TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: La Brea: Archive through October 06, 2021 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
This show gives me "Lost" vibes.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Very much, Heckagirl! One of the characters even said something like he felt like he was in an episode of Lost.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked the UnderUnder side. The Upside might be annoying me, and I don't know why!

So we know the crack has appeared elsewhere, presumably under a sinkhole, but we don't know if the Nexus thing is a rift in time, or to an alternative universe.

I'm looking forward to the giant sloth from the trailer!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Have this recorded. It might be fun.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought it was fun... I'll watch again.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
One episode was enough. Not up to the level of LOST at all.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the premiere and will watch the next but am ready to be fed up thanks to the ring. Lol. If the ring is there then how come no one is digging up all those cars? I hope there is an explanation that won’t cause eye rolling. I like the main actress from The Unicorn so hoping they don’t disappoint.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Oh Rissa, I am expecting some eye rolling. I'm along for the ride for now though, hoping to keep enjoying it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 02, 2021 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched this last night. Hubby thought it was stupid and won't watch again. I thought it could be fun and will give it one more try.

It reminded me of those shows when I was a kid where people somehow got sent back to the time of the dinosaurs. "Land of the Lost?" Don't remember a specific show, but I remember it vaguely.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 03, 2021 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I watch a lot of stupid TV, but for some reason I was offended by the premise of the show. A sink hole with no bottom a rift in the sky. Look, I watched every episode of manifest because I liked the premise. This premise lost me right away Yes, you could see they were going for lost, but they did not make it. Going back to saber tooth tigers and wolves you have rift and time change and people in the wilderness having to cope with wild life, but the people have no common sense. Lets pile th food in the open! Thaty won't cause any problem. then you have the people above ground who know more than they are saying and an ex who can cross the time zone in his mind. Ok you can have some weird stuff, but this is a bunch of different genres all lumped together. To me, the worst was finding his ex-wife's ring by a rock he saw in his telepathic moment. And he found it very quickly as if time and space does not affect the earth's soil shifting. there were not supposed to be people then so did the mammoths paint the sign on the rock?

obviously I don't know much about the tar pits, but I believe it was before people.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, October 03, 2021 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
It is not a time rift.

It is a doorway to an alternate universe where North America is very different. That's why the terrain looks the same, but other stuff is different.

I read a book once where Sabretooth Tigers were a player in an alternate earth with very little people in North America.

Obviously, this is just a theory, but it's one that will keep me glued to this series, because I love stories like this.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Interesting idea, Lycanthrope... certainly makes more sense than time rift.

I liked it too, hopefully the writing will do it justice.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If it's an alternative (I also think that's what it is) then how will they justify the ring being there?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
it is really a matter of taste, I watch a lot of stupid TV, but some things rub me the wrong way. Like I said I watched manifest and it got less attractive the more weird religious stuff they tried to include. With some of these shows, I wish they would draw out the show arc before hand so they can have some consistency.

I admit to watching shipping wars until I could call out all the fake stuff as the show progressed, there was actually a pattern to their skullduggery. this person is a villain but will have x many redeeming shows a year, this person is an innocent and will succeed beyond all odds with a few exceptions. one semi-villain died during the show and they had to change some writing. It wasa very bad series.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, while it's annoying when things don't fit together, I watch TV for somewhat mindless entertainment, and don't scrutinize all that carefully. But that's just me.

I agree about shipping wars, and all of the "wars" shows, all fixed.

And Manifest is getting odd... but still watching that too. :-)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
The ring throws me off, actually. But it looked like it was still relatively new. If it was time rift, I don't think it would look that shiny.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wondering where they are going with this.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 05, 2021 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They need a science advisor! I don't mind them making stuff up - rifts in space/time: fine; visions of the past: fine; drones going into the rifts: fine - but ridiculously incorrect science just screams at me. Can't believe no one on set pointed out you can't carbon date things without carbon in them.

I'm still ok with the part in the UnderUnder, but the upside still bothers me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Can't believe no one on set pointed out you can't carbon date things without carbon in them.

Well, duh! Good one, Kitt!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, hadn't even thought of that... yeah, I'm worried about the writing. It has potential, but mistakes like that will kill it among the science-minded.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah you really have to just look at it for entertainment value only. If you start trying to make any sense of the scientific parts. It will drive you crazy. They have animals that didn't even exist at the same time. And yes, only certain materials can be carbon dated. But how about the fact that carbon dating only goes back somewhere like 60,000 years.

Not even their medical or law enforcement scenes are anywhere near correct. I'm sitting there watching it with three people that are picking it apart... Well that would never happen. Well that's not what they would do. No that's not correct medically. No that's not correct scientifically. No that's not correct law enforcement or military wise.

At this point I'm just cracking up saying you just got to ignore all that stuff. It's like Alice in Wonderland or Gilligan's Island LOL. But I still enjoy it, for now anyway

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they said they "dated" it to 10,000BC so carbon dating could have been used, were it not for the fact it was made of metal.

I didn't know camels had been around more or less in their present state for a very long time. The Camelops was apparently in the US at the same time as the sabretooth tiger. Something they did do right!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelops

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was assuming when they said they carbon dated the ring they were referring to the diamond in it. Not the metal. So I think the youngest diamond is like 900 million years old

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You can't carbon date diamond for that exact reason, so even if it had a diamond, they were still wrong.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2021 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Well, it appears it IS a time rift.

But, if that's the case, if they are there and doing things, would that not change the future? Saving those camels would have created another universe. One theory of time travel is that when you make a change, you create an alternate universe. That brings up all kinds of issues and it's why time travel stories are tough.