TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
THE NEVERS

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: THE NEVERS users admin

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
The Nevers is a good steampunk series, 3 episodes so far and I love it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The Nevers is so fun! Maladie might be one of the creepiest characters ever.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
DH and I watched the premiere episode yesterday on CRAVE/HBO On Demand. On the positive side it's original and intriguing. Plus Joss Whedon, co-creator of Agents of Shield, (which we loved), is the brains behind this. On the negative side, it's way too gory for me. We'll try another ep or two and decide if it's for us. As for the nudity, I found it distracting and somewhat annoying. Clearly I must be getting old... ;(

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Please keep watching to have your mind blown. It's so worth it!

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I liked the show as well. A warning though -- Whedon left the show and someone new to the show (Philippa Goslett) is taking over.

It was supposed to be a single season of 10 episodes but production was halted first by COVID, then by Whedon's departure, so only six were completed. (All things considered, I think they managed to stop at a good point.)

Apparently, it has been announced that there are now six more episodes remaining but they're only in pre-production so it might be a while before we see them.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ok thx for the heads-up Spear. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 02, 2021 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well I finally finished binging the show. Had my mind somewhat blown. But not enough to make me want to come back and watch it again next season. The rest of you... enjoy! :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 14, 2021 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have mixed thoughts regarding The Nevers. I think some of the characters and their turns have interesting potential. Very weary of lazy f bomb laden dialogue and sex scenes that seem to only exist because they can vs propelling the plot. A lot of the drama we have seen time and time again but not often with strong female leads.
I will likely watch the 2nd half of the season, hope it is available soon.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
totally my kind of show, I love the main actress, she played in OUtlander as Jamie's sister.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OMG 'Necee, wish I'd know that before dropping the show. (As with Handmaids Tale, I watched a whole season then stopped.) Oh well. Come to think of it, I dropped Outlander too last year. Stories are compelling in all 3 shows, but just to dark, or violent, and anxiety-making for me. I'm a wimp. Lol. I watch tv to escape anxieties.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love the main actress, she played in OUtlander as Jamie's sister.

Thanks, Denecee!!! It was driving me crazy where I'd seen her before. That's one of the things I love about Amazon Prime. You can pause a program and see who all the actors are either in a scene or the entire cast, and it will tell you what they're known for. I'm really bad about wanting to know where I've seen someone before!

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
The cancellation was mentioned in the general thread but I didn't realize they pulled it even though the remaining episodes were already completed!
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/westworld-hbo-max-the-nevers-canceled-1235458657/

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really liked "The Nevers". They better try hard to find a home for the second half of the first season.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: