TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Ordinary Joe

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ordinary Joe users admin

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching?
Had this on my DVR from the other night and finally watched it today. I enjoyed it. A little confusing with the flipping between the 3 different life paths but love the concept. I think everyone wonders about the "what ifs" in life based on our choices. The show had me tearing up at several points.
Think it has potential of becoming a This is Us type of show and hope it has a chance to develop an audience.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've taped it but haven't got to it yet. I noticed it is repeating tonight, if anyone else wants to watch/record.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched about 15 minutes of it yesterday. I thought it was too confusing with the constant time changes. I couldn't keep up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's about how much time I gave it, Babyjaxmom.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I have this on my DVR, it looked interesting, so I'm going to watch it this weekend.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m planning to watch it. It sounds a little like a movie from a few years ago called “Sliding Doors”?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, September 24, 2021 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Anybody watching?
Had this on my DVR from the other night and finally watched it today. I enjoyed it. A little confusing with the flipping between the 3 different life paths but love the concept."

I read somewhere that they filmed the show with that issue in mind.

Color tones are supposed to change for each of the 3 stories.

The "rock star" gets more orange.

The "cop" gets more blue.

The doctor gets more "green".

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed this. It's a bit misnamed because he certainly doesn't seem to be an "Ordinary Joe". He has three very interesting potential lives that they are showing.

Anyway, I love this stuff. The great "what if?" that happens to us all every day. Maybe it's strange but I think about things like people getting hit by a loose truck tire and think of all that had to happen in the person's life and in other people's lives to have them and that tire in the same place at the same time. The smallest change and it wouldn't happen.

I also liked how they used the storm as a constant to show how different his life was at that exact moment. It was cool how they used the reunion and showed how things could be the same yet different (his son, for example).

I'm not sure how this will hold up over many episodes (or seasons, if they get that far). Sadly, that may be a moot point. It will probably get killed in the ratings by Monday Night Football and an audience that resists anything remotely different or a little challenging.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am watching it, it is confusing, but simpler more straightforward than lots of shows I had to quit watching. in this show everything is out in the open, instead of symbolic. so I probably can watch this as long as I don't miss too many shows in a row.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched first episode last week. Found it very confusing. Second episode is on now. Not watching -- don't have it on. Doubt I will watching it in the future.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, October 07, 2021 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Tried it, but deleted after 30 minutes.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
We have watched all of the episodes thus far. I don't find it confusing to watch. What I do find is that I tend to get invested in a set of characters when I watch a show. What this does is morphs the characters so it's hard to get invested in "the" character. I watch it because it's on the DVR but not excited to watch it like our other shows that we're invested in.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 11, 2021 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's a good point, when he's a jerk in one timeline it's going to be weird trying to feel sympathy for him in another.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: