TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The 100: Archive through October 27, 2019 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Time to feel surprised :-)...

The 100 Renewed for Season 6

https://tvline.com/2018/05/07/the-100-renewed-season-6-the-cw/

----------

This finale was great!! Another re-set for the series. The earth is dead. It's now 125 years later and the last of mankind (as far as anyone knows) was in cryogenic sleep for all that time and they're now waking up and learning they they have traveled to a new planet (with two suns) so they can start over.

The one thing I hated was that they saved that evil McCreary criminal. We all know he's not going to wake up with a better attitude. Cue the new civil war on the new planet.

-----------
1328594819463_6142269.jpg
(image from someecards.com)

When I got here to this thread today, as I scrolled down, I noticed a post I made (Friday, May 26, 2017 - 3:41 pm) at the end of season 4 over a year ago. In that post I wondered if they were cannibalizing each other down in that bunker! I don't even remember thinking that, even when I was watching that recent episode about the bunker folks eating that nasty looking people jello Eeeeeeew...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If they'd given everyone a slice of human like it was beef, it might have been more palatable in a life or death situation, but yeah, the jello... eurgh.

I haven't particularly liked this season, or rather I haven't liked some storylines (Clarke's mum, Octavia, the bad guys from the ship). Assuming cryosleep just suspends everything, they're going to wake up like they went to sleep, and the bad guys are still going to be bad guys and won't have learned anything. I don't want a repeat season of everybody fighting, even if it is on a new planet.

But Monty and Harper and Jordan... awww, nice to have a sweet story for a change.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
But Monty and Harper and Jordan... awww, nice to have a sweet story for a change. I know! {sniff}

I'm thinking they don't wake up the bad guys, only the people in their own crew who they want to wake up. And then once they get a civilization going, they can wake up the prisoners in small groups or one at a time and see how it goes. I can't wait till next season!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Well, see, I thought they had found the perfect ending. But it could also be a new beginning.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
At the end of the episode, they showed the words "End of Book One." Has anyone read the books? I'm wondering how closely the series follows the books. I bought the first book on my Kindle a couple of years ago, but never got around to reading it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I read something about that earlier:

https://tvline.com/2018/08/07/the-100-recap-season-5-finale-ending-explained-monty-harper-son-jordan/

It sounds like it's more the end of a book/chapter in the tv series, rather than a direct reference to the actual novels.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It's back April 30, according to IMDB.com. Wonder where they go from here.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I too noticed they're back April 30, just when I started to think it will never be back, they're baaaak!!! (6 seasons, it's amazing how long it lasted)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay!!! I can't believe this show has lasted this long either. I think they're what? 150 years in the future or something? They should only wake up the good people and not the bad guys.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I heard it's renewed for 2 more seasons. Surprised. Well, we started out with a bang, huh?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love this show, even though I don't always understand what's going on.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was almost completely lost, since I can't remember so much of the last season. :-(

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hear ya, Karuuna! Same here!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Still hard to follow. Wonder if I should seek out the books?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm lost on this show. Not understanding it anymore.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I am so freaking confused as to what is going on! And it's been so long since we saw this show, I think some of the characters look different. Who was that girl kissing Bellamy? And the mechanic girl (can't remember her name) looks totally different, too. I was wondering if they'd replaced some of the actors or if I'm just losing my mind.

I do not understand what is happening on this show!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe this will help. I'm somewhat less confused now: https://ew.com/recap/the-100-season-6-episode-4/

And does anybody remember where Echo came from? I thought she was on the Ring with everybody else who came to Earth, but apparently not.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks! Yeah, I keep forgetting about ew's website recaps.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Good thing I remembered to turn on closed-captioning tonight. There was no sound at all, but a buzzing. Seems this show almost always has a problem with their sound.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I had a hard time hearing in the beginning, especially when the demon was talking.

It did seem to get better.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't watch this, but imagining closed caption of a demon

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sea.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sounds like they're going to create a spinoff of this show, a prequel in fact, of when the apocalypse happened that sent them all into space. Season 7 is set to be the final season of this show (), so the final episode is planned to be a "backdoor pilot for a potential prequel series." Cool!

https://www.eonline.com/news/1086078/a-prequel-to-the-100-could-be-coming-to-the-cw

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
How can the finale be a pilot for a PREquel??! Maybe there'll be flashbacks.

Life in space seems to have been pretty grim, I'll try the spin off but I am thinking there won't be many light moments.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Life in space seems to have been pretty grim, I'll try the spin off but I am thinking there won't be many light moments."

I looked at the link posted above. It says:

"The prequel story is set 97 years before the start of The 100, starting with the end of the world, a nuclear apocalypse that wipes out most of the human population on Earth. The epic adventure follows a band of survivors on the ground as they learn to cope in a dangerous world while fighting to create a new and better society from the ashes of what came before.

-----

It looks like the prequel starts at the time all those people went to the ark, but it's centered around all those people who wound up in Mt Weather, and the the ones who became the Grounders and maybe the A.I. Those groups/communities didn't just happen overnight....they were generations in the making.

It could even be that there will be details about the immortal "royals" who were on their planet(moon) for generations, but I don't remember if they ever said how long. They had to have left earth, before or around the same time of, the first apocalypse that sent a lot of people to the Ark. We know that was around 230 years ago. (97 yrs on the Ark (that's 97 yrs before The 100 starts), 5-8? yrs on earth after leaving the Ark, then another 125 years traveling to the moon colony...so it's now been about 230 yrs since survivors first entered the Ark...which is likely close to the timeline of the "royals" colonists' departure.

I keep thinking I forgot a group or two...were there other communities beside Mt Weather, Grounders, and the A.I scientists, and possibly the immortal royals?

Oh yeah! The prisoners in cryo that were asleep before the (first) end of the world!

Whoa! Something just occurred to me....in those first 97 years, a LOT of different communities and/or governments could have formed and fallen for all kinds of reasons....like on The Walking Dead.

I don't usually look forward to prequels, but this has possibilities.

Come to think of it, if somehow the survivors of the current show decide to go back to earth now, it will have been 355 years since survivors first entered the ark! (97 Ark yrs, 5-8? yrs on earth with the grounders, 125 yr trip to the moon of "royals" and then another 125 yrs return trip.)

Maybe some survivors even survived in deep underground bunkers until long AFTER the second Apocalypse and they come out as zombies?

:-)

I think there are a lot of options for a prequel besides just those people on the Ark, especially with a story that has a total time frame of at least 230 years, about 222 years of it still untold.

Enough rambling and misguided speculation for now...