TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 03, 2021 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I would love if they stopped with the entertainers and just had a panel of journalists/business woman and attorney types.

Correct me if wrong but I don’t think 1 out of 4 having a conservative slant is token? Isn’t that pretty close to representative of the countries makeup? Something that really bugs me is the equal sides makeup of so many panels. Having an equal amount of people of each sides leads to the public thinking the arguments are balanced. Look at global warming, over 99% of scientists confirm but news panels put same number of each side. Like it’s still up for debate. Or vaccines and autism or dozens of other issues.

I would love to have an intelligent, well rounded conservative voice…. And older!! Would be nice to see someone with personal, real life experience not just reciting talking points with the ink on their credentials still wet. Lol

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’d say the U.S. is split fairly evenly between liberals and conservatives.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Actually it isn't, Jimmer. There are more liberals than conservatives. Also, most independents leaned away from the last republican president. So, it's no longer an even split. This is also borne out in the last two popular votes for a democratic president (Hillary & Biden).

Naja is 100% on point: "People don't dislike Meghan because she is conservative. They dislike her because she is rude, disrespectful, pouty, and angry when a cohost or guests don't agree with her."

I would be fine with a conservative like Ana Navarro as the replacement. Thinking a strong conservative like Liz Cheney would have been an outstanding politically minded replacement (if she wanted the job).

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think 70% of America is in the moderate zone, equally balanced on both sides. Then you have the extremists way off on both ends who might account for 5-10% at most.

As part of that 70%, I would not want them to hire an alt right provocateur like Candace Owens any more then I would want them to hire someone from the extreme left. Is it too much to ask to see balanced grown ups that represent the 70% and aren't there just trying to trend on twitter?

My original comments way up above had to do with watching a show and seeing an individual throw tantrums and be extremely rude to co-hosts. Each co-host is given their own time to talk. McCain, more then others, chose to disrespect that. She was gleeful with each new fight she started because it meant more hits on twitter. Her constant play at being a cvictim is nothing more than PR to land a gig at FOX or OAN.

I would ask those who actually watch this show, what is your definition of a conservative in 2021?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Good points Strategist.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Megan-“Rude, childish, screechy, not factual”,Seems I recall the same things said about two other of the more conservative hosts Hasselbeck and Candace Cameron.
I think some Democrat got in Cheney’s pocket about a few things,but I do agree with much of what she says. She voted with Trump like 90% of the time. I’d be OK with her at The View,but her personality is kind of dry ( much like Megan’s). It will be interesting to see if they pick a real Conservative or a pretend one like Ana or Nicole Wallace. I’m betting the later. Kappy they did hire someone from the extreme left, Joy.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I love Ana, and while I haven't watched the show in years, I'd watch in a hot minute if they hired her. FWIW she's my favourite Republican, she's so honest and rational. IMHO being ashamed and horrified by Trump and his hateful Trumplican policies, etc., doesn't make her a 'pretend' Republican. Just a decent one.

Eta: Clearly the GOP is divided. Old-time Republicans and Trumplicans.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Of course, you’re correct. Liberals do somewhat outnumber conservatives. However, not by 4 or 5 to 1 as they do on the show we are discussing. It's still fairly close to 50/50.

I was also making a general observation about the position of power in the U.S. I was referring to the fact that conservatives and liberals are fairly equal with respect to their influence on government and policy. If anything, conservatives have been more dominant in recent years.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind Meghan, but rarely agreed with her one sided view.

Liz Chaney has my respect for standing up against Trump Org. but still disagree with her politics.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche I think the fact that Ana Navarro is so revered by the progressives here kind of indicates how “ Republican” she is. I don’t know a single Republican that respects her as a conservative,but her name doesn’t come up a lot bc I don’t think many Republicans realize she’s one of us. That being said, that’s who the producers will pick. Megan was too conservative for The View and the only reason they picked her was bc she hated Trump. I hope I see her somewhere else bc her politics aligns with mine. Moderate on the social issues, small Government, pro business, stricter immigration policies. She had the baby ( I remember when Joy told the petulant, rude, immature Megan that she did not miss her at all during her maternity leave) so I’m sure she will stay home for awhile.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, can I ask what your definition of "conservative" is?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
We aren’t really suppose to talk about that here on a TV thread.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
S. E. Cupp is a conservative that would be good.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
For the record, Joy's comment about not missing Meghan had to do with Meghan purposely trying to egg her into a fight and when Joy refused to bite, Meghan taunted her with "You know you love it (fighting) and missed me". Meghan was under the impression that others love to fight with her when in fact it was exhausting for her co-hosts, hence Joy's comment.

It's rather sad that Meghan takes so much pride in being contrary just to argue. Her dad stated on tv that she's a brat and Meghan laughed. I would have been mortified to realize people viewed my behavior that way. A month ago her mother admitted to cringing at times when watching Meghan. This isn't other people making up stories - this is how her parents viewed/view it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think "what is a conservative co-host" is exactly what The View needs to be asking.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There is a thread in N & V (see the link at the top of this page) for an extended discussion of political topics seen on The View.

We can continue the discussion here for now but we may end up switching to that thread if it becomes an extended discussion.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
<93>
I think of a conservative,like the meaning of word, They generally like things the way they are. Many conservatives want less government involved in their lives ( hence the great vaccine debate), more personal responsibility, champions our military, law enforcement, and business owners. They want less taxes, has a disdain for identity politics, is pro life, pro America, pro family valuess, not in favor of intervening in foreign policies, they want less national debt, has a disdain for European social policies. It doesn’t always play out that way, but I believe they try. I’m not a lock step conservative but more of my beliefs align with them.
The last few times I’ve seen Ana she did not agree with *any conservative talking points. Admittingly I have not seen her since Biden has been in office. Does she speak out against some of his policies? Is she critical of any Democrat policies or politicians?I think if she were a real conservative we’d be seeing her on some other media outlets besides The View and CNN.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I shouldn't post then bail for 12 hours. I missed A LOT. lol. To clear up my own post… I didn’t mean 1 in 4 being Republican left the other 3 to be Democrats. I think it’s 25% Republican. Low 30’s% are Democrat and 40 something % identify as independent? So having 1 host leaning Republican is appropriate and not token.

Without catching up on everything. I saw S.E.Cupp mentioned, I think she would be great.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wouldn’t call SE Cupp a staunch conservative,but I like her OK. I don’t always agree with her but she’d be a lot better than Ana to Represent The Right.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Roughly 50% of the Presidential vote goes to the Democrats and 50% to the Republicans. It's always that way, give or take a few percentage points. That is 50/50.

I guess it's possible but I just can't imagine many people identifying as liberal, voted for Trump and he was within a few points of 50%.

Even if we go with 25% and 30% that's still closer to 50/50 than 4 to 1.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 02, 2021 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I posted a wonderful article link about Ana for you in Jimmer's new political thread. She clearly explains why being a Republican is important to her and her family. And why she isn't a Trumplican.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 2:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Many conservatives want less government involved in their lives ( hence the great vaccine debate), more personal responsibility, "

Apparently, many conservatives want less government involved in their lives but not "more responsibility". In fact, many of them want to shirk their personal responsibilities! For example, those refusing to get vaccinated are not only irresponsible, but they are also reprehensible and downright selfish.

If they actually wanted to have more "personal responsibility", why are they endangering the lives of everyone around them by being so irresponsible? Answer- they don't really want responsibility...those are just GOP talking points with no real meaning behind them.

Please note - I'm not referring to "all" conservatives, just the ones playing with other people's lives by shirking the responsibility of getting a COVID vaccination in order to make an illogical political statement.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 2:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’d like to read it but if it’s under News and Views I can not access it. Where else may I find it?
I understand what you are saying, but I understand their feelings too. I got my vaccine as soon as it was available to me.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Jimmer Even if we go with 25% and 30% that's still closer to 50/50 than 4 to 1

My stance on it goes back to how I started… wanting journalists, attorneys, businesswomen who have a length and breathe of real life experience to hold intelligent conversations on a variety of topics. Not interested in a 50/50 split of Political slants. If they had one person who leaned left, one who leaned right and 2 who wobble depending on what’s happening nationally, globally, that would thrill me to no end. Having 4 bipartisans would be even better but not holding my breath.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Whoopi, Joy and Sunny lean left.
Sarah is an independent.
Meagan and Ana lean right.