TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 18, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Dexter: New Blood: Archive through August 18, 2021 users admin

Boberg

10-04-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Dexter will be returning this Fall in November on Showtime for season 9. Can't wait!
https://www.sho.com/dexter

Any other fans out there?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yes! Can't wait!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So cool! The fandom wiki page has some awesome info.

Set 10 years after Dexter went missing in the eye of Hurricane Laura, the series finds him living under an assumed name in the small town of Iron Lake, New York. Dexter may be embracing his new life, but in the wake of unexpected events in this close-knit community, his Dark Passenger beckons.

More:

....the revival sees the character now living under an assumed name in a world away from Miami. The ending of the show will have no resemblance to the original finale.

“Dexter” is being filmed in Massachusetts, primarily west of I-495 in local towns and cities including Gardner, Lancaster, Sterling, and Worcester. [5] Production began in February 2021 and the setting is upstate New York.[6]

https://dexter.fandom.com/wiki/Dexter:_New_Blood

One of my favorite actors is a main character, Clancy Brown.

OMG, I can't wait. I almost wish I hadn't found out until a couple days before. hahaha

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Also, the show runner is Clyde Phillips, the same guy who who did seasons 1-4.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The ending of the show will have no resemblance to the original finale.

While I’m happy to see Dexter coming back, I’m a little confused by this. Are they going to ignore that parts of the show ever happened?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No. This is a continuation.

I think what they mean is instead of us left with a another vague future for Dexter such living out his life incognito in a wintry town, and moving when he has to, there will be a definite end to Dexter. That's how I took it.

There is only a "Maybe" whether it will move beyond 1 season. But Dexter was so loved, I bet it's around awhile before that new finale. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, sounds like there will be a definite finale, not an open ended one (which I didn't mind in the original Dexter and which allows us to now have a new series!).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well the finale was absolutely bizarre so I can see why they wouldn't go that route again. I didn't like the latter seasons much.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Dexter reconnects with his son and his girlfriend, can't remember her name. He left his kid with her when he went to be a lumberjack.
Horrible series ending IMO.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm just rewatching Dexter to be caught up/reminded for the new season. I'm at the end of Season 2 (the Doakes part).

At the end of the series he was going out with Yvonne Strakovski, but that's all I remember. I'm kind of surprised I remember so little about the show, so I'm glad to rewatch. It's all on demand if you have Showtime and I think on Amazon Prime.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I've watched the whole series start to finish about 5 times. Maybe more! yikes.

yep, he was with Hannah (Yvonne). She took Harrison to Argentina. It would be so cool see Harrison 10 years later.

OMG, I just looked. Harrison is going to be part of the main cast! He will be played by this kid.

https://dexter.fandom.com/wiki/Jack_Alcott

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The link says he will play a character named Randall not Harrison.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Randall" is Harrison's alias!

eta: at the first link I posted it says
"Jack Alcott as Randall, with whom Dexter has a meaningful encounter. "Randall" is the alias for Harrison Morgan.[7]"

https://dexter.fandom.com/wiki/Dexter:_New_Blood

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Didn't see where it said Randall was an alias in the first link. Thanks.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm sooooo excited for this!!!!!!

Yvonne said she was not returning. I did read the Deb will be returning. It will probably be in flashbacks or maybe she will be in his head like his dad was

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Dexter had a kid?! how did I forget all of this. It's been so long. First seasons were great, later ones not as much, but I watched it all. And yikes, he dated that woman from Handmaid's Tale! I hope they do a very thorough recap. I'll have to look for one on youtube. I've forgotten so much.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, remember way in the beginning of the show he had the sweetest pretty blond girlfriend named Rita? That's who he had the baby with. Sadly, Rita was murdered by John Lithgow in the bathtub.

Rita already had two kids from her previous marriage to a jerk. Dexter framed her ex so he would be sent back to prison and leave her alone. I remember how everyone thought Dexter was going to kill him instead.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have forgotten so much. It has been about a decade. 😆

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am glad to hear that Dexter will be returning. There was a cop who thought that Dexter was creepy and Dexter ended up killing him.....that was scary and exciting tv from back in the day. I might watch the old shows again like I did with the Sopranos.
I keep putting off going back to "Breaking Bad " as well.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It was mf-ing Doakes! That guy said the F word every sentence LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Lila killed him not Dexter. Dexter locked him up and he had convinced him to give him self up and then Lila went and burned him alive

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ps I hated Miss 'Pardon my tits' Lila

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lila found Doakes and killed him because she thought Dexter would want her to. Dexter couldn't kill him as he wasn't a killer and didn't fit his code, and therefore had locked him up and didn't really know what to do next. So actually Lila did do him a favour I suppose.

I'm now on Season 3, and it's nowhere near as good as S1&2. Still good, but it needs to pick back up a bit!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I loved this show, but bailed on it in the 7th season. I’m not sure if I will go back and watch those before this new one. I’m excited to see what they do with the new season.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Rewatched the whole series start to end. Season 2 was sad because Dexter is responsible for Doakes death even if Lila did the actual killing.
Season 5 was my absolute favorite with Lumen seeking her revenge and her and Dexter teaming up and falling in love. First time for a real romance between two serial killers. I really liked how it ended.

Season 6 was my least favorite...the religious killings and Deb finding out about Dexter. That was the end of Deb having her own life or choices. Very sad.

Season 8 turned Deb and Dexter into killers of the innocent and then the horrible ending.

Hoping Season 9 will bring redemption for the viewers who were very disappointed in the last season. I so wanted Dexter to die since he was now killing the innocent on purpose (technically Deb shot the captain) but it was all be cause of Dexter just like Doakes getting killed was all be cause of Dexter.