TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
La Brea

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: La Brea users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 06, 2021Lycanthrope25 10-06-21  4:58 pm
Archive through October 29, 2021Jimmer25 10-29-21  12:15 pm
Archive through November 16, 2021Kitt25 11-16-21  10:41 pm
Archive through December 02, 2021Kitt25 12-02-21  5:56 pm
Archive through January 31, 2023Sincebb125 01-31-23  8:47 pm
Archive through February 26, 2023Sadiesmom25 02-26-23  10:49 pm
Archive through February 15, 2024Karuuna25 02-15-24  1:17 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Long time back, Eve left a message saying the crack in the sky was closing, and one of them found that note. Not sure if there was a later note I can't remember...

I assumed they were at least a few feet deep too. Hard to imagine larger dinos getting stuck in them if they weren't, but maybe the bones are mostly small dinos.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Didn't Ty and someone else (the guy that died, that guy who was with Eve until her hubby was back in the picture)? They put a note in a juice bottle and dropped it in the tar pit 10k years ago? I saw something like that last night, in this 3rd season....and I was waiting for it to be found but I don't remember it every being mentioned again.

I do remember a long time ago (near the start of the series) when Eve's(?) necklace fell into the pit 10k years ago and was retrieved in the present and it had wear and tear after so long in the tar pit, thus proving a time travel claim....or something like that.

Or am I thinking of another dumb show ("Manifest") that did something similar with a rock or airplane part?

Gee, when bad shows steal bad plots from other bad shows, it's....well, it's bad!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gee, I should buy a lottery ticket! I just decided to scan through a couple of eps to see if I could find what I remember. I assumed I'd be unable to locate it and give up. Anyhow, the first thing, I jumped ahead a bit in ep 3 and stopped as the Doctor guy was talking to Gavin about getting a message to Gavin in the past. He said they could do it via the tar pit and Gavin said it was a dumb idea. Then they started walking away. I can't believe I hit that scene at that moment at my very FIRST stop in my scan....and I didn't even know it was actually in ep 3.

Anyhow, after seeing that, I am sure that that what I thought I saw actually happened, but haven't gone looking for the follow up scene yet. However I proved to myself that this event did happen but I have no idea how it played out. I can still visualize the juice bottle as it hit the surface of the the tar as it slowly began to sink into the gunk.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Okay....the scene I mentioned above was just before they discovered that fire and they showed us a high view of it. Minutes after that, just after they found the feral but well behaved wolf puppy was the scene where Gavin tossed it into the tar pit.

screenshots of this:

throw
sink

This is what i remember (s03, about 5-10 minutes in). Funny that I found this so quickly when I didn't even remember the characters in that scene! No Ty at all...or Eve's ex-rebound-bf. The note was a message for present day Gavin to find the microchip.

I don't remember if anyone found it. Seems weird that they would set this whole thing up only to abandon it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Eureka!

Remember when Doctor guy and Ty found Scott in the present? He was in a robe and had ordered pizza. He said he found a note in the tar pit that had a message for Gavin, but he had no idea who Gavin was. It was a conversation among Ty, Doctor guy, and Scott.

So, my question has been answered....I'm just amazed at how quickly I found it. I usually just get frustrated when I scan a show looking for a particular moment, but this time I found all 3 scenes that explained it all in just a few minutes.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-) :-) glad you found your own answer as I don't remember that at all. Show's how little attention I was paying!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow! Thanks for all the explanations. This show had a lot of potential and I enjoyed the overall concept. It’s too bad it was so poorly put together and messed up details like unrealistically clean clothes. Those sorts of things aren’t totally a deal breaker but it’s a surprisingly large distraction

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 16, 2024 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As many flaws as it had, I still enjoyed it for the most part and am glad they wrapped it up.

And glad you showed up, SanFran.. I was thinking last night that I would welcome your voice in here.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 16, 2024 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I read some article yesterday (sorry, no link) that substantiated my assumption that Natalie Zea only had one day to shoot her scenes this season. In fact, it said that her scenes at the "memory tree" were also the very first thing that was filmed.

I just wish Timothy Olyphant had had a cameo this season... :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 16, 2024 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"As many flaws as it had, I still enjoyed it for the most part and am glad they wrapped it up."

Same here. I had thought the same thing about "Manifest"...but by the time the final Manifest eps dropped, I'd already given it up because it was just plain boring. At least La Brea had some imagination (and a secret dry cleaners!)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: