TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: La Brea: Archive through October 29, 2021 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes..lol..If we have learned ONE thing about time travel... You may not change anything.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Orrrrr...... it's an alternate universe in an earlier time, linked through that big stone with the ring next to it

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought they always changed something in various star treks and the changes tended to be little things.
One of my favorite scenes in Depp space 9 was the federation time watchers interviewing the captain for time traveling and changing things. Why and how he changed things,

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Temporal Investigations! Some of those episodes were excellent.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, October 08, 2021 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Yes. In DS9, a few of them travelled to Kirk's time and brought back Tribbles. Tribbles had been extinct until then. Very funny and entertaining episode.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, October 15, 2021 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
A former weather man, who was our local weather man has talked about how this show is completely impossible. Well, duh!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I gave up on this show after watching for about 5 minutes yesterday and realizing I just didn't care about any of them. I'm out!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the most recent episode (I probably will tonight) but that is my issue with the show as well.

It's an interesting premise but, unlike Lost (since the comparison has been made on the show itself), the characters aren't remotely as interesting. Lost did a wonderful job of developing the characters and generating suspense and interest through their detailed backstories. I cared about the characters on Lost but I'm having trouble caring about any of these people. It's not enough to have an interesting premise if I don't care what happens to the characters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 16, 2021 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I perked up when they found the body in the cave. I'll stick with it for awhile.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For time travel, I will always favor the late Anne McCaffrey.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Huh. I found the characters likeable.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Some were, some not so much. I have only watched episode 1, though, and there seems to be a lot of individual running around.

It was odd that the giant wolf did not immediately kill or immobilized the guy he dragged off and I would not expect any wolf of coyote to grab the material of the pants of a prey animal, so that was interesting.

Maybe I will watch more on demand.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like they made that necklace/pendant the husband dug up look old now. It was shiny silver when he first found it, but it was all dark and tarnished when the new guy arrived and handed it to her.

They should hire a better person to handle continuity issues like that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought I figured that part out, SFJ, but after I typed it all out it made NO sense! hahaha

It had to do with not being able to exist in 2 places and the item changing when it passed the time line twice in the same direction. But then my head exploded.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
SanFran, I think the discolouration is because the necklace/ring is now 10,000 years old?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But it wasn't when he pulled it out of the dirt in the first or second episode.

I think once the show got picked up after the pilot they probably got a few more staff who realised they had some back correcting to do!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"SanFran, I think the discolouration is because the necklace/ring is now 10,000 years old?"

Rissa, When the husband found the necklace, he had to dig it up. He only knew where it was because he'd had a vision that showed him where his wife dropped it (next to the rock with a hand painted on it).

When the husband dug it up, it looked shiny and new and that is the same necklace that they "carbon dated"(bad sci-fi science) and found it to be 10,000 yrs old. This is the exact same necklace that the new guy(who just arrived to "primitive world") handed to her and we saw that it was now all dark and tarnished.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, gotcha. I was thinking it was discoloured when pulled from dirt as well. Gotta stop multi tasking while watching tv. Lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So, I am caught up.

The giant sloth was very cool.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
This show even has their own "Others."

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Highest rated new show. Should get a full-season pickup.

I'm still in the dark. I like the possible plotlines with the new plane and such. Some of the characters are likable...but it's not like Lost, where every character was intriguing. I'm in though, as I love these kinds of shows.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing the people at the fort are the original eight or so in the picture the new guy (who came in the new plane) had. But the one who was dead inside the handprint seemed the original age, whereas the ones in the fort had had grandchildren??!

Just googled the distance from the Mojave desert (where the first sinkhole opened) and La Brea. It's about 200 miles as the crow flies. Bit of a coincidence they ended up there, especially as the Mojave area seemed quite hospitable back then.

quote:

The environment of the Mojave Desert 10,000 years ago, in the system of lakes, was very different from what it is today. Water and vegetation were abundant with large numbers of animals present. With the animals, followed man.

The humans of the “Lake Mojave” period led a relatively simple life moving randomly up and down the string of lakes hunting the large animals who frequented the area. Maintaining a simple but efficient “stone age” technology, moving about frequently and carrying his belongings with them, these people left relatively little evidence of their passing. The sites of their living and hunting camps, usually located around ancient shorelines of these lakes, tell us little of the overall way of life of these people.

https://ekhms.weebly.com/prehistoric-period.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not a big deal but when the group was going to walk across the water.. the woman leading them had a stick and declared the area shallow and threw the stick away!

Why on earth would one not keep the stick and why assume that the water would not get deeper? That was odd.

But it really seems like the tigers and wolves not caught in the traps set by the residents of the fort would have eaten a good number of the new arrivals by now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sea... I thought the exact same thing about throwing that stick away!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The other thing about the water is none of them took their shoes off or even attempted to roll up their clothing. Walking around in wet squishy shoes and clothing is no fun. But I guess it didn't matter as they magically seemed to dry out in about five minutes.

All of the above griping aside, I am starting to warm up a bit to the characters.