TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
I'll Be Gone in the Dark on HBO

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: I'll Be Gone in the Dark on HBO users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 12, 2020Kappy25 07-12-20  6:13 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt realize some of the murders were in OC. I was in high school and I dont remember hearing about them at all. I remember Richard Ramirez/night stalker but not this guy.

It is interesting like Michelle points out that this guy killed way more than other serial killers yet we barely heard about him

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, so Santa Barbara suppressed info about rapes because they made a deal with real estate agents selling in Mkntecito! And UC Santa Barbara wanted parents to think it was safe there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.dailynews.com/2020/06/24/how-michelle-mcnamaras-obsession-to-catch-a-serial-killer-led-to-hbos-ill-be-gone-in-the-dark/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It just makes me sad that Michelle didn't live to see him caught. She would so enjoy this!

Thanks for that link, Sea. I didn't know Michelle died of an accidental drug overdose. I thought she had sleep apnea, but maybe that's just what they thought it was before the blood work came back.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Me too, I like to think she was watching from Heaven.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2020 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hope so..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch this week's episode? I'm a little confused about something. I know they used genetic genealogy to catch D'Angelo, but I thought it was CeCe whatshername - the genetic detective - that caught him.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Don't quote me on this Lexie, but I undestood that without Michelle's unrelenting digging into this cold case for her book, the cold case might not have been revived to the extent that it was. She's also the one who gave him the nickname "Golden State Killer".

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get that. My question has nothing to do with Michele McNamara.

My confusion is over who the genetic detective was on the case. I thought it was that CeCe Whatshername who had the show on ABC a few weeks ago. A different genealogist was on the show last night and claimed she was one who solved the case via genetics.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I googled and it does show the lady that was on the show Sun as the one. Barb Rae Venter. I think the CC lady just commented on how it was done I also think ABC had her on because she is sexier to look at.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gotcha... thanks Pamy

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I think the CC woman was a former model?? She's very pretty. I also like watching her Genetic Detective show.

I'm now reading Michelle's book, pretty good so far.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Michelle was the Golden State killer's final victim. Her obsession with him killed her

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I would have to agree with that statement.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 03, 2020 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
GSK gets sentenced on August 29th here in Sacramento. The victims and/or their survivors will all get the chance to face him and tell him what he took from them. It will probably be broadcast live on TV here, as his pleading guilty was a couple of months back. It took most of the day just to itemize all his crimes. Hubby watched, but I couldn't. It was gruesome. May watch some of the sentencing, but it's expected to last for a couple of days possibly, since there were so many victims. This jerk deserves to rot in jail. Hope he lives to be 100.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 03, 2020 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I noticed he had lost a ton of weight from the day he was arrested to the point they showed him on the show last night. If they don't keep him separated I imagine his time in prison will be no fun for him

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the Finale last night and thought HBO did a great job with this documentary.

My heart goes out to all the survivors who lives have forever been changed. I can't even begin to imagine what they must deal with in their hearts, minds and souls.

And watching the nephew talking about "Uncle Joe" and giving us the tidbit about the nighttime encounter with the man wearing a ski mask appeared in his bedroom and told him to go back to sleep and then later after the capture of his "Uncle Joe", putting it together and realizing his "Uncle Joe" may have been using their home as a safe haven. Emotionally powerful stuff in that scene.

I've been double checking my doors and windows every night before I go to sleep.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, don't let his "weakened" appearance fool you. The guy was known for riding his bike around the neighborhood and washing his car in his driveway. He's not the frail old man he wants everyone to think he is. He's acting. Such a disgusting POS.

And I always make sure my doors and windows are locked. People who grew up in the Sac Valley during the 70s stopped leaving windows open a long time ago.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a defense trick.. Look frail and harmless..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, and he's playing it well. I don't know why he's bothering. He plead guilty to all counts. Didn't try to deny anything. They've got his DNA.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe he thinks he will get to go home with an ankle bracelet.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, he can act frail but he cant act like he lost 20lbs. He really did look much much thinner. I dont care that he did lose, just would hope that would make the victims know he is probably more miserable than they hoped for, which is a good thing

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 05, 2020 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe he thinks he will get to go home with an ankle bracelet.

Ha! Fat chance! He will be in prison for the rest of his life. And they will probably have to isolate him. Somebody's gonna take him out in GenPop.

I feel sorry for his wife and family. Can you imagine finding out this stuff about your husband/father? The house in Citrus Heights has already been sold (November 2019). It went for $320,000, which is low for homes in that area. Who would want to live in that house? Yuck!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 05, 2020 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
no kidding!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 05, 2020 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They might tear down and rebuild. That happened with OJ's place an Ariel Castro's house where he kept his 3 victims for years.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sentenced to life in prison (he pled guilty). They had to hold the sentencing in the Sac State University Ballroom, so they could have enough room for the victims and victims' families, while still social distancing. Good riddance. Rot in jail, you POS.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1181005/golden-state-killer-joseph-deangelo-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-without-parole

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: