TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 03, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through February 03, 2020 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, December 04, 2019 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Is it the same actress playing Lea this season? She looks different to me.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yup same actress.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Mame. Until the last show she didn't seem as perky as before.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
If Freddie Highmore isn't nominated for an Emmy on that last scene alone, there is no justice.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 07, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mame, I think that nearly every episode. He is so good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 07, 2019 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He really is amazing.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, December 07, 2019 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
He’s a talented actor and very good at playing interesting characters. He was great in Bates Motel.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The scenes where they were operating without anesthesia were intense. Would they really do that?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That was nuts! I know people who are addicts and have never heard of anyone trying to undergo major surgery without anesthesia. That doesn't seem very ethical either. They have to monitor their pain medication very closely after surgery, but to have an operation without? That's just crazy!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Why didn't they use an old fashion inhalent like chloroform. Or a spinal block. Odd.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good points, OG! I can't believe a reputable hospital would operate under those conditions. It was ridiculous!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I didn’t see the show, but I work at a substance use disorder treatment center. I have seen it many times where patients will do dental procedures without any type of pain relief and consult with us about alternatives when they need surgical procedures out of fear of triggering a relapse.
Usually epidurals are the go to option if possible. Or if necessary administering Suboxone or Vivitral post surgery to reduce the risks of relapse.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
When you come out from anesthetic you don't feel it anymore. What lingers in addicts that makes them relapse? Do they feel after effects of the drugs (that others wouldn't notice) that just trigger them?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Last night was a great episode. I loved Shaun's sweet grin in the last scene. A happy man.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they finally had on one of my diseases - lymphodema. I was supposed to get a special massage machine but they could not locate one near me that I could use, they were all in south Jersey. I tried to get my doctor to call insurance and tell them they had to allow me to another rehab out of network, but he said he would and he never did. anyway my niece and her 3 year old moved in and we started our regular nightly hokey pokey and the foot stopped swelling, the doctor told me elastic stockings and rest, stay off my feet and keep foot elevated, but it was just the opposite that helped me. my foot is now normal every day where it was twice the size of the other one for almost year. I can wear shoes and don't get so tired. and I don't take the water pill one doctor prescribed. 1/2 hour dance time oh and I lost 20 pounds.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! That's a great story, Sadiesmom! Doctors don't know everything. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I loved that the girl with the brain tumor got to have her prom. And that her boyfriend was the first to go and comfort the mom after she died. I hope they become friends (even though they're fictional characters).

I thought I saw sparks between Claire and Dr. Melendez. I hope they remain friends. We don't need another love affair gone wrong on this show.

I noticed Dr. Glassman's annoying wife Debbie (I resent that they gave such an annoying character my name) hasn't been around for a few episodes. Maybe they realized she was irritating the crap out of the viewers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 24, 2020 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! His wife is incredibly annoying.

Good to see him involved in various sub plots.

The prom was sweet.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Didn't realize last night was a new episode. Thought it was a rerun. Lucky the dvr caught it. Will watch later.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Good eppy! Who played the mom? She looked familiar.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Annette O'Toole. She was Clark Kent's mother in Smallville.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Last week at the end it was Shaun with a cute grin on his face. This time it was Carla. Loved it. Carla had her 'parade' too.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry but I don't want to see or know anything about Sean's sex life.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Julieboo. He reminds me too much of my son. I think they're just trying to show that people with Autism can lead relatively normal lives and want the same things as neurotypical people. Doesn't mean I need to see it, though.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Agree on all points BJM!
Secretly I wish Sean and Leah would become a couple. I just can’t get on board with Carly. Not sure why.
Definitely not a Debbie fan.
Overall really love the show.