaiah) in the show. But if they bring him up now, he'll be that age in 2021 not 1991. Or there'll be some sort of metaphysical dichotomy when he meets his older self and they'll both disappear .