TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 16, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: A Million Little Things: Archive through April 16, 2021 users admin

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, April 11, 2021 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Where is the dog? Where is the baby? Where did Katherine’s work partner come from? Her previous firm? Also why is Jamie onThis Is Us? Is it unusual that they’d use a actor on two shows at the same time?

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, April 11, 2021 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Also how does Gary make a living?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 11, 2021 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know where dog is.
The baby is with Delilah in France.
Katherine's work partner is a lawyer she met a few shows ago, when he was representing the restaurant's landlord.
Jamie took a flight back to England at the end of the last episode, so I guess the actor is free for This is Us.
Maybe's he's the only British actor on contract with NBC who's not stuck in the UK at the moment ;).
Whatever Gary's job is, I think everyone wants it.

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, April 11, 2021 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Ironically, Gary just said on the most recent episode I believe, that he was an actuary.

Having a blonde moment here - who does 'Jamie' play on This is Us?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 12, 2021 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He’s the other instructor for the new job Kate has with the kids. The mean one, but I suspect that will change.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 12, 2021 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m not sure why it’s important where the dog and baby are? Maybe they’re sleeping in another room (or other country). Why does it matter, if they aren’t adding to the plot at the moment?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 12, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I get it, Julieboo. I worry about those things, too. Gary made a big deal about keeping the dog, but the poor dog seems to be locked in a closet somewhere being ignored. And the baby is in France with Delilah.

I'm sad that Jamie went back to the UK. I thought he and Maggie were cute together.

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, April 12, 2021 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, I would have never realized that was him!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Why does it matter? Because I’m curious. Somehow I missed that the baby went with Delilah. At least then that part makes sense. But Collin was a large part of the story and boom he is gone. And there was another small Target commercial. To not at least show Delilah on FaceTime or zoom is not cool. And seriously how does Gary not work?? Showing him working remotely would be realistic.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I agree with Jimmer. If it's not part of the current story line it doesn't matter. For me, if I spent time obsessing about things like that, I'd stop enjoying the show. Just go with the flow. <99>

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nope, Julieboo and I are entitled to our feelings. I always worry about the dogs and babies in TV shows. Always. It bugs me when they just disappear. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
BabyJax, I do too. I find missing plot elements annoying. I think that's a valid criticism.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just stating for me, I can't obsess over those things and still enjoy :-)

To each their own, I know things like that bother my dd, so I am in no way criticizing.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah it's interesting what attracts someone's attention.

Like no one ever goes to the bathroom. Are they really good at holding it in?

Of course, we all watch the way we want to watch and no one is suggesting otherwise.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL Jimmer!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, but that would only matter if going to the bathroom was a central plot element. See?

The baby, the dog, were central plot elements and then dropped.

And, well, dogs. Woof.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I agree that you gotta love a dog!

It's funny how shows drop plot elements. One extreme example, if anyone remembers, was on "Happy Days" where Richie's brother went upstairs one day and was never seen or mentioned again for the rest of the series (which continued after that for many years).

I have noticed that a lot of shows don't seem to handle content about our furry friends very well.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh I remember that, it's now referred to as the Chuck Cunningham Syndrome LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 15, 2021 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Like no one ever goes to the bathroom. Are they really good at holding it in?

Jimmer, I think about that, too! Especially shows where people are stuck together somewhere. As someone who's known for having a "tiny tank" (an ex BF used to call me "TT"), it's just something I think about. A few years ago the bachelor and one of the women spent the night in a tree house with wild animals roaming below. It really bothered me if they had facilities available, since I wouldn't get through the night without. 😁

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember that treehouse!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 1:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gary works while other characters are being filmed..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
All in the Family used the sound of a toilet flushing, a lot.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I remember that! That was a pretty edgy show for its day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The "terlit".

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 16, 2021 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL it took me a minute to figure that one out, Sea.