TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 01, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 01, 2021 users admin

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
that's why I can't watch the show... can't stand to watch others try to talk (yell) over each other...

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Who is "the blonde one" and why is she being referred to that way rather than by name?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
There are two blondes on the show. I no longer care to give the one from Arizona the respect of using her name. At this point, her only concern is camera time and sound bites.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I just want to say that I miss watching The View. It used to be my mid-morning coffee break and literally the only daytime show I watch. However Meghan McCain has become so rude to her fellow co-hosts that I can't watch any more unless she isn't on. I know the panel needs a conservative to balance out the views but surely there is one out there with real knowledge and the education needed to express conservative points without just spitting out gossip and q-anon stories. Meghan McCain's lack of a degree in political science is showing more every day. At this point, she is purposely starting fights and insulting her co-hosts to use ABC as a means to audition for FOX. Please please please let this be her last season and suspend her for the remainder of summer.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Which View hosts have political science degrees?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
They really do need to eliminate Meghan McCain from the show. She adds no value at all. I am so tired of her constant interrupting and talking over people (actually screaming over people who are talking). Ana Navarro provides an excellent and thoughtful conservative point of view.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jen, you got me curious, so I looked up all their educations. Strat, I decided to throw in Ana as well.
----

Joy - Bachelor's degree in Sociology, Master's degree in English education. She also attended HB Studio.

HB Studio (a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization offering professional training in the performing arts through classes, workshops, free lectures, theater productions, theater rentals, a theater artist residency program, as well as full-time study through their International Student Program[1] and Uta Hagen Institute.[)

Megahn - A BA in Art History from Columbia University.

Sunny - From wiki "She received her Bachelor of Arts in English and Rhetoric[5] from Binghamton University and her Juris Doctor from Notre Dame Law School."

Whoopi - NYU Tisch School of the Arts (How the heck do you get in there without an HS diploma????) and HB Studio.

Sara - She attended Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in government.

Ana - From Wiki - Navarro earned a Bachelor's degree in Latin American Studies and Political Science in 1993 from the University of Miami. In 1997, she earned her Juris Doctor from St. Thomas University School of Law.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Jenjackso - Among the many incorrect statements Meghan has made this year includes her stating that she is a "political analyst" which is not true. No one else on the show is pretending to be anything beyond what they are.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I don’t know if there is an official degree/designation for political analyst?

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
She is a political analyst, which would be someone who watches politics and analyzes it. There is a lot of room for opinion and interpretation when someone analyzes something.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Meghan McCain and it's way more about her personality than her politics for me, but she has just as much "right" to be on that stage as the rest of them, except it looks like Ana and Sara have the most politically-related education.

I enjoy Sunny and Ana the most.

But, we must remember, TV is a ratings game. People watch the conflict and the show is doing good enough to stay on the air. The producers love this kind of ish. Think of all media as a game!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Well, Twitter sure does light up when she says something stupid or starts screaming over nothing.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, June 25, 2021 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm probably more liberal than most, but I'm also very open minded. I love hearing a different point of view, but I don't appreciate stupidity and closed mindedness, condescending and insults. I've tried very hard to listen to where Meghan is coming from, but she makes no sense. And she is filled with so much anger and hate. I don't get it. If she could just get rid of that part of her personality, more people would listen to her. She just makes is so hard for me to listen. I follow her on twitter and it's the same thing. She tosses hateful things out there.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Megan is the only one that makes that show bareable. I really like her husband, he’s a political pundit and is very aware of the goings on in our current political climate, he leans right of course but not blind. Has their been any fact checking done on Joy or Sunni?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ha! Meghan is resigning from the show today!

eta: She's staying through July. That's when their summer break starts.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
They will probably replace her with the Trump hating, “conservative”Ana Navarro. Yuck.I don’t watch The View very often, but I’ll miss her. I’m guessing it’s hard being the loan conservative amongst a liberal panel. ;)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
*Lone

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love hearing intelligent opposites debate on opinion shows but it had gotten to the point where not only was McCain distorting the truth just to be contrary but had childish tantrums where she was yelling at and insulting her co-hosts not just on air but on twitter as well, most of it deleted quickly.

As for being a political analyst, I just feel it's an insult to those who actually study political science, economics, foreign relations, etc. in order to actually get those jobs. McCain is nothing more then a commentator spilling her own opinions many times based on hearsay and gossip. She got the job because her dad wanted her on the show. That was verified today. Soundbites and trending are all that matter to her and she flips with the wind to keep them coming.

Those who like her will be able to follow her to FOX or OAN so no worries for her fans. Myself, I look forward to September when I can tune in to my morning show again with adults at the table.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I haven't been able to watch this show since she got on it, she screams and yells everything she thinks and it is often not based on fact, so it is hard for me to listen to her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So what *conservative would you approve to take her place? Maybe no conservative? Would that make “The View” better? Megan was about as moderate as they came and certainly her tone was no different than anyone else on the panel.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
People don't dislike Meghan because she is conservative. They dislike her because she is rude, disrespectful, pouty, and angry when a cohost or guests don't agree with her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Again,her tone and behavior is no different than anyone else on the panel.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
To me, she just doesn’t seem to be happy there. At first, I thought she enjoyed working there. Now, she just seems unhappy. I think she might be happier doing something else. I actually think if she ran for representative or some other government seat, she would be good at that. But, constantly arguing with people is not her thing anymore.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree, her purpose would be best suited elsewhere.Maybe a blogger like her husband.
Being so outnumbered as the conservatives always are on The View,it is not for the faint hearted and has to take a toll. She’s lasted longer than the other token conservatives. Megan Kelly or Candace Owens would be a good replacement and certainly no more extreme than Joy or Sunni.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
For the most part, I didn’t mind Meghan. What bugged me about her is when the ladies were having a more light hearted conversation about something fun/silly, she would rarely take part and when addressed would usually respond with “I think we should be talking about (insert topic) so I don’t really have anything to add”. She just doesn’t seem to have much sense of humor.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t think it’s much of a “view” without different viewpoints. It’s a struggle to be outnumbered. It’s very hard to make your voice heard in a pleasant way without being drowned out

(I’m speaking in a general sense here. I haven’t watched her much on this show.)