TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Equalizer: Archive through February 24, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was looking forward to this new show... couldn't wait for the Super Bowl to be over AND ..... it did not disappoint!!!

I totally enjoyed it, Queen Latifah was wonderful and I always liked the show in the olden days.

I like shows where the bad guys get their due!

Can't wait for the next episode on Sunday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Equalizer
@TheEqualizerCBS
· 3h
The Queen is getting to work. All you have to do is sit back and watch the action Folded hands. The series premiere of #TheEqualizer is streaming now. http://bit.ly/3cRLMOG

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I recorded it last night, will likely check it out tonight.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Always nice to see a new TV show thread. I'll have to give this one a try!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is it anything like the Denzel Washington movies? I loved the movies.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I don't think it came on here

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved it! Queen Latifah never disappoints.

Scoots, maybe you can find it ON DEMAND.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watched it just now online at cbs.com, loved it. Pretty sure all of us here already have cbs.com accounts; you just sign in and scroll down to recent episodes. Easy peasy.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Scoots....I had to find it ON DEMAND as it recorded the football instead of her show on my PVR.

We watched it last night and really enjoyed it! I recognized her friend, the computer wiz, what is that actors name?!!

Looking forward to next weeks show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm going to liken it to Hawaii-Five-O in that while it might not be the greatest writing, I enjoy the cast and will not miss a single episode.

Good to see Tory Kittles (Colony) back in a show. I assume the two characters will begin to help each other out at times.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mizinvanccouver, football ran long (as it always does!). We tried to record it, too, but only got football. That's the problem with shows that come on right after the Super Bowl: you never know what time it's actually going to start and recordings get screwed up. We watched it on CBS All Access (soon to be Paramount+ per 10 million Super Bowl ads) last night. Good show. Hubby thinks Denzel was better, but I love Queen Latifa so I loved it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Miz- That would be Adam Goldberg as the computer wiz. He's had a good career being in movies like Private Ryan and A Beautiful Mind. He's also done alot on tv including Fargo and God Friended Me.

I mainly remember Lorraine Toussaint (playing the mom) for Orange is the New Black but she has been in lots of things. I know Chris Noth from Sex and the City as well as Law and Order. Lisa Lapira was in the movie 21 as well as on NCIS. Great cast all around!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree about the cast. I enjoyed it. I am a big Queen Latifah fan.

Naja, it’s not as dark as the Denzel movies, but I think you would find it enjoyable.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank, Rieann. I guess I will give it a try. I wasn't going to, but you all seem to like it.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kappy! I must have recognized Adam Goldberg from God Friended Me. Wowsers! "Big" from Sex In the City!!! Right!!! I recognized him too!

Yah, I agree, light entertainment is nice sometimes like Hawaii 5-0, Magnum and Private Eyes type shows.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
My hubby and I really enjoyed it! Great cast and I loved Queen since the 80s!

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it too!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 14, 2021 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another good show, I loved the song at the end!

I think this show will probably be a success because we (me) all want someone who can go and deal with the bad people in our world who seem to keep escaping punishment! JMO.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
LOL. Agree Dipo... that's probably why this show keeps getting remade/rebooted. The Equalizer from the 80s, the Denzel movie, now this.

Everyone can get behind the baddies in society finally getting theirs...

... and Queen looks GREAT!!! and Noth too (Mr. Big) :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Second ep gave me such anxiety that as much as I love QL and enjoy Noth and Goldberg, it may be too much for me. I really want to keep watching the series, but the scene with the two people tied up was almost too much. My stress levels were sky high. But I will try again next ep.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
wait, when was the 2nd episode on? LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was on Sunday, Scooter.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby said he enjoyed episode two better than the first. He just needs to get over the fact that she's not Denzel.

I saw Queen Latifah on Colbert the other night. She talked about how they had to tone it down for network TV, compared to the movie.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, MizinVancouver for identifying Adam Goldberg for me. I knew I had seen him in some fairly recent show, but didn't place it as him being on God Friended Me.

I watched episode two tonight, loved it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So far so good. Sometimes I really enjoy those shows and movies that satisfy our desire for justice, whatever it takes to get it.