TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Gilmore Girls: Archive through February 13, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think the original thread has been archived so I am starting this up again.

I have been watching the marathon that stared on UpTV at 11pm Sunday, we are up to Season 1, Episode 20.

I am laughing so hard because Lorelei went shopping for at the mall, for Luke to give to Rachel(his former love) because Luke went on a tirade how the Mall is evil. Anyway she ends up buying clothes for Luke because they were like 50% on sale, nope, 500% on sale, he says return them, she says try them on they were like 6000% on sale.

It just cracked me up, I love this show, the diagloge is so witty and fun!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and tonight at 8pm on the CW is

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life "Winter"

Oh and now the sale was 6 jillion % off, hahahahahahahaha

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was such a great show. I rewatched the whole series with my DD.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, is this on every night this week or is it a series on the CW?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved that show! I wish I had a daughter, so I could re-watch it with her. My son wouldn't get it. I just finished watching "Breaking Bad" with him.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird. I am not sure but I see we have another episode "A year in the life "Spring", tonight at 8pm on the CW.

Winter .. It was weird to me to see Luke living with Loralei, but then I don't remember the ending of the show. And a 30 year old Rory!! Plus it was a bummer Dad was dead even tho I know he is in RL. But I did wonder why I didn't see Ms. Patty.... must remember to look her up.

Uptv is running all the old shows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So is Rory living with Tristan in London?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 25, 2020 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You know amazingly I don't think I've got around to seeing the final four shows. Thanks for reminding me about this. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 25, 2020 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Luke went on a cruise, got engaged, married, came home and is getting divorced!!!

How did I miss this the first time around, I don't even recall this event.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 26, 2020 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Last night was
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life "Summer".

And Rory was with Logan in London, still trying to remember how he fit the picture, was he in her high school?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 26, 2020 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
On UPTV we are in Season 4, boy I missed a lot of this back in the day, saw a few for the first time.

The Emily and Richard are separated, OMG, and it is too funny how they are trying to hide it and get busted.

And it looks like Luke is finally starting to make a move on Laorelei.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, November 26, 2020 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Rory meets Logan at Yale. He's a journalism student from a very wealthy family that are in the newspaper publishing business. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 26, 2020 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh that's right, now I remember him.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 26, 2020 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Loralai just said to Luke... See you when Hillary's President, hahahahaha. This is a episode in 2004.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, November 26, 2020 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Even cooler, in the final regular series episode, Rory gets a job covering Senator Obama's campaign for the Democratic nomination.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, so I am on Season 6 ... Rory is being a butthead, I suspect this is why I didn't see all the episodes.

Plus it is interesting how I know see all the subtext of "white priviledge" they were showing. I remember thinking it was funny that Emily couldn't seem to keep "help". Now I wonder what they were spitting in her food, hahahahahaha.

Anyway, UpTV is showing the "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life movies on Sunday starting at 11am so I will probably watch them again since they will make more sense to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life "Fall".

I did watch some of this one, was bouncing back and forth to the actual series. I will say the ending was a surprise!

I have wondered if there was a plan to expand and pick up Rory's life after this.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm just amazed they got all of the actors back to play their roles.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Especially Jack.... I mean Jess

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha .... I love Mrs. Kim, she cracks me up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I have been waiting for the Christmas movies to be over so UP would start playing Gilmore Girls again because I really wanted to see Season 7. During the marathon, season 7 was mostly overnight so I missed some key things.

Just found they had started up and I am not sure when, but I got to see 7/21 so now Rory's "affair" with Logan makes sense! and now in 7/22 I finally see what got Lorelai and Luke together.

They are going to run the movies again today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 19, 2021 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just burst out laughing at Emily ... "Richard you can't kill him here, we're in a Courthouse".

hahahahahahahaha, I do enjoy this show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, the more I watch this it is becoming sort of clear that Dean is quite emotionally abusive of Rory.

Never really noticed it before but he is totally controlling and she is always walking around on eggshells not to upset him.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's interesting how what is considered acceptable or even what is considered attractive changes over the years, partly due to changes in society and also due to changes in our own view of life.

I remember thinking that Dean was a cool guy when I first watched years ago and he was my favorite of the three of them. Unfortunately, all three of Rory's boyfriends were somewhat possessive, manipulative and even abusive. I'm trying to remember what Rory was like with them?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kind of a doormat, which I did not notice back in the day..

I have been watching and most of the time I get so irritated with most characters, except Luke.

But I keep watching.

They really had talented actors but so many caricatures.